/ccg/ - classic car general

Checked the catalog and nada, did we stop having these?

Post away bros, I haven't heard from y'all in a while.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/sytricka/wsg-running-in-the-90s-vaporwave
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anyway, here's my car. Just got it back from the glass guy... Time for headers.

Good photo

Thanks breh. Turns out my phone can shoot DNGs. Who knew?

Here's another. Visited my grandparents in Malaysia and spotted this sweet Nissan.

If you owned a suitable classic, would you consider renting it out as a wedding car to make back the running costs?

Apparently where I live the non-commercial restriction of historic plates only comes into effect when you're exceeding the running costs, and occasional "car sharing" is covered by your regular insurance if it doesn't exceed so and so many days a year as opposed to having to have an expensive rental car service insurance.

I guess so. It depends on the money, you'd have to baby a car for it to be nice enough to use for those purposes, not sure I'd want other people to drive such a car

And you never know if some dumbass might've had too much to drink on his wedding day

Dad had one of these, sold it. He used to buy and fix Volvo's, when not working construction (winter).

Love those cars, the interiors are fantastic too

>called a guy about 74 Gran Torino
>sitting around waiting for him to call back
fuck me this hurts

stay strong brother

He called right after i posted fuck..
now i gotta wheel and deeal.

post some pictures/info please i'm looking to buy a Torino soon I want a 72 but they seem to be the most desired year so it might push them out of my budget

No go away it's mine

Who /componenthifi/ here?

Just installed dem Pioneers for my W123, KEX-63 radio, KP-717 cassette player, CD-5 EQ and GM-4 2ch amp (need another, running 4 speakers atm. with one amp). Some minor adjustment and hiding the wires and i'm done.

Yes they have aux-in and they are 100% period correct.

What the fuck dis nigga fucking buildin Astrix tracks while driving to mcdonalds lmao

80's was helluva drug, pic related, Clarion G80 -set in W126

>mfw in high school I started building my own hifi car stereo setup, with a 10 band EQ, 200W class B amps per channel, massive power supply, and a mini computer with a 500GB hard drive for music and never got around to finishing it.

At this point it's like why bother? I could stick that much music on a phone now and plug in an aux cable. One day I'll finish it... I can build the circuits but I never did figure out how to make a headunit that didn't look like a pile of trash, especially with all the shit I tried to jam into it.

I like the rackmount handles

>putting off a project for so long that your parts/vision become obsolete
Iktfb

So I met the owner of these puppy. Pics will follow later, went to a badass Chevy event at bandimere yesterday.

Badass

Sitting in airport purgatory with both a delayed departing and connecting flight. Dumping some pictures from Saturday's cruise along Highway 8 from Spence's Bridge to Merritt. Working abroad for the last couple of weeks has sucked but man does it feel good to hit the road when I get home after not driving for a week.

Beautiful communities along Highway 8, one of the many areas around here that I'd love to live.

Yay for blogging

Bitching ranchero. 64?

Yes. Though I think the grill is from a 65

Sounds about right. The side moulding have it away. What small block?

289 with ported stock heads

Nice valve covers

thanks mang. got them off a 5.0 along with the cool bolts with studs that hold the spark plug wires.

Ain't nothing wrong with zip ties Mang.

I'm probably going to go with gt40s when I start building a Windsor

>you will never DD a Cherry red 57 ElDorado to school in 1978 turning you from total dweeb into a badass
why live

>tfw
That's not even as bad as knowing that muscle cars and working on cars in general will never be as cool as 30 years ago

Most girls are straight up disgusted by old cars. Mine only ever really gets attention from middle aged men

Le born in the wrong era faec. On the bright side I picked this up for $4

I think I've found the reason why my 350 is blowin smoke

>put oil in
>pillar of blue smoke out the exhaust
Looked like a fog machine.

It always smoked on WOT I just never knew why, but changing the oil and blowing smoke like it did made me think its the valve seals.
>really makes u think...

>tfw we'll never reach meme status and we'll forever be a cozy regular thread
I wish we had more people around though, I don't really care if its some nipshit shitbox from the 80's at this point.

Saved that pic, 10/10.

