Shit, my clutch pedal is sloppy as hell...

Shit, my clutch pedal is sloppy as hell. Time to look for leaks and probably replace some shit but how do I air it so I can drive it to the mechanic?

Bleed it?

why does that car have two gearboxes?

>he takes his car to a mechanic
cuck

bleed the slave cylinder by opening it and having someone push the clutch then you close it and they release. close it before they release clutch or more air will get in. You can still drive it with lots of play in the clutch

It's really not that hard to bleed it. Unless you have some shitty german product or some other trash.

What car.

Bleed it faggot.

That's a very good question.

Normalfags making car diagrams and can't differentiate a transverse layout from a longitudinal

>not having cable instead of hydraulic

Fucking bikefags

I have a cable. It's fucking awful.

but you get used to it after a bit, my car already had the cable saw through the firewall once. I'm scared that I'm going to snap it one day

Thanks for the blog

Jesus christ you fags are so retarded, it's showing both setups so it can show both setups.
Otherwise you fags would be like
>bloo bloo it only shows fwd
>bawwww most cars aren't rwd why sho rwd

I actually had a clutch slave cylinder break on me a few years back. Thankfully it was only a few hundred meters from home but pushing it back wasn't fun.

>he can't float gears
Holy shit

If you want to bleed the system look for where there is a little nipple on the transmission. Havr a friend push the clutch in and hold it to the floor. Crack nut let it bubble and tighten it back up. If no bleeder valve wedge clutch pedal to the floor and leave it overnight or a day and hope it bubbles to the surface

Explain how to start clutch less for us, for worst case scenarios

>Engine off
>Place vehicle in first
>Turn key

Rip starter

I moved my car over two blocks with just the starter.
>Driving home the car is acting like it wants to stall
>Guessing electrical issue as it's raining
>Stop at the 4 way stop sign which is a smidge over two blocks from my house
>Stalls out and it won't start
>Coughs but no cigar
>Fuck it, I'm not pushing in the rain
>First gear and used the starter to pull my ass home
>Not even slipping the clutch, just engaged and turning over
>Starter was untouchable when I made it to the garage
>Turned out to be a faulty ignition coil, original had a hairline fracture on the casing
>Starter still worked for two more years before the motor puked

I then used the starter to drive it up onto the trailer to take it to the salvage yard. Had to slip the clutch that time though.
>No compression either as I had pulled the plugs

can you really do this? I'm gonna try this in my sisters manual Kis Sephia

If you can get it moving you can float the pedal and get it into gear if you rev match. If it's a unit with a concentric slave, get ready to drop trans and replace everything because it sucks to get to them.

Clutch is for getting the vehicle moving but the starter has enough power to actually move the thing in an emergency

>can you really do this? I'm gonna try this in my sisters manual Kis Sephia
Not if the car has a clutch brake.

>master cylinder
>slave cylinder
Fucking racists, the automatic torque convertor is a true champion of equal cylinder rights

I had my clutch fail and lock up so I know it can move the vehicle but it is not recommended.
I'm calling Bullshit unless you hotwired the clutch switch to keep this from happening. This shouldn't happen with a healthy clutch.

Two are better than one.

My Acura has a cable and it was god tier.
With hydraulic you can't feel the bit as much.

If the clutch switch fried for whatever reason, you could start the car without pressing the clutch or it could prevent the car from starting even with the clutch pulled in.

I bypassed the neutral safety switch the first time winter rolled around.

It's nice being able to reach in and start the car without actually getting in.

How do I get the starter to turn if my clutch can't be pushed in? My car has a clutch safety switch.
Does the car not know if the clutch is working, only if the pedal is pushed?

if your clutch checked out, when you push the pedal in it isn't going to disengage the gearbox.

No shit.
If my car is off, I can move between gears, but it won't turn the starter without the clutch being pushed in.
If I have the car in 1st and then try to start the car, nothing will happen.

is this clutch set upon the pic universal

>but it won't turn the starter without the clutch being pushed in.
nigga you're missing the point. You don't bother doing this until your clutch is down to the rivets.
At that point you can push the pedal as much as you want, the clutch is going to slip like jello on ice.

Underneath the pedal there's a switch that's pushed in when you push the pedal down.

You can either spice the two wires together, supply a jump wire to the two wires, or use something to hold the switch in to complete the circuit.

Crawl in and look at the clutch pedal. Near the top you'll see a switch.

All it's there for is to make sure you don't accidentally start your car in gear.

Being able to start your car without pushing the clutch pedal opens up the opportunity to do something foolish
>Like start your car in gear and hit something because it wasn't in neutral

You should always push the clutch in when you start the car, but sometimes it's nice to start the car from outside the vehicle because it's cold as fuck and you'll wait for it to be all cozy inside.

I don't think you understand what I'm asking.

>Slave cylinder goes out
>Can't use clutch
>Put car in 1st gear
>Try to move forward on starter
>Clutch safety switch keeps power from going to starter
>Stuck in my garage until I fix the slave cylinder.

made it seem like you could get the car started somehow by inching forward on the starter and then be able to float gears without the clutch.

>>Clutch safety switch keeps power from going to starter
>>Stuck in my garage until I fix the slave cylinder.
>the switch is usually part of the pedal assembly itself, not the hydraulics. In that case even if the slave cylinder was fucked the switch could still be disengaged with the pedal.

Are you blind cunt? The transaxle is clearly an automatic, so doesn't even have a clutch, you can see the torque converter.

Then push the clutch in you fucking moron. It's a switch at the pedal, holy shit how retarded are you.

>The transaxle is clearly an automatic
What the actual shit does that have to do with my post

You said it's to show both setups. Obviously an automatic doesn't have a clutch setup. Checkmate.

To show both rwd and fwd you massive fucking homo

Why show a fwd automatic if they've gone to this much trouble to make a twin gearboxed hybrid vehicle? Surely they could have had a picture of a manual transaxle? This is just going to make peopelle look for the slave cylinder on their auto.

author prolly didn't realize what the difference was

I hope OP didn't crash into his garage.

>need hydraulics to move a clutch
>skipping leg day
>adding another point of failure to your car