Alright Veeky Forums I'm getting a new car. Should I get a 2017 Camaro SS or a 2017 Mustang GT? My budget is 40k at most

Alright Veeky Forums I'm getting a new car. Should I get a 2017 Camaro SS or a 2017 Mustang GT? My budget is 40k at most

Other urls found in this thread:

caranddriver.com/reviews/2015-dodge-challenger-r-t-scat-pack-automatic-test-review
motortrend.com/cars/dodge/challenger/2015/2015-dodge-challenger-rt-scat-pack-first-test/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mustang if you don't want to break your wallet

wow the mustang looks so big and heavy next to the camaro

I used to be all about the mustang, but that side by side changed my mind.
Look how pigfat the mustangs look

Challenger

>a useless straightline car

The camaro if you don't like visibility

Challanger is slow as fuck

lol can't even see the camaro drivers full face.

Guys, the mustang doesn't just look big, it is big/heavy.

At least the camaro lost weight instead of gaining.

OP if you care about performance, buy the camaro

This, unless you plan to track it

If you plan to track it get the Camaro

>samefagging
The Mustang GT weighs 60 lbs more than the SS.

That's because there's a Mexican manlet driving it while the mustang has a 500 pound man driving it

An SS and GT both come right at about 3700lbs according to Car and Driver

>Mustang weigh more but is not pigfat

You are retarded

>doesn't know how to construct a sentence
>calls others retarded

Still the best looking one even it it's the worst in every other aspect.

after just driving a convertible 2015 camaro ss i can only say : all bark no bite! The mufflers are trumpet shaped just to make it sound louder. like others have said..visibility is shite. When you take a turn and look in that direction..all you see in front of you is half a foot of sidepanel and btw i get more fun from a 2 liter turbo than that car. Only thing hs for it is that it feels great to be in. its the type of car that you pull up at a stop light and burnout to the next stop light just to "look cool"

The 2017 is literally a different camaro

can you drive these things in the snow?

The mustang feels the same.
These cars feel so hollow and disconnected from the actual driving experience. Op should probably just get a miata or a go kart

No, they weren't meant to be driven in the snow. These cars you take out in the spring, summer and fall.

The SS is like a half second quicker than the GT bro, it's not even a competition anymore.

The Mustang looks a lot better though, unfortunately.

so what the hell do i drive december-march

>auto vs manual
Ford won't have an automatic in the mustang till next year.

The camaro also costs far more.

Couldn't you just add snow tires?

*a faster automatic

A buy a cheap shitbox

Why would you get an auto? I thought this was Veeky Forums

>Ford won't have an automatic in the mustang till next year.

they what?

>The camaro also costs far more.

True, $4000~ difference is fairly steep at that price point.

See

>implying samefag

So the mustang looks heavier/bigger, and it indeed does weigh more.

It also has less horsepower. You either buy a mustang for the exterior, or interior quality. It's an inferior performance platform compared to the alpha camaro.

I would expect a car with a 4k higher msrp to perform better. Just as I expected the mustang with a 4k lower msrp to sell at a over a 2:1 ratio. Additionally, it's not even a surprise why the Challenger sells more than the Camaro 6. Money talks and most people don't want to pay more for slightly better day to day performance.

>every other aspect
>implying its not maximum comfy landbarge with huge storage space

literally a "MUSCLE" car

Better get what everyone else is getting. Someone post that pic of a meet with like 20 mustangs parked next to each other

A muscle car with no muscle (it's slow). The V8 without the scat pack is literally slower than a v6 mustang and v6 camaro

The Alpha Camaro is brand new. Give it a couple of years and there will be bargains on these cars left and right. Besides, you would be putting thousands into a mustang anyways to get it to perform on the same level as a stock SS.

Challengers sell on looks alone. Mustangs sell because of teenage women and boomers. It just depends on what you main priority in a car is.

All I've been saying this whole time is that the camaro is the better performance car of the two, which you pretty much admitted already.

Do you really think the Mustang won't have sales making it cheaper either?

>you would be putting thousands into the mustang
It would still be cheaper.

>which you admitted
Yep, no surprise a 38k dollar car beats a 32k car.

gm can't design a good ass anymore, that looks so fucking boring.

when I say muscle I mean like those strongman guys

big and low with lots of carrying capacity

Neither. 40k could get you a used corvette or cayman s or 997 911.

>only visible difference in dimensions being that the Mustang's roof line is an inch or two higher
ITS SO PIGFAT GUISE DO YOU SEE DO YOU SEE HOW BIG IT IS??????!?!!!?!?!??!!?!

A voice of reason appears. May I also sam you could still get a sweet muscle car and that 5.0 at 20 grand with a used Mustang. 20g saved is a dope down payment on a house.

If you don't have your heart absolutely set on getting a brand new car I would really advise you to consider looking for a fully optioned 2015 or 16. Your $40k would go a lot further in getting you a car with all the bells and whistles that may only have 10k miles on it.

You're starting to sound upset. Just because a car is more expensive doesn't mean it performs better. Why do you have this need to defend the mustang from facts?

