2 weeks ago

2 weeks ago

>buy G23 swapped 95 prelude
>fast as fuck, ready for boost
>turbo ordered, everything is in line
>parts all ordered for repaint and valve cover gasket just redone
>go to bro's house who I bought it from, it was his baby, planned on just giving it back to him once he was more financially stable
>kid is over who always talks about the cars he's worked on, all of that shit
>ok bro, just undo the oil pain drain bolt and we're good to swap the gasket
>he gets under, we go inside
>tells us the drain plug is stripped, it broke loose but just kept spinning, so he got it to a tight spot and put gasket sealer on it
>drive home, think nothing is amiss
>click click clack clack clack lifter noise everywhere, car looses at least half its horse power, any climb in RPM's and extreme lifter noise
>car dies on side of road before I can even cut the engine or register what's happening
>tow it back, drop oil pan

The kid couldn't get the bolt loose, so he used a breaker bar and was torquing it the wrong way, he actually snapped the welding off on the inside of the pan, and just stuck fucking gasket sealer on it. sucked it into my oil pump, destroyed the bearings

Well Veeky Forums, that was a fun 4 days that I owned that car. Should I order a new engine for $750 to at least make it driveable again? Anyone know if you can buy F22B blocks for cheap anywhere, or should I just order a new engine? We haven't even gotten to the bearings, but considering the oil pan was 1/4 full of bearings.. I'm thinking the engine is fucking toast.

Moral of the story, don't let retards touch your car.

If real that sucks balls, also
>Ford prelude

it is fucking real.

The kid is a total piece of shit. If he'd told us what happened, we would've immediately dropped the pan and just replaced it.

He's being such a piece of shit, that we had to hold his and this dads tools hostage, because he's refusing to do anything. Completely unrelated, but he broke some shit in my buddies home while drunk, and refused to be accountable for it.

Fucking asshole. I think I'm going to just have to return everything, pull the h23 head, hope it's not grenaded, and then buy a new engine for $750 bucks. At least the studs for the turbo are salvageable.

The shit part is that my buddy spent about $8,000 over 4 years, making $10 an hour with the help of a career mechanic, building everything and getting it ready for the turbo.

He just hit a bad luck string, so I was basically paid him $3,500 to help him out, and under the agreement that I'd turbo it and enjoy it, then just sell it back to him once he's more stable financially.

So, he fucking cried when he realized what happened, because now we basically have a prelude shell.

>>fast as fuck, ready for boost

lol ricer delusions

maybe you shouldn't let retards who don't know anything work on your car

Nope, not even a ricer exhaust, just a fun, quick car with AC.

Might as well have spent the cash LS'ing a 240SX.

Does this make you feel good? Do you feel superior? It was a fucking oil pan bolt. The guy never, ever showed any signs of being full of shit.

Loosening an oil pan bolt is not working on a fucking car. It's a god damn bolt.

you let somebody with no credentials destroy your car
dont take it out on me moron

>baiting
>being a bitch
Alright pal.

>ad hominem
wont save your engine

>ad hominem

I hope you're trolling me.

Stating the obvious while ignoring situational evidence makes you look like a fuck tard.

At least I still have the Supra.

Maybe I should let him do all the fab work for the turbo on the supra

kek.

All I wanted was AC, I could've just bought an M4, but nooooo, I had to help a nigga out.

RIP 95 Prelude.

$750 isn't bad for an engine though. Doesn't take much to swap it out.

Yea fuck up the supra too

Why don't you just make him pay for the damage he's done? If he's a mechanic, threaten him that you'll go to the place he works in and tell his boss what happened. If he's a parent leecher, blackmail him with demanding cash from his parents. I don't know how much 750 bucks is in US, but I could pay all my expenses for 2 months with that. That shit doesn't fly. Or even hold his car hostage. This shit isn't cool, but necesary. It's ok to fuck up, but it's not ok to put hands in air and refuse to take responsibility.

As for the car, your friend can always swap in the original engine and have it as a daily driver.

>give permission to some nobody retard who merely talked about cars to work on your car
>black mail him
>hold his car hostage
are you some kind of retard as well? this dude fucked up and its entirely in his hands, who in the fuck would let a random person get anywhere near their car with tools.

