/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, October 1st:
1814 – Opening of the Congress of Vienna, intended to redraw Europe's political map after the defeat of Napoleon the previous spring.
1827 – Russo-Persian War: The Russian army under Ivan Paskevich storms Yerevan, ending a millennium of Muslim domination of Armenia.
1880 – First electric lamp factory is opened by Thomas Edison.
1918 – World War I: Arab forces under T. E. Lawrence, also known as "Lawrence of Arabia", capture Damascus.
1938 – Germany annexes the Sudetenland.

>News
EU4 - 22/09
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-22nd-of-september-2016.970333/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!IkNwBRKR!WI_JYByFpRFzXLx3d1uD2A

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6 - 15/09/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V8
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nAHC7wE7SUU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Ck2 patch when

God save the King.

Odd question, but lets say there was another Crusade around the EU4 starting timeline that was successful (ie capture of Jerusalem and the area of Palestine and Syria), do you think the Crusaders would have tried to reestablished the old states (Jerusalem, Odessa, Tripoli, Antioch, Cicilia etc.) or would they have tried to create a more unified state?

What are some cool alt-his ideas for a vic2 game but aren't completely retarded?

Poor R&I, you stayed up all night just to make sure the thread looks like the way you want it? Listen to some music before you go to bed :)
youtube.com/watch?v=nAHC7wE7SUU

What exactly is the problem? Does the introduction not work properly? Or is it that you don't have anything but the introduction? I do have a few ideas (Putting Perry in charge of the company, Perry proclaiming himself Shogun, alternative Japanese civil war) for the Japanese company and maybe I could cook up some events if you gave me the unfinished version of the mod, but if you don't want to release the unfinished version, that's fine.

Best alt-his mods are ones that come from Mega Campaigns

My only gripe with Divergences is that it's PDM, otherwise it's solid alt-history.

It wouldn't be unified because sorting the ownership of the land would be very messy, as different Crusading factions would lay claim.

Plus you'd have factions like the Knights Hospitaller and Cyprus demanding the Pope acknowledge their claim to land. It'd be a big messy patchwork even more complex than the rather simple fiefdom's of the 1st-2nd Crusades

Any crusade in EU4 would be for greece. Who and how would rule the resulting lands depends on political acument of the ruling basileus.

Do you have any non-meme criticism for PDM? Because all I ever heard from people is horsefactories !!!111

Is "Caribeno" white?

the Drakia thing or whatever its called in South Africa

PDM adds a bunch of resources the AI isn't very good at dealing with. Also, it adds a bunch of bloaty shit that slows down the game. It's bad, but not unplayable, and I'm willing to tolerate it for Divergences.

Nothing man, I just need ideas, all he made was this event. Don't worry about it, I don't want to add it to the next version, so there is more than enough time to come up with something.

Do you guys have any flag or name ideas for Greek Sicily?

Did they fix disease occurrence rates yet?

More patchwork of states, but if defense is maintained, they would try to unify into one eventually, I think.

Are you referring to Divergances? Yes. The Spanish wewuz all fall under Afro-Latino.

I've found the AI doing better with resources lately, but maybe it's just me. I like the resources, and moreover, they actually make it viable to have goods because there is more than one way to arrive at say, canned food.

'Grickle' the flag is Julius Caesar head

It's been a while since I've played EUIV, and I've been craving some colonialism, genocide and nationbuilding, so it's that time. I just need a couple of questions answered, please

Are there any good mods that one should use? I've no interest in thetwo big overhauls since they just want to be feudalism simulators, but maybe some mods that improve ideas, or flavour events and decisions, or something else

Is Mare Nostrum good? I like the idea of condottieri (I think), but does it even add anything else? And do condottieri even work?

Who should I play as? I was thinking of going either Milan, Tuscany or an OPM into Italy, or maybe play as Moscow and create a big beautiful blob and just prepare for 18th century revolution

Alright, glad to see the progress and I hope to see a release soon. If you need any help with the localisation I can do some writing, although it might not me a good idea to mix different writing styles. Once the time comes, I'll provide you with ideas and I'm sure I won't be alone.

I'm remaking Byzantium what should be my primary and accepted pops?

Greek and Armenian

Conquered and Burnt

turkish

Turkish and Mongolian

Prussian

Dacian and Gaul

This and Aromanian

What do you mean by "remaking?"

Good morning gsg, we're back again to continue our andalusian adventures.

Speaking of which, we've been better.