The 2016 mustang GT with the performance pack is $36,540. The 1SS is 37,900. I'd pick the Camaro

That mustang looks sooo fat compared to the camaro what is going on

>Buying a car that's known to be abused used

Nah

It's an optical illusion created because the Mustang is so far ahead of the Camaro

>Implying that the majority of original owners didn't baby the shit out of their 60k car.

>ANGRY HEADLIGHTS
>ANGRY GRILLE
>ANGRY REAR FACE
>ANGRY DOOR HANDLES
>ANGRY STEERING WHEELS
>ANGRY TINY WINDOWS
>BOTH CARS WEIGH ALMOST TWO FUCKING TONS

If you look at the tires you can see the camaro is further ahead meaning the mustang is even fatter than it appears hahahah

why would the camaro let the mustang win though?

I really want to like the camaro but everytime i see it I am reminded of the modern car design meme pic with tiny windows and wheels

someone post if they've got it, keep forgetting it save it

Facts that the camaro is far more expensive?

you can tell by the tires they're the same distance from the camera. The mustang just looks really... fat

that's the secret to modern car design.

Those are also the type of baby booming owners who demand 30% above market value

pity maybe?
Fat people need inclusion too you know

Nah notice how the Mustang driver is having to look in his side mirror just to see where the Camaro is

Mustang is further back actually

>Implying that fat fuck isn't looking for a mcdonalds

Honestly in the thumbnail the Mustang does look bigger but in the full size image the only difference I see is that the Mustangs roof is a little taller

REKT
E
K
T

>far more expensive
less than $2000 difference.

Don't tell me you wouldn't get the performance package on the GT? It would get destroyed even faster by the SS

(ps- before you respond next time, realize that I am fully aware that the camaro costs more than the mustang)

>a car more expensive beats a cheaper vehicle
Congratulations? I'm pretty sure we're on the same page.

I bet you are one of the fags that spams the corvette and gtr image

No, I'm not. Are you okay, buddy? Just a car. No need to be upset.

I'm not ok with faggots on Veeky Forums saying no suprise the more expensive car won then turning around and spamming the corvette vs GTR shit

Neither, would take a challenger any day

The Challenger Scat Pack R/T 392 is much more comfortable, rides nicer, has way less road noise, and looks much cooler than either of the two. I've had so many people give me compliments on on my challenger

Compared to the mustang, its much faster. The only exception is around a track and by less than half a second. The mustang was just too boring for me and the interior was lacking.

The camaro is a better track car hands down, the steering just feels more direct. But the visibility sucks and is a pretty rough car to ride in every day.

I don't spam corvette vs gtr images though. Im just saying it's not a surprise that it's faster. Sorry I upset you for some reason.

it's not just faster. It also has better steering, gear box, brakes, etc.

Making it worth the increased price if you care about driving dynamics.

As expected from a 6k dollar price difference.......

You mean how the 50k M3 drives better than the Camaro?

Oh wait...

I didn't mention a bmw though. Not to mention it isn't even a muscle car. Are you okay?

This right here.

You could even get a used C6 for under 30k.

It handles like shit an has a V8 making oodles of power, sounds like a muscle car to me

It isn't a muscle car though. Even if it was it doesn't even compete with the camaro and mustang. It's in a different class. You sure are moving goalposts a lot.

>bmw m3
>V8
This is how stupid GM fangirls are.

Challenger

e92 has a V8. Not available new at this point but then again neither is a $50k m3

Typical miata fag

If you like to see out of the car than don't get a camaro

The challanger is slow. It's literally slower than a v6 camaro and mustang

The scat pack version of the challenger is faster than the mustang and only 2/10 of a second slower than a Camaro ss

How does that Caamaro guy even see out properly?!

I drove a 14 GT on Snow and it was good.

Mustang looks more exotic and clean.

No its not lmao. The scat pack does not do 0 to 60 in 4.2 but either way I'm talking about a base V8 losing to a fucking base v6

>angry door handles

My fucking sides

OP should also consider the availability of things like the Pontiac GTO or G8 GT/GXP, all of which are quality cars. The only issue with the G8 is that the GT is automatic only and manual GXPs are difficult to find.

thats why they got truck engine. kek muh torks to haul 2 ton car.

caranddriver.com/reviews/2015-dodge-challenger-r-t-scat-pack-automatic-test-review

0-60 in 4.2 faggot

Where is your evidence of a base 2015 mustang V6 or camaro V6 beating an R/T challenger?

And better view. Oh wait

you suck

>Car and Driver

Top kek, no one on youtube has seen that time

Also google it retard

>I don't know how to drive! Mommy hold my hand!!!

Try driving one, it's not as bad as people make it seem. There's a reason 90% of camaro owners said keep the windows the same

>t. flyover state

motortrend.com/cars/dodge/challenger/2015/2015-dodge-challenger-rt-scat-pack-first-test/

Motor trend got the same result

you are now aware the front ends are the same but the camaro has it upside-down

I dont have any video, but I smoked a 392 scat pack auto in my BPU ecoboost the other day (about a car length89 at 1/2 mile). The guy was so pissed off he ran a red light so he wouldn't have to look at me.

Bullshit. Do you remember the chat with your mother and I about LYING on the internet?