Alicesoft/Rance General #542
Last thread: Family Edition

FAQ: pastebin.com/SiHaMJ5v
Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/jumUkvv6
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.

Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536

Rance World Notes: mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Remember to use spoilertags when discussing and posting images of plot elements, especially those of untranslated Rance games. Ignore and report any blatant shitposting, including nameshit
Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

Upcoming

Rance 5D, Rance VI (ENG) - Winter, possibly 2016. High resolution, decensored $35 bundle from Mangagamer

Rance X - Announced. Delayed to 2017
Beat Game - Possibly before 2017
Two other games

Just Released

Tsumamigui 3 Extra
sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=2069021

Rance 01 OVA Episode 4
Raws
sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=2057092
Subbed
mega.nz/#!vMdTEbzI!MPOvbZ0pKh669t2GKtEi-fqa8JMu-FfHAXBOVrKu9PY

Recent Releases

Beat Blades Haruka (ENG)
buy from Mangagamer if you want to buy
sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=1949364
Physical Edition out 1th July 2016

Released In Last Year (See FAQ for downloads and info)

January 2016 - Tsumamigui 3 (JAP)
January 2016 - Rance 01 OVA Episode 3 (JAP/ENG)
October 2015 - Blade Briders OVA (JAP)
August 2015 - Rance 03 (JAP)

Up Coming Events
Draw a Helman Weekend starting 8th October (Next Weekend)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YtDa7gu5ogc
sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=2139376
twitter.com/AnonBabble

SR wiki guy here. I seem to have lost a detail. Can you capture any of Masamune's wives WITHOUT winning the battle?

Slick.

I meant I would like to have my penis inside Hibachi.

And rub it in there until my penis milk comes out.

Is this detailed enough?

Please explain further

I'm pretty sure I've never captured them without also winning. Can't you just cheat to see though?

>Can't you just cheat to see though?
I could try to check those files that hacker user gave us, but they're pretty difficult to search.

I don't understand.

From last thread:

>Random reminder that this CG never actually appears in game.
Oh wow, this is actually true.

Also, kinda disappointed. All that scene achieved was that it's convinced me to fap. Time to bust out some lube I've never used before, hopefully it'll be good.

>Also, kinda disappointed. All that scene achieved was that it's convinced me to fap. Time to bust out some lube I've never used before, hopefully it'll be good.
Well fuck. Came in under two minutes, that's probably to blame on the fact that I've not fapped in probably over a month... I should've been more careful.

Yet another shit wank...

>I've not fapped in probably over a month
Unhealthy

>working translation remake
>shizuka user remember
>lia least favorite
>kalar hero
>kanami team
>girl ithere
>kamilla sex
>daiakuji confirmed

Sorry Hannies, just been busy on my end. I do plan to do something soon though.

>Taste Older Things
>Recruit Kamilla

That's a big hat.

but user, that's where pee comes out. You want to pee inside a girl?

>Have you previously fought the wives without reducing their unit count to 0?

I can't quite remember since I've been attempting this for a while now, but I don't think so. Each time I've fought Nogiku/Noir I've wiped the wife's unit.

Noir finally decided to get captured so that's good news, but Nogiku is still resisting arrest.

I haven't made a successful attempt on Omachi yet but I bloody hope she doesn't refuse to turn to stone or something

youtu.be/YtDa7gu5ogc

They do make pretty good toilets

What color girl best?

blue (just because of elizabeth) > red > green > blonde > everything else

Overall it's probably blonde, even though none of my top 3 girls are.

Green are obviously superior.

This guy knows.

sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=2139376

Wake up.

What color girl worst?

If Rance VI doesn't come out today I'm ending it

Godspeed user

Northern Hemisphere's winter officially start on the 21st of December at 5:44AM this year, user.

Eastern Standard Time, in case you really want an exact time when you can start asking for Rance Vi's release.

If in Rance 04, they add they remake the Rance 4.1 and 4.2 games to be a higher quality, I hope that they make Sillbarrel really ugly instead of looking like someone with down syndrome.

I think I remember reading somewhere that in Rance Quest, she gets kidnapped by the AL church and stuffed away in a vault for being a balance breaker by being extraordinarily ugly. If she was shown there, I don't think they'll be able to change her design from how it was in Rance 4.1.

Page 10

That's a cute image. I wonder if someone cast a spell on your staff to turn it into a broom. I don't think she could have done it herself.

