Are there any major manufacturers that still do 5v heads anymore or has everybody pretty much settled on 4?

Are there any major manufacturers that still do 5v heads anymore or has everybody pretty much settled on 4?

Audi/VW seems to of given up on them, the 1st gen 2.0t 16v head outflows the 1.8t 20v head (The big port AEB one).

Apparently, if you believe John L. Lumley, the optimum valve arrangement is 1 intake, and 2 exhaust.

No idea about who makes a 5 valve head. But I think the chamber shape is pretty badly compromised, something about the squish being shit and poor combustion as a result.

did yamaha give up?
i thought they loved them

Audi/VW used to make a 5 valve head. You's find it in 1.8L Turbo versions of the MK4 VW Jetta and Golf, VW New Beetle, and Audi A4

>Apparently, if you believe John L. Lumley, the optimum valve arrangement is 1 intake, and 2 exhaust.
3V 4.6 Mod anyone?

They did, but nobody else loved the emissions.

4v heads exist for the Modular, good luck finding some though.

What a fat turd. They could've at least put it in the background to have the perspective take care of it.

Toyota made 2 20V 4AGEs but they were JDM only

But they don't even make the A-series anymore.

That's not how marketing works.

They did, 69's re fat pieces of shit

except the old Mustang in the photo is a 1966 Shelby GT-H. before they became fat piles of shit.

That's not the point, anons ITT already pointed out Audi made 5v/cyl heads and they don't make them anymore either

actually, it is right on point because op asked:
>"Are there any major manufacturers that still do 5v heads anymore...?"

Then why didn't you get all autism on the faggots talking about Audi? Fuck off

well John L. Lumley is a fucking dumbass

Because he explicitly said
>Audi/VW seems to of given up on them

Ferrari 355, F50 and 333SP were all 5v

Ferrari is irrelevant

>don't speak to me or my son ever again

*Boyfriend's son

hat do you mean, settled? They aren't inherently superior

Tfw still driving 20v i4 daily

Those have 2 intake, 1 exhaust. The piston can push air out more effectively than it draws it in. That's why intake valves are usually bigger

>hat do you mean, settled?

The simple fact that almost every new car is DOHC 4v/cyl.