/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>BMW Integra edition

Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Vids:
>user works on his Si
youtu.be/ompYiFyGHw8?t=362

>Shingu kills a birb (press F)
youtu.be/QQX44qJSuC0

>Shingu's idle
youtu.be/Bx363z6d7iU

>Shingu's Exhaust (lel)
youtu.be/hiBiJEvyh9M

>Idle issue fix
youtu.be/aeESqWHPr9M

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rkOkulQdq1o
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0pHcIlIADc
youtube.com/watch?v=-0-hE2l3CzY
youtube.com/watch?v=HI6yIot6qzM
redpepperracing.com/forums/?showtopic=44348
youtu.be/5yKZZGI-S7U
youtube.com/watch?v=20C4IGY1RFE
speedfactoryracing.net/drivetrain/albins-honda-b-series-drag-racing-dog-engagement-helical-gear-set-gearset-with-fd-and-upper-cuff
ebay.com/itm/Genuine-OEM-Honda-Civic-17-HFP-R7-Alloy-Wheel-/110861237784
youtube.com/watch?v=gt84Eq_6oyg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's been a helluva week, boys. Have a good night and don't let the buggos bite

The car was so pleasant to drive today. No more loud ass revving. It still does it just a little but at a much lower RPM. I'll look around for any more nipples that may need blocking.

Can I use your garage?

My garage door is always open, except for at night because, burglers, raccoons, and pic related yadafags trying to inch their way in to fix the damage acquired from meeting their weekly collision quota.

Wish more people would use it. Sadly, notta lotta friends that are into cars n sheit. If you break your shit while in the mn area, have at it man. Go full vtec with the impact wrench or hell, take the yard tractor for spin

>everything is back together
the new motor is in?

Lel if i didn't have to help my mom with bills I'd move. Getting tired of all this rain anyway.

They do have garages available for rent but they look too small to do any actual work in them.

Went to get rid of that ghetto hose with a bolt on the end and put an actual cap on it. Zip ties to keep them on. Noticed a fuel line was cracked super bad and remembered I had the exact size hose in my back seat. Sitting at a cool 1100 RPM right now. She's purring.

And I reached the 900 RPM goal when it reached op temp. Never heard it this quiet before. It was always so angry sounding before.

I think I'll do a quick walk around video.

nah man, I'm still rockin the jdm engine delete for now. Leaving the hood on to convey that sleeper status.

>roll up to car meet with a trailered FA5
>freshly waxed, looking fresh as fuck
>team of like 10 people, mechanics, sponsers, 1320 camera crew, whole works.
>load it off the trailer
>make other people move their cars so it can be pushed to the center of the meet
>people raging, speculating what's under the hood
>crowd starting to get annoyed, time to open it up and deliver the surprise of a lifetime
>surprisebitches.jpg
>the crowd gasps
>the fully authentic JDM Engine Delete is revealed and glistens under the flashing of cameras
>"no way bro, that's just some ricer ebay delete"
>mfw paperwork to prove it's nots
>"I saw some dude done that delete last summer bro, stupid trend that's already dead"
>mfw I have the ONLY authentic JDM Engine Delete in the entire western hemisphere
>the grils that the naysayers brought with to the meet roll their eyes at their boyfriends in disgust and walk over to my side of the car
>the crowd goes wild
>The FBP FA5 with the JDM Engine Delete goes down as an instant legend in automotive history, surpassing the likes of Henry Ford and even the invention of the internal combustion engine.

Haha, probably going to be at least another week and a half for the motor to go in. Schedule has been kind of random lately so I guess who knows

I picked up my pigfat Type R on Thursday. Any one got advice on keeping it maintained? How often to check oil etc.

10/10

youtu.be/rkOkulQdq1o

It's so fucking docile. Then I hit the gas.

whenever I see this thread this is what I think of
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0pHcIlIADc
and this
youtube.com/watch?v=-0-hE2l3CzY

I'm guilty of setting off an alarm with mine but my exhaust is broken right now. My resonator disintegrated from the inside. Lel

i was in the collage..don't know why it was removed desu
B16A2..planning to do an inte-r swap (engine and tranny), but that's going to take a while until i accumulated the cash for it

>buddy club spec II
kek why even bother, just do a straight pipe..
youtube.com/watch?v=HI6yIot6qzM

Can you guys help me diagnose something?