I started playing Eiyuu Senki after someone mentioned it was translated last thread. Is there any kind of turn limit in the game? There's a turn counter in the corner and I'm almost at turn 100 and I'm not feeling like there's anything stopping me from wasting 40 turns to get more money to increase my troop size to make the rest of the game trivial.

Eiyuu Senki is piss-easy after all

4.x isn't connected to IV due to taking place in the entirely different place and having a different set of people being around. It's best chance to be remade is if they will decide to make the missing year game and will include it within.

I was having trouble until I realized that I had like 700 units per character and the enemies has like 1700. SR has taught me that increasing your troop count is counter productive as the enemy rubber-bands, so it took me a little to realize that the bigger army wins. Still not sure if I have to wait until the end of the game to win against Babylon as after it booted me out, the exact same cutscene played the second time I tried attacking them.

Honestly, they could probably show some stills during the ending of the credits of Rance 04 that summaries Rance 4.1 and 4.2 without any text and it would probably be enough to bring that up to speed.

Who cares about troop counts?

Huh, that's a lot of sacrifices. Also, I didn't think that Eiyuu Senki had any dungeons. I'm not sure if I'm doing events wrong. I am destroying any country I'm fighting against and when no one will attack me, then I spam all my commanders at events to get their abilities and items for events. The abilities where a commander affects other commanders based on where they are on the grid is a pretty neat feature, but it seemed to have showed up really late in the game for some reason.

That's from Gold, and yes, it's a lot of sacrifices. Also a stupid gimmick fight.

What the hell is this? I remember some monster that looked like a giant blue head, and he was tough as nails. Took me literally everything I could to to beat him. And I don't remember anything like on your picture.

Eiyuu Senki Gold, 6th floor of Shambala on hard I think.

>Unhealthy
If memory serves, that's at best debatable.

Is Gold translated or it's something like an interface patch?

Interface only

>Each time I've fought Nogiku/Noir I've wiped the wife's unit.
Odd, did you also win the battle? In my experience, if during the first battle against a wife, you reduce the wife's troop count down to 0 and win the battle against them, you should always cap them, provided that you've not missed some requirement for capping that wife.

>I haven't made a successful attempt on Omachi yet but I bloody hope she doesn't refuse to turn to stone or something
Oh user, so innocent.

why is souun so strouung?

It's the power of love.

>why is souun so strouung?
All-Guard Shiki+high spd.

Also special virgin powers, he's wizard tier by now, right?

Wait, is it Eiyuu Senki really Translated?

Yes. Non-GOLD one.

Yes, mostly. They apparently just ripped the text from the PS3 port and someone translated most of the dialogue from the H-scenes. There are apparently 15 H-scenes that haven't been translated with the current version of the translation, which seems like a lot because at the start it takes hours to get a single H scene.

I just saw that the H-scenes aren't translated, I'm having second thoughts about playing it, can you convince me, user?

They've been almost translated since then. And it's not like reading is required to enjoy H-scenes. In GOLD they're even voiced, you don't need any text whatsoever.

Thanks anons, I'll play it when I finish Daibanchou.

Yes since someone ported the PS3 translation to PC.

Guys, last question, if I install the ES 1.6 translation patch to the already translated game with the 1.3.2 patch, does it cause any trouble?

That, I'm not sure. From memory, you just dump folders in the game folder, so I think you'll just replace the 1.3.2 files with the 1.6 files, but I'm not 100% sure.

So does Eiyuu Senki have a limited amount of turns or is the turn counter just for show?

Yeah I won the battles as well. Hard not to with Natori+Seigan cutting them down.

I'll keep trying and see how long it takes to sort itself out.

Literally just for show.

Oh. I thought it might have been for post game bonuses like in SR or something.

Nope. Eiyuu's gameplay is not even remotely nearly as deep as Sengoku's. Every character is recrutied, events have no limitation beyond order and having the characters required, there is no drawback in spending 100 turns doing money, and there is no replayablity.
Paths for conquest are also always almost exactyl the same with no variation because it is designed to be conquered at a specific order.

Is there just one ending?

Yes. I got 100% CGs on my first and last playthrough.
Don't get me wrong. It's an okay game overall, but comparing to Sengoku is like an insult. They're not even on the same league.

What kind of gameplay do you want X to have. RPG like VI, tactical rpg like IX, or full on Sengoku/kichikuou. Its a hard choice because any of them can be really good. They could do different types of gameplay as you go into different stages of the game.

