Whenever I'm accelerating hard and press my clutch in to change gear the engine revs INCREASE instead of decreasing

Whenever I'm accelerating hard and press my clutch in to change gear the engine revs INCREASE instead of decreasing.

Is something on my car broken?

take your foot off the gas

Yes, swap in ecoboost

Really dumb question but I have to ask:

It's not that I tested

Sounds like you might have a throttle that doesn't close all the way. Even though your foot is technically "off the gas" it's still making decent power. Do you notice that you have a fast idle?

>he bought the rev up motor
hahahahahaha

Probably this
My shit came loose and my idle was literally 20mph lmao

It made driving in parking lots extremely difficult

Not any faster than usual.

But it is the first car I've had with "drive by wire" throttle. Maybe it's fucked.

I have a mk5 jetta that has really bad throttle hang like that, could be throttle position sensor

If it's still accelerating, that means that there is still a lot of fuel being fed to the engine.

Do you have fuel injection or a carb?

It's fuel injected.

It's an Audi TT

Is it a kia? or a late model 350z?

Fuel injection isn't my expertise because I only wrench on boomer-mobiles, but it sounds like your throttle body isn't performing correctly.

I'd suggest looking up throttle body cleaning tutorials and give it a good scrub, might fix the issue. I think some carb-cleaner and a tooth brush would do the trick.

Look up throttle issues for your car. It could be mis-calibrated.

Probably just slow throttle response. Try letting off the gas, wait a second or two and then push in the clutch

Take your foot off the gas.

its trying to help you rev-match senpai

Could literally be this, shitty drive-by-wire

git gud jimmy, lern 2 drve cunt

probably inertia acting on the flywheel from the fact that depressing the clutch is not an instantaneous event, revs will shoot up momentarily and then lower.

lift to shift, dumbass

rev hang

This shit is clear as day when you drive both carbureted and fuel injected cars.

Try cleaning the throttle body?