Actually makes me want to go take some night shots.

This one too, I really like the composition and the lighting. Just a cool shot, the beige/red gate matching the car, the bluish white tint in the garage by the Jet Turbo sign.

4 5 4

also damn that paint job looks great

>bump

Thanks senpai

I'm going to go over it again before the winter, fill in all the dings and shit.

>454
Probably would get a 383 stroker instead desu.

Why are plymouth Furys so cheap compared to A-body mopars?

Drove the GN up to LA this weekend because I just got her back from the shop. Vacuum brake conversion done, new plugs, wires, a Walbro 255 pump, and a new TT chip. She's running so much better now.

Downside is my trans is slipping like a bitch...

It is probably 4l60 time famalam

>Swapping out the 200-4R
"no"

>Wanting a 200r4
>Not a built 4l70
>Or going for a th400
Literally y tho

I saw this Ferrari 330 driving down the highway last week.

>think 70's boxy wagons are cool as shit
>they'll all be scrapped and recycled into soda cans by the time I'm done with my current project

we didn't stop having them. you're just the chosen one who started the thread

BOW DOWN TO MASTER

this is spotted? looks like a completely fabricated photoshoot. truely amazing spot!

Bumping and reposting some gold an user made on /wsg/ soundcloud.com/sytricka/wsg-running-in-the-90s-vaporwave

Spotted pic related at HD in the Woodlands, TX a few weeks ago. The jeep is my DD

>tfw so close to my project car being drivable
I should really rebuild the engine but I can get by on new brakes, fluids, and some electrical work so I can pass inspection. Need to fix the wipers and wire up speakers/radio (they were removed at some point) but wiring is kind of a pain. How much do you guys think it would cost me to have done in central Texas?

Thanks dude. I love visiting my grandparents. My granddad is a British guy from the colonial days, switched to Malaysian citizenship. Port Dickson is like a time warp to the 1970s.

Will the 1999 - 2004 mustangs ever be considered classics?

I've got one and don't know how much I should customize it. I know the corvette rule is 20 years so.

We have basically the same truck but mines a GMC and it's in shit condition

It's like the fox body, special editions like the cobra and bullitt maybe, but the rest not really. Also modular is kind of hard to get n/a power from

They're haunted

Beautiful mint bumpside showed up at work

My grandfather's 1937 Chrysler Airflow.
The interior is the size of a small apartment.

Kit Kat pls there have been so many times where you show your knowledge and I commend you for it but when it comes to transmissions, you obviously fall for all the maymays. Do some research before commenting.

Speaking of trannys I don't know jack about them

There's a guy in my city selling this, comes w bell, could probably get it for ~180

He doesn't know what it came from and I have no clue how to identify bell patterns. Adapters are like $300 so it wouldn't be worth it. Aren't most of the old chevys pretty compatible?

>mfw

Tru. I only really know ferd shit

I plan on Ls swapping it

Let me guess, metric socket that sorta fit on SAE bolt

No idea, I didn't do it.

>Not swapping a built aluminum block 460 it's like you enjoy having disposable income

Jeepbro here.

The spray on plastic clear coat is still holding up good a few months later. It's been sitting in the yard not being washed and still looks great. Have not decided if I want to do the whole jeep yet. I'll peel most of it off here in the next month and leave a patch to see what it does if I leave it on indefinately. Water still beads up on the surface after a rain, I like that.

Rest of the Jeep is still sitting as it was a couple months ago, working on a different project right now.

That fender is pretty damn cool

>pull car out of garage
>5x5 pool of oil on the garage floor
hahahaha oh fuck

I'm hoping it will be a lot cooler in a couple months when it's attached to the rest of the vehicle. Thanks though, I think so too.

so today I am bringing my truck to the dragstrip to get a baseline for the ford. any predictions on e/t?

Depends if it's an affordable car i can replace fairly easily

Its probably got a 300? Maybe does quarters in 30.

m8 did you get a car in china yet?

300, C6 auto, dana 60 with 4.11. A very tired bone stock single barrel 300 though

>Dana 60

Getting a quote for some whitewalls since mine are dryrotted to fuck, waiting for the shop to email me back. Here's hoping it's less than $1,000.