They already told us it's more of an RPG than an "simulation" (what they call IX system), And it isn't an area conquest like SR/KR.

Is that so? I was kind of hoping that it would be like in Little King's Story and you throw your team at the enemies and call them back before the enemies attack to avoid damage.

Oh, well thats cool. The RPG games usually have a better story.

RPG like VI.

I've only played Rance VI until you beat the first boss, but I feel from what I've played of it that Rance VI is the only first person dungeon crawler that doesn't make me want to pull out my hair because the walls aren't all the same colour, the story isn't shit (at least from what I've seen of Arunaru's stream way back when) and the combat is satisfying. Seriously, why do most dungeon crawlers only have opening dialogue and dialogue at the end. I recently played Bunny Black for a third time, this time from a fresh file and the whole gameplay got on my nerves. Here's hoping that Rance VI doesn't fall for the same trap of having invisible warp traps, samey textures, etc...

>that disgusting squat
the entire base of your foot should be flatly on the ground
doing otherwise damages your feet and legs

Huh, you're right. She either has prosthetic metalic feet or the artist fucked up a little. Still a nice picture through ignoring that.

I cant squat the eastern european way, Feels Bad

Japan sucks ass at tactical games, better to keep it closer to VI.

Just hoping the larger cast doesn't cause character building/progression to be generalized like in Quest.

I liked Disgaea.

Only played the first one. Story was fun, but I felt like the mechanics made it feel like a puzzle game, where each encounter could be cheesed once you figured it out, and in more or less the same way each time. Also, every map has the standard "defeat all combatants" objective, which is a lot of wasted potential.

Out of curiosity, what other objectives have you ssen in tactical games? The only ones I can think of is defeat the boss, survive for X amount of turns, get to X location before Y turns.

No it's not

Everybody sucks ass at tactical games to be fair

Don't die.

Does Rance VI get to Words Worth level of pointless map completion later in the game or does it stay relatively clean (no map made of tight corridors with one way paths, teleport traps, darkness traps, etc...)? I'm just curious at how much I'll like Rance VI once it comes out as I have a poor history with first person dungeon crawler games.

True, but I wish they didn't.

I don't see how you could have a large cast and have every character be unique and not have redundancy. The only way to allow worse characters in is an action or SP system or some utility and lots of characters are bound to be pretty similar. The bigger the cast the more it'd have to be more generalized.

How many mages know white destruction beam?

They made such a big deal about Shizuka learning to use 白色破壊光線 in VI and then I barely ever used it because it takes too long to charge.

Tsuma 3 or Oyako Rankan?

It's hard for me to tell whether I prefer Aster or Rance as a main character. Rance is certainly more interesting and often more funny, but I enjoy Aster's H scenes more and the lack of attempted rape honestly makes a meaningful difference in the story. Going off Rance 01 anyway. An example is their respective relationships with the "level up" shop lady - in Rance, he tries to rape her and she nearly kills him while talking about how stunned she is that he would try to attack her like that. In Evencile, she takes lewd photos of herself to encourage Aster on since she wants to motivate him to do his best. Now, I'm certainly not queasy when it comes to rape, but in the case of just having a nice RPG experience I gotta hand it to Aster setting a more enjoyable atmosphere throughout the game. When I first played Evenicle, I thought "how boring, Rance is far more interesting" but now I really appreciate the different tone Aster sets, and I enjoy it more than Rance's, although both have their place and make for good RPGs.

>recruit kamilla
>kamilla sex
>pastel scene sex

Oyako Rankan

It has pitfall traps

Rance is the more interesting and developed character for sure, but Evenicle is the better game with better heroines, and I feel a lot of the reason behind that is the girls get more of a chance to shine when they're all in a loving relationship.

Really? I'd say that bar the main exception Rance has better heroines.

Its just that the relationship development happens over the course of the series rather than one game.

Same thing possibly with Rance and Aster. I'm not sure if this user has played all the Rance games

Though my feel when I completed Evenicle (which I loved) was that it really needs a sequel to finish off not only the setting but Aster's growth as a character

I'll give you better game, at least as far as most Rance games are concerned but better heroines? Some girls have gotten so much development across the 9 games I really struggle to think how Aster's wifes can compete as heroines. Most Rance important heroines have had like 3 games worth of development.

He is going by Rance 01.

So its really just comparing with Sill