Macintosh engine bays

>Macintosh engine bays

Why is this allowed?

Because 90% of people are afraid to pop their hood anyway.

looks neat

because if normies like you actually made enough money to own a lexus you would undoubtedly fuck it up by trying to add sick mawds on your own, because if you can shove an oversized exhaust tip on your 98' accord then you should be able to put a bolt on turbo on a luxury car, right?

>Most people (read: kux) don't know how to fix their cars
>Most people don't mod their cars

Why don't they just weld the hood shut? Not like Lexus owners even know how to pop it anyway

Heard about the Audi A2?
There's no hood on the car, just a service hatch for fluids.

Doesn't all that plastic restrict airflow around the engine? Since hot air goes upwards?

There are benefits and downsides to this. The benefits of this are that engine is less exposed to atmospheric conditions and in the cabin it will be quiter. Downsides are that access is more difficult and in hotter climates it's easier for the engine to overheat. To be honest if I were driving in Finland or Norway I would prefer such engine protection. During winter it might be 5-10C degrees warmer inside engine compartment and when it's extremly cold it actually might help a lot with starting the engine.
If you live in south california or florida, just remove damn thing already.

some people will actually find that attractive

You mean those plastic bits aren't the engine?
You just get in and turn the key. Sometimes I have to put gas in.
>Good thing I live in NJ because I'm not sure how to do that

Nobody who owns a Lexus will ever open the hood

Same goes for most "luxury" car owners

but bimmer owners have to open the hood once a week to either repair something or add more sick mawds

The real fucked up part is if you remove that plastic to show the engine they fucking over heat. Something to do with the way the panels direct airflow.

>meine serviceklappe verboten!
>*sound of gunshots*

Germans don't like sharing their space magic with anyone

That's the most fucking disgusting thing I think my eyes have ever had the misfortune of seeing

Normies don't like seeing all the wires and hoses.

>xposed to atmospheric conditions and in the cabin it will be quiter

You are now aware that there is a large hole in the front of your car whos design purpose is to expose your engine to atmospheric conditions and your car has a hood that prevents this from happening at unintended directions.

Secondly, no, Thats what the firewall does.

>all these pathetic poorfags complaining about a detail they will not experience under any condition because of never being able to afford a flagship luxury car in their sad lives.

>implying they don't take it to a shop for that

I have driven many Lexuses. They are nothing special. If I was ever going to buy a retiree car, It would be a Buick.

cooling systems are very efficient in todays times, its pretty irrelevant.

you know cars dont even need grilles anymore right?

We put a hood inside your hood!

You guys aren't thinking too clearly. If said owners would never open the hood in the first place, why would they place the shielding there to obstruct servicing? Why would it matter?

That's like saying they would put extra shielding under the door cards in the case you took them off so they would look more presentable underneath.

Logically, it would have to be a functional part.

>restrict airflow around the engine
if the plastic cover keeps dust from reaching the oily parts of the engine I'm all for it

Seeing a bunch of hoses and belts is scary

If anything it probably helps channel the air to where it needs to go

Having grills is always better than not having grills.The more you restrict the air flow the more likely you will burn up your fan motor.

gotta love the brief time period where cars had warning stickers inside the engine bay

exsuast pipe will burn your hands
fan belt and fan blades can fuck your shit up
radiator cap may spray hot water all over the place
battery terminals are fully exposed watch out

even things that are self event sometime slip peoples mind
like the exhaust manifold being hot for a very long time after every other part has cooled down

Ugly engine is ugly.
Modem engines are ugly things.

does that car have abs?