No one who owns a supra would call an N/A Honda "fast as fuck", nevertheless touch a Honda. You can stop lying now.

>accept to do a job
>fuck up royally
>take no responsibility
Are you a liberal? He just had to come clean with what happened and no damage would've been done.

Makes him an asshole, not legally liable for anything. OP learned his lesson about trusting strangers. He should just be thankful a Prelude was involved rather than a panel van.

gg no re op. you are just as stupid as the kid.

No, he isn't a mechanic. The guy who owned it was a mechanic. The dude who owned it immediately fucking knew what happened when he pulled the oil pan.

The person wasn't random, he was in our friend group for over a year. We're all car enthusiasts, and the kids brother is an actual mechanic. We didn't figure out he was full of shit until this happened. Otherwise seemed like a completely normal, trustworthy dude. It's a fucking oil pan bolt.

Also, not bothering to hit reply to other people. Fast as fuck for a little honda is what I meant. I grew up driving a 65 c10 with a 383 stroker, and have ridden in some very fast cars.

Trust me, the honda isn't beating any sports car, but it was enjoyable in comparison to the regular econoboxes I'd been stuck driving for a bit.

Nope pretty sure you said 'fast as fuck' implying you thought the Honda was fast as fuck. Drop the act.

why were you stuck driving regular econoboxes if you had your big bad supra youre so proud of?

Dude wasn't even a complete stranger, was well established in our friend group which is full of enthusiasts. He was vouched for as being handy with a wrench. It was a fucking oil pan bolt, I mean, come the fuck on.

Jesus, you guys get riled up over a $750 fix. The kids an asshole, I'm not.

Kid should own up and take responsibility for his fuck up. As far as I'm concerned, he owes me a new engine, and that's that.

Now, if I'd been the one undoing the bolt, I would've just dropped the fucking pan and had it tapped. He took a breaker bar because he was literally twisting it the wrong way.

Jesus, it's not my fault some kid lied. Said it came loose, no problem, just that the threads seemed stripped. We only found out afterwards what he really did.
Sucks, but at least it's only $750 for the new engine.

>you guys get riled up
havent you made about 6 paragraphs of justifications for giving people free reign over your car?

You're posting anime responses and trying to bait.

You are literally a faggot.

The Supra isn't big and bad, it's an old supra that runs.

you're retarded.

If a friend said he made any mistake remotely relative to my car, I would at the very minimum: look at it.

That is why you are retarded.

It's your fault for letting a kid fuck up your car lmao

>trying to bait
>after he tries to justify fucking up royally with his own car for over 2 hours
yeah, 'trying'.

Ah so you're actually poor? No wonder you call a Honda "fast"

>Fast as fuck for a little honda is what I meant. I grew up driving a 65 c10 with a 383 stroker, and have ridden in some very fast cars.

Said he thought the Honda was slow by referring to the Supra, says the supra is just a bag of dust that "runs"

Just get out of here OP, you will get no sympathy and everyone knows you're a retard. This isn't the board for you.

>someone fucks your shit up
>they refuse to pay for it
>OH WELL GUYS GUESS ILL PAY FOR IT

is this the true american way?

you can't force someone to pay for your shit if they aren't licensed, use your brain for half a second.

cuck

no u :3

Honda makes several things that will shred your dd

Obviously not your grenaded Prelude

>buy a car with an engine swap
>letting someone else work on it
You earned this faggot.

Why when he said he had a problem did you not look at it? Op dun goofed and went full shitbag on idiots who just wanted to help.

>ctrl f: ford
>yours is the first mention of ford
Wat?

>implying I own a prelude
Nah

>ok bro, just undo the oil pain drain bolt and we're good to swap the gasket
What gasket and why?

pretty much this. never buy someone elses project if you aren't going to be willing to do everything over again, and by yourself

>letting anyone but yourself or a mechanic you trust work on your car

sucks to suck.

>he gets under, we go inside
Did you have a nice cup of coffee and some conversation?

LS/RWD swap it

>torqued it the wrong way