What are your feelings on the four-door Jeep Wrangler? I live in an area with a lot of Jeeps...

What are your feelings on the four-door Jeep Wrangler? I live in an area with a lot of Jeeps, and I hardly ever see two-door models anymore.

Their proportions look off because of the length, and they seem like they'd get high centered easily compared to the 2 doors.

Are they less prone to death wobble at highway speeds?

Tend to be owned by someone that wants a Jeep with the classic Jeep look, but doesn't want to commit to the utilitarian design of a Jeep.

Rode in my friend's new one, they're pretty comfy to ride in and have an extremely nice interior

How are they not utilitarian?
Is the Land Rover 110 somehow also not utilitarian because it has four doors?

ignore him. 94 crown vic owner.

they're shit for gas mileage. especially for what they are. they're not useful as a small SUV which is what people think they are.

but they're good for off roading, which is what only 10% of people are buying them to do.

people who buy these are just putsing them around the mall. literally just buying a jeep because its a jeep.

Could be a bit presumptuous of me, but when I hear a swb offroad capable vehicle with two doors I think jeep (or samurai, but mostly jeep). When I think of 4 door, 4wd off-road capable vehicle I think of every manufacturer under the sun. It sacrifices some of that smaller size (and capability) for a couple extra seats and comfort, which takes away from the whole "utilitarian" vibe.

Yeah its still pretty capable, and yeah jeep has become a bit of a cushy brand, but the people I know that own 4 door wranglers are for "muh stronk outdoorsy wimin" and people that want a jeep for the sake of saying they own one.

Don't get me wrong, I love land rovers and the like, but you can't deny that jeeps legacy is based off their 2 door wrangled.

how is having more doors less "utilitarian"?

New Wrangler owners are pussies. They can't even relate to Jeep shit quality but top fun. Had a mid 90s jeep that was several years old and whenever I talk to new jeep owners they glaze over when I chuckle and laugh about Judy Empty Every Pocket. Maybe this is a good thing.

>It sacrifices some of that smaller size (and capability) for a couple extra seats and comfort

Can you just not read or did you willfully choose to not understand?

If you think of a jeep in terms of the intents of its original designs, then an additional row of seating (and the extra doors to accommodate them) is not wholly necessary to its functions, meaning they're creature comforts.

Is it "bad" or "wrong"? Absolutely not. Its a company capitalizing on consumer interest.That's like saying A/C and computer assisted systems are "bad". If people want more seats and doors that's totally fine. But often times these additions are based less on practicality and more on wants, which is not really utilitarian in nature.

Also
>inb4 reduction to the absurd and straw man fallacies

How is being able to carry more passengers and cargo not utilitarian in nature? It's not like we're talking about sunroofs here.

Oh right. This is why I said it was probably presumptuous of me in my first post, and I guess I didn't explain it well enough then.

I guess to try and shorten the explanation, the extra passenger/cargo room is practical, but not necessarily for the same purpose as jeeps were originally intended and used for for decades. That's why I personally consider them less utilitarian than their 2 door models.

Maybe that helps explain my point better? Again this is just my personal opinion as requested in the OP).

that's pure autism

just because that's not how they came originally doesn't mean having more doors makes them less useful.

no one gives a shit how YOU think about them.

jeeps with 2 doors are inconvenient. period. you're autistic if you think your reasoning has any basis in reality.

OP here. I should add that I also see very few with soft tops. The only one I see regularly is my co-worker's, who has an Unlimited but takes the thing to New Mexico every other week with the local crawling club. (He's also a "Jeep guy"; he's on his 6th or 7th Jeep so far.)

Yuppie garbage

>jeeps with 2 doors are inconvenient. period

>>no one gives a shit how YOU think about them.

Not even the user you're talking to. You're being a gigantic faggot.

Shit. Get a 2dr or you're a poser or woman.

>autistic

not an argument

chrysler shitbox minivans

I'm the guy you responded to. He asked people opinions on 4 door wranglers, I gave him my opinion. Just admit you bought a jeep as a family vehicle and are trying to cover your own tracks now.

Anyone have opinions on hard vs. soft tops?

Think its just personal preference honestly. Why are you asking everyone else's opinion on the jeep though OP?

I'm considering a Jeep while I look for new vehicles. I now live in an area with a lot of off-roading opportunities that I'd like to take advantage of. I'd get another Explorer, but I don't really need a vehicle with a lot of creature comforts, so a Jeep seems like a good option. Plus, there's lots of aftermarket parts available.

i think you'll be happy with a jeep. they are very capable and as you said, lots of after market stuff.

>Utilitarian
>Jeep

Well, you're not going to haul lumber in it.