I keep having problems and they all seem vaguely related, but the repair shop just fixes them piecemeal and isn't able to find a deeper connection.

>2005 TL
>have a problem with the battery being drained
>can't let it sit more than a day without driving or the battery dies
>suspect it's bluetooth, disable bluetooth, plan to get new battery.
>develop starter issues: turning key does nothing, even with jump starter connected. have to bang under steering wheel to get it to start (if i'm lucky)
>replace battery, still have starter issues but battery seems fine now with bluetooth disabled
>starter totally dead, so get it replaced
>go to pick up car from shop, car is totally dead (thought battery issue was fixed? must still be draining)
>starts right up with jump starter
>later that day, go to start car and it's totally dead even with jump starter and direct jump from another car. starter wires seem to be smoking (they're too hot to touch) and battery acid coming out of one of the battery terminals (remember this is a new battery, less than 2 months old)

Other info that may be helpful:
>the front passenger window malfunctions when rolling up (it stutters and I have to do it a bit at a time or it goes back down on its own)
>I was in an accident that damaged the front left fender. battery was already draining before this, but other problems came a few months after
>after I began getting starter issues, the AC stopped blowing cool. they ended up replacing AC compressor to fix it

Any clues or advice would help. I work every day (as a driver, using my own vehicle) so it's a real pain having my car permanently in the shop.

Just build a poor man's Type R. It's cheaper, and your current trans has nice close gearing for naughty things...

nah, i'd quite like to make a sleeper..hangin on the tails of a few 3 series that all the douchebags round these parts drive kek..

You're pissing away money. It's cheaper AND more powerful....

redpepperracing.com/forums/?showtopic=44348

You got the head and trans...

Been awhile since I posted, thought i'd drop a little update on how she looks now. I plan on doing a diy dark grey primer job within the next month.

Go yellow and make a Todoh Racing School copy from iD

Connect a multimeter between the car and battery. Set it to measure amperage with the car off. If everything is OK, you'll have close to 0A. If there is a drain, start pulling fuses until the reading drops. Once you've identified the problem circuit, you'll need to start looking for what's causing the short.

Why tsx (accord 8 in EU/JP) so fucking expensive in US?

no car wash this weekend, looks like it's going to rain more. I want to take the wheels off and scrub the wheel wells when the weather permits

Change the oil every 3k miles or 3 months. Change the trans fluid every 30k miles. Change the coolant every 2 years. Bleed the beans every 2 years. Replace spark plugs, wires, distributor cap and their every 60K miles. change the air filter if it's dirty (check at least every 3 months). Replace brakes when they start squeaking. Replace tires when they reach the indicator. Top off clutch fluid and power steering fluid when necessary. Do tire rotation every 6k miles. Top off washer fluid when necessary.

Don't forget to join the collage fahgot.

You have any advice on how to maintain the auto in my cl?
>Cheese on hood
>This car has so many features gott damm

Don't drive like a 16 year old after seeing F&F 1

We made a new one since trolls were taking pics off Craigslist.

Is that the 98 with the body kit in the collage?

MUH ACURA BADGE
literally badge tax on top of Honda tax

Hey guys, got another problem with my Civic. This time it's the AC! Joy.
youtu.be/5yKZZGI-S7U
Basically, the RPM drops every few seconds and then shoots back up. This happens while idling as well as driving. The compressor is kicking on and off like crazy, and the AC doesn't get cold unless I drive really hard. It completely stops when I turn the AC off.
Any idea what I should be looking at? Pic unrelated.

Sounds like you're leaking freon. Find the leak and fix it. It should fix your problem.

also
>getting low mileage b18c5/6 and trans
>pissing away money
i think our definitions of "pissing away money" differs greatly

Hopefully it doesn't rain on my daydays off so I can aggravate my rust.

Zero>low
And an MFactory 4.9 gets you close

Pupper and the car enjoying the sun

Cute doggo m8

>zero
yeah okay, show me a factory new b18c6

WHEN YOU BUILD THE MOTOR, IT HAS ZERO MILES.

ARE YOU RETARDED?

>buying new parts to build a non type-r engine
now that's pissing away money kek

Oh look it's Corey all along.

who?

