Realistically, what is the best get away car? I'm thinking maybe a police spec Crown Vic with an upgraded engine...

Realistically, what is the best get away car? I'm thinking maybe a police spec Crown Vic with an upgraded engine. Total sleeper car but with loads of space and hard suspension. Or something like what pic related drives in the opening scene, a 300 bhp Impala '06.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c2R4piEkz94
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This

A bike

Chevrolet SS
Loads of space
5 seats
Fast
Bland design so they blend in

Preferably in a dark blue or grey

The Australian LS3 Vf2SS is ridiculous

For immediate disappearances, when you know the area, and the cops haven't had time to get a helicopter up, a bike or several bikes. You won't get held up in traffic, can out-accelerate everything the cops throw at you on the road, can skip over sidewalks, up narrow stairs, through narrow alleys etc, and with some panniers, you can haul all the cash/gold/diamonds you're realistically going to lift. Obviously, these are best used to get out of the immediate area pronto before the cops/security have a chance to secure the area, then hiding out and stashing/splitting up the loot into long-term vehicle solutions/hiding places.

If there's a chance that the cops will already be in the area fast, or helicopters are on the way, you need a boring, base model 2007+ econobox. It needs to be the most widespread, commonly seen vehicle for that city/state/country, in the most common colour. Make sure it's in prime mechanical condition, and it's worth doing some subtle but effective performance modifications while keeping the exterior bone stock. A little wear and tear is fine visually, but nothing at all that would seem out of the ordinary or risk a potential traffic stop. (So no blacked out windows either. Yes, it'll hide your face, but depending on your state you could risk being pulled over). The idea is that you load your shit up, and get the fuck out of the immediate vicinity of the target location, before blending in seamlessly with everyday traffic. Plan your route and practice the journey over and over again until you know the roads like the ones in your hometown. Know where the largest, most well-staffed police/highway patrol stations are and pick a time of day that'll allow you to make good progress through traffic. You need to be a good 35-40 miles away from the hit location within the hour, this means making good progress all the time, but never speeding or pissing off other road users.

Forget taking a rare/classic car. Idiots do that, and idiots get caught.

Ford Transit

Character limit reached.

Obviously it goes without saying, don't buy whatever car you use from the local area. Pick something from a state or two over, nothing too foreign though, and pay in cash, wearing entirely different clothes/hairstyle/glasses to what you do on the day of the hit. If you have to acquire the car in person, use different mannerisms to normal when speaking, but don't disguise your voice or use an accent. Anything too different to your normal speech will stand out, no matter how casual you think you're being.

Another point of note is license plates. Fraudulent plates are a must. If you can't acquire/produce these then don't even think about attempting anything at all. Fix these to the car as late as possible before the hit.

You'll need two sets of plates, and there is a proper way to do things. One goes on the car as normal, just before the event. The other is a printed, removable vinyl overlay. This must be indistinguishable from a real plate from a few yards away. You can buy printable A4 vinyl sheets all over the place, so do it yourself. DON'T for the love of christ trust this to a company or a friend, which should go without saying. This fake vinyl plate must be different to the one fitted to the car at the time of the hit. Apply it over the top of the (fake) plate just before going into action. When you've made your first moves and escaped the immediate area, pull the fuck over somewhere quiet, peel the vinyl off the plates, get back in the car and calmly but quickly continue to get the fuck out of dodge. TAKE THE VINYL WITH YOU. Burn it at a later date.

dirtbike senpai, no car is fast enough to outrun a radio

M5

Havent you seen the car advertised as a getaway car?
It always gets away.

>go to hop in m5
>wont start because bmw
>get hauled off to pokey
Lol

Honestly a debadged impala ss is the ultimate stealth car. Or a 2012 impala with the 3.6 cause it made more power than the V8 ss. Make sure it doesn't have a spoiler. I drive an 09, and I've gotten myself out of many close encounters due to there being clones of my car in parking lots.

if getting away is your only goal, a bike.

if i had to also carry people and some loot, i'd go for an sti wagon since it's small, nimble and has lots of traction

Pretty much this. Tear ass away from the scene of the crime on a bike right directly into the back of a moving van you have parked a few miles away. Drive to stash location in next town.

you know what the best getaway vehicle is?
working hard, and putting your head down. getting a stable job. guarantee the police will never find you

But bro, doesn't it have a loud exhaust?

Do you have a school that teaches particularly this? Where do I sign up?

>gets more mpgs than those v8s

Thanks gramps

No, just experience. And to be honest, what I've said thus far is barely scratching the surface.

If you have to take one thing away from this thread, let it be this: Be prepared for every possible eventuality. That means having spare items available at every step, be it clothing, parts, whatever. Oh, and if something doesn't seem right, get the fuck out of there, even if means abandoning weeks or months of planning.

youtube.com/watch?v=c2R4piEkz94

Nothing can beat this.

Ford Transit.

It definitely blends in

not when you have that ecoboost