Please respond

>half the mongols just feudalised
>they took a random patchwork of provinces with them
This is some border gore
This is horrifying

>gsg

>chain reaction
>ansbach in persia

oh haha it's the reddit avatar look at that xD

I know right? I'm a comedic genious, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow for more of my witty jokes and memes ;)

Good night /gsg/

good night based /GSG/ comedy man :)

Make it stop

Should I teach myself how to play EUIV or CKII? Which will I get more fun out of in the long run?

delet pls

Ck2 if you like managing characters Eu4 if you like paining maps. In a vacuum CK2 is better, but it depends on your own preferences greatly.

CKII has the best mods desu

The vile knights of calatrava are driven from Al-Andalus. With Leon and Aragon still at war, Iberia is ripe for the picking.

I carefuly secured that I will inherit Bulgaria and Wallachia, but then they both exploded into dozens of independent counties and both titles now have no holders. At the very least I still have a claim to Wallachia. Is there a way to help one of those cunts to unite it, so I can asasinate him while his heirt is stilla baby and steal it or am I fucked?

The time has come, and so have I.

Please help /gsg/, you're my only hope

You better fucking use this as an OP pic today you fucking faggotniggers

Glorious. It will take a while to rid myself of the christian vassals, but it was worth it.

good post, reddit

Cyprus, then work towards forming the Kingdom of Jerusalem, then work towards turning it into a constitutional secular Empire.

Sounds good

Any mod recommendations? What about Mare Nostrum?

nice try steamcord

I did mine vanilla, I guess just look for some extra flavor mods if you want a bit of a shake up

Is there a HIP version with India?

>Are there any good mods that one should use?
Default map's ugly, it's worth getting either TBRAW or Flatmap
>Is Mare Nostrum good?
It's forgettable.
>I like the idea of condottieri (I think), but does it even add anything else?
I don't remember.
>And do condottieri even work?
AI will only use them if you ramp up difficulty above normal. But it does make a decent use of them if you do.

Is Political Machine 2016 a gsg?

No.

Is there a way to make Indian nations display the name of the kingdom/empire on the map instead of the dynasty name? I'm the emprah of Bengal, and it never stops saying Pala.

Guess I could just rename my dynasty, but that feels weird.

Yeah.

There is quite a bit of resistance this time round, but no matter. Our armies are great and god is on our side.

The caliphate is restored.

Abdul takes the throne at a mere 14 years old. May his reign be a blessed one.

Go on and impress me, worm.

The Muslim Invasion CB is OP as fuck.

>banu abbad
>comparable to 1250 granadan county start

Anyway, we have some traitor issues.

Who cares where you start, even a single province count is just a couple of dozens of years until you start blobbing like a normal duchy.

It's like my memes are coming to life.

Conquered egypt for me mum. I'll give it to some distant relative.

This was once a mongol empire.

Is that HIP that changes your map like that? I like the look of it, but I don't really want all the extra stuff HIP adds

Reminder that Indians are white and based.

Very true

SWMH mod

Yeah, it's HIP, or a part of it anyway. You can turn parts of the mod on/off during the installation, but I'm not sure whether the parts you'd want off are in the same mod as the map.

We've become a bit decadent. Oops.

>tengri empire of Herakleia in Austria

>England partitioned between Ireland and Scotland
>southern France is Irish
>Hungarian ERE
>OPM nomadic horde in Nice
wtf is going on this game

Whenever I try to launch either VeF or Mayo in Texas, the game crashes at loading flags. What's the problem?

Glory to us, and time to invade aragon!

I want to do a heavenly kingdom playthrough

Hardest playthrough ive done so far is punjab

Am I in for some assrape? Can i get any tips?

Want to restore Persia in HIP.

Should I do it as a proper Zoroastrian, or a Manichean?

I feel like converting this would yield some interesting results.

shitposting loser

I like that Anatolia, but Jesus Fucking Christ those British Isles and France look hideous

You're trying to play bad mods

They both just want to be medieval nation simulators which is fucking retarded given we have CK2

Shia Muslim

What's the point of even forming Greece? Getting free basetax and free claims for when you form the superior Byzantium? And I don't mean superior in a Byzantophile way. I mean that their events and ideas are just simply better.

I think it would be nice if we had a EU4-CK2 merge. Both games have much to give to each other, and time periods aren't THAT different for 80% of the timespan. But trying to turn EU4 into CK2 via modding is, indeed, misguided.

Hearts Of Iron 4 is the greatest game ever made, prove me wrong.

protip: you can't

Do i get a cut or do capitalist get all the money from the factories in vic2 ?

*draws arrows*
Hehe....nothin personnel....kid
Ever heard of taxes?

Byzantophilia is a facinating phenomenon. It created a counter-culture without a catchy name. Greece exists to represent hellenic identity revival during rebellions. Decision to form greece exists to allow that counter culture to not form byz.

What if there are no capitalists?
Who gets the money then?

THE WORKERS!

What if there are no workers?

Then the factory doesn't make any money because it has no one in it.