Yes

Just let me know when you want to update your pic in the collage m8

Places are flooding like crazy around here but not my city. I still gotta work. Kek

Fucking front office at my apt holding my new radiator hostage because they're closed. Probably because of the flooding. Fuck USPS. Leave that shit at my door.

Usually they won't if it's a theft-heavy area.

Annoying as hell because UPS and Fed Ex will do it. Never had any theft problems. I won't see that radiator until Monday now.

Might be no insurance....

No pics but got the car buttoned up. Im getting it remote tuned this coming week barring any catastrophic failures at my friends shop. He has let me upgrade it there during the garage build when i had nowhere to park it. Hope to make 700 but gonna tune it back to 625ish to help my transmission out.

Hot.

Straight cut gearing?

youtube.com/watch?v=20C4IGY1RFE

>Tfw shooting at the mall you go to
Good thing i went recently.
Also should i be concerned about my car off firing at 6k rpm?

>Also should i be concerned about my car off firing at 6k rpm?
Yes, senpai that's very concerning unless you're going way over the redline

No straight cut this year. I'm going to get mine faceplated by gforce most likely. Definitely want those Albins dog gears though.

speedfactoryracing.net/drivetrain/albins-honda-b-series-drag-racing-dog-engagement-helical-gear-set-gearset-with-fd-and-upper-cuff

Damn they're closed on Sunday's?

Yeah I'll just install my shock tomorrow.

Make a vid

>He's taking wheels off again...

Jej

What everyone think of 8th gen Si?

But I have VTEC now

I like the sedans better. I don't like the oil filter placement.

:( unfortunately sedans not available in Si trim in leafland. Is DIY maintenance hard on this engine?

You don't have VTEC.

You never had VTEC!

Just change the trans fluid every 30k miles. Keep manually shifting gears to a minimum. Don't ever neutral drop it.

Well an EP3 is easier to work on

Lel

I'm doing a tire rotation too so watch out.

>Implying my sohc VTEC isn't wonderful
Too bad the drive by wire and transmission mapping blows

Will do. Is that something I can do myself or should I just take it to a shop? Never worked on a trans

it's the last real SI

Collage fag, here's proof

Use this pic

Swear those look like SI's

I just wish they were bigger, only 16s, would tits with some next gen to type s wheels.

Also it's an 01 Acura cl 3.2

auto or manual?

manuals are too rare senpai

ebay.com/itm/Genuine-OEM-Honda-Civic-17-HFP-R7-Alloy-Wheel-/110861237784

5 speed auto.

2 rice 4 me. Would fucking love these in bronze

It's cheaper to do yourself look it up in the forums. A pain in the dick compared to an oil change

I do have access to a full shop with lifts though if that makes a difference

I was looking up the trans part # and found this!

youtube.com/watch?v=gt84Eq_6oyg

I don't think it's a leak. It works just fine when it's cold out - it only does this when it's really hot. Does that mean it's undercharged, since metal expands in heat or something...?

Will add your 01 CL fàm

Yea it would make it like 10x easier. If you have a liquid pump it would make it easier than an oil change

it is probably low. check your IACV too, and test for vacuum leaks

>AC works fine when it's cold out

>under charged
>not having a leak
Jej
Okay user I give up helping you

Thanks Mang

Probably

That's fukt

Sorry, I'm not quite understanding. If it was a leak, wouldn't it be a constant thing, even when it's cold out?

Do you have autism

Do you have to be a snarky cocksucker to the trip fag?

No but I'm really excited about having a new car

Well he owns a Harley so.....

I wish I owned a Harley

Get a Honda davidson so we can have more bikes in the collage

Tonight was my last night closing. Did that shit for two years straight. Fuck yeah.

Gonna probably check out the muffler shop Monday and see if I can get a glass pack put in place of the broken resonator. Or just another resonator.

>or another resonator
No straight pipe?

It's pretty much a straight pipe right now. It's pretty crazy loud at the 2500-3000 range. 7000 almost hurts my ears.

Thought I would take a quick pic of a fourth gen Accord.

There really isn't any comparison, since the 7th gen U.S. Accord is a rebadged Honda Inspire.

>it's a coupe

Dick status - MUH