I also talked to a guy who knows how to make Olds engines not-shit, and he said setting the timing to 18 should give me more power and MPG, any techbros here that can confirm? I've never done anything that heavy on an engine before and I don't even know where to start

Hi :)

I already left, but i do have a 308GTS in storage

Oh shit it has 4.11 gears. Yep, very slow. Will drive up a wall but aint gonna do it fast.

what is the meme arrows for

that's a badass wagon.

timing sounds about right, they retard the fuck out of them for emissions from the factory I think, though I could be wrong.

nice. you back in coconut land? also I bought a bitching acura. did you bring your waifu with you?

I think it has 4.11. from what I have been able to research on the forums, that sounds about right for a 65 f250 with that code. but yeah it screams on the highway, I did get a new top speed recently though at 81 mph. took forever to get there.

australia
yes

>tfw I got to talk about drag racing with larry larson
I can die happy

you buy a VL, cunt?

i've got a dodgy skyline and an elgrand for carrying baby around
want to get a xr6t

as long as you can tsu tsu I guess it is alright.

Galaxiefag here.

I've got the wiring harness down to a manageable size. Just chop chop choperoo'd most of the dash idiot lights. I'm also just going to wire the dash lights themselves to the headlight switch directly.

The wiring harness on this thing... sweet baby Jesus. some ignition wires were leading into the headlight switch and vice versa. It was the most complicated, tangled up electrical system I've ever dealt with on a car. For some reason the brake light switch lead into the headlight switch instead of just any old fused always hot wire. The ignition switch had about 8 or so different wires leading into and out of it. I've reduced that to 3.

I also need a place to put the new fuse box.

The old wiring harness shorted and almost took my car with it.

Also had a resistor wire which powered the ignition, which I've deleted. Apparently it's a big no-no to run HEI ignition off of an old points resistor ignition wire.

Picking up a toggle switch for ignition and a pack of fuses today and I should be all done with wiring. Once I get some yellow LED replacement bulbs for the dash lights I think I'll be able to put everything back together.

Yeah, points need less that 12 volts, more around 9 so it has a resistor. The hei is all compooper controlled and just wants 12. I imagine it would do some neat shit on the lower voltage.

Weird thing is that I measured it with a multimeter at the solenoid and it was 12.5 volts which lead to the dizzy. I traced the purple resistor wire and it is indeed what was powering the ignition.

Anyone have any experience with basically first gen transistor radios? I'd like to get mine working again, Even if I can't pick up any AM stations around here. It turns on but all it does at certain bands is pick up ignition noise.

Excellent vibe.

still a lot of work to do
just got started

>interior almost empty
>trunk empty
>engine bay sides cleared

time to get it welded back together

>diesel conversion upcoming

just change the capacitors. works almost always.
old electronics are all the same

Ayyy I live in the woodlands. Rarely see it mentioned on the internet.

Depends on if you speak spanish or not. If you do then you can get it done cheap

>update
I ran a 22.9 and didn't break anything

Got this hunk of shit in the garage. Took the front clip off today to facilitate rebuilding the suspension/brakes. Should have engine and tranny sometime late spring/early summer.

what was your reaction time senpai
>inb4 0.5+

>.8
But tbf I was right at the back of the stage

I'll post time slip later

Just spent ~170 on parts for the Dolly. Went with points and condenser this time on the service, I do have an electronic ignition conversion thing, are they hard to fit?

while you're here tell me how much it cost for entry at the strip.

I'm a half retarded newbie to drag racing and Can't seem to find anything on google about it on any strips.

Post more vintage Datsuns senpai.

So I ended up buying this. It's a truck tranny with the granny gear but I'm just itching for a manual. Trans, bellhousing, 2 clutches the flywheel for $100

Was a nice drive to gatesville TX as well. Seller had a 40s Chevy truck can on a turd gen chassis. Cool dude, told him he should watch Roadkill

30 to run as much as you want at a test and tune

Met a new friend today

Just look for your nearest strip, they'll probably have info, it all depends. Its $25 here

>Mopar day
>only one class that is Mopar vs everything else
>$50
>mfw
Yeah nah