/dbdg/ - Dead by Daylight General

Tremendously Gay Dwight Edition

Previous Thread >What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them

>Sounds like evolve
It's not. Survivors have to avoid the killer at all costs, whereas the killer has to hunt for them. Everyone has their own objective.

>General info
Pastebin with most questions asked: pastebin.com/DDddy4uE
Pastebin with all of the values (perks/items/whatnot): pastebin.com/vCh6gxR6
Wiki: deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki
Saved game with everything unlocked or whatever: mediafire.com/download/3qmzt3ok3p47xqw/TakeTHATsociety.profje

>Official site
deadbydaylight.com/

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (v1.1.1b)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/359547436764977226/

>Report hackers
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/358415206087328621/

>Report bugs
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/7/

Other urls found in this thread:

deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Addons
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/350543389018193776/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for shit OP

>Survivors have to avoid the killer at all costs

lol

>didn't try to get dwight to wear the birthday hat
shit OP edition

Remember: safety first, killers!

Almost got a safety pip

I bet it I broke some of those pallets they dropped I would have had enough.

Realization
The in game lore says that every time a survivor is sacrificed, they're revived with a bit of their soul lost. The entity feeds off their hope of escape. The journal implys that maybe the killers were once survivors themselves.

The grim truth is quite the opposite. Killers lose hope of killing survivors the further they progress until they turn into the cancer themselves they've been trying to kill. You can tell how much hope they have left based on their rank. (20=good. 1=All hope lost)

I see what you're doing Sloppy. Don't break completely though.

If you turn the game off and restart your computer EAC will ban you now.

proof?

>Cheating bloodpoitns still leaves you untouched

I fucking love how much a trainwreck this game is

And you can still use the savefiles with everything unlocked and revert to a backup for infinite moris or whatever

Just see for yourself :^)

you can? when I tried it it didn't work. how?

I should stop hooking people in the basement. It's kinda scary down there.

new to this general, who is sloppy joe and why does he always post pics of his aftergame?

get good

Not sure who I should level up next. Balanced landing might come in handy on Asylum and Coal Tower.

I'm gonna go with Nea.

>the scandinavian junkie
you could at least have picked Dwight, with the best teachables in the game

Already done

yeah, at 40. There's 10 more levels to go, sucker.

I will when I get her teachables. Dwight with balance landing and prove thyself will be unstoppable.

You should take No one left behind for that juicy fun pip, since 70% of the game is post-gen retarded basement rescues

At least you didn't beeline to self-heal. You might even feel a tickle of worry every now and then while playing.

It's always got a cooldown of 60 seconds and only reduces stumble by 75% at max rank...

did they fix the anticheat bullshit or what

or did it fix itself or what

but speedboost

2 seconds, and you stumble for part of it's 2 second duration so it's more like 1.5 seconds. on a 50% longer cooldown than sprint burst. I was trying to use it to try to justify it before i prestiged but since the only time the speed boost would help is in a chase and every time I was in a chase and got that speedboost and it helped 0 because of how Killer movement and landing works I'm inclined to hate the perk now. It's better than Deja Vu though.

I mean maybe if you're already a mile ahead of the killer it'll help, but in that case you can just hide like normal and not waste the perk slot.

So many perks in this game are useless in actual practice, killer and survivor side.

>did they fix
no

I'm still gonna put it on my Sanic Meg alongside sprint burst, lightweight and hope. Just gotta farm for it first. Good luck catching be me! :^)

I know it's not gonna be too good but I want to give it a go

With the game as it is survivors have a lot more room to experiment with builds. Go wild and see what happens.

Oh yeah I'm all for trying stuff for the sake of themes or mixing things up. I like I used to run resilience, iron will, this is not happening, and sprint burst. found the killer so he'd smack me then i juked him and got to work. Not great, but if I ever found a dwight that was actually using dwight stuff...it was pretty cool.

I was AFK for two gens this game because I went to make food while I queued up and forgot about it. Came in had 3 birds flying around me and one guy was down. Then this score happened. repaired about 2 1/2 of the 3 gens solo and juked the killer on two seperate occasions and healed myself with a green medkit i found. And an unhook and heal on a crawling guy to boot. Clearly I should go AFK more often.

>why doesnt killers just run to the corner of the map and count to ten every time they hook someone?! the devs listen to the killers too much, they are just whiney babies

Oh and that's out a normal gate so no hatch bonus. Never even saw the hatch

Breathe hard on the monitor as a survivor and you'll make points.

Why do these tards think it's camping when they swarm a hooked survivor like ants on chocolate.

>have to play survivor for dailies
>been in in the queue for 6 minutes now
Holy fuck, do people actually do this willingly? Is playing survivor that much easier?

I actually think it's harder to get points as a survivor than it is for killers. At least the way I play, which is the way you're supposed to. My playstyle is me trying to end the game with as little bold points as possible sorta. I don't want the killer to ever see me, but I also try to save people so sometimes that happens. So I mainly get objective and altruism for my pip. since if the killer is good it's hard to ACTUALLY juke them, especially with no perks.

Most of my pips are me being dead but having done most of the work and saving others. But 15K to 18K is really the highest I go with survivor outside of bot games. Whereas Killer I have plenty of games I get 20-23K.

Yes

It is if you're an asshole

Of course not shitlord, killer is buffed every patch and is super op, it's just a matchmaking bug.

Does anyone know if the Windstorm addons for the Wraith stack? I wanna catch peeps with sprint burst off guard

They don't stack.

Isn't there a goddamn thing in every addon that says "STACKS" if it stacks or not

>Catch peeps with sprint burst off guard

You don't need anything for that

Pretend to Uncloak
They run, waste Sprint Burst
Cancel Uncloak, wait for Sprint Burst to wear off
BOP

The Swift hunt uncommon addons say they don't stack, yet the rare addon say they do. Its generally inconsistent in which stuff actually stacks or not

Survivor antics bathe them in points. Just hanging around the killer and getting smacked, running, and repeating fills your shit up. There's a Boldness category a mile long for them and literally one of those point-gathering methods involves hiding. It kind of shocks me there's no massive bonus for not being spotted once in a round, but there's a huge bonus for deliberately hanging around the bloodthirsty super scary killer after everyone escapes just so that you can use the emergency exit.

So, kudos to you for playing in a way that feels fair and fun. It's just not the norm.

deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Addons Fuck it, here's a wiki. There's a dedicated "Does this shit stack" tab

Dude, the ambient boldness for hiding in a killer's terror radius is so fucking unbelievably minuscule that it's not worth talking about. Playing a true hardcore stealth build sucks for getting pips because you're basically relying on either escapes, getting away with altruism, or getting caught, which kinda invalidates the point of the stealth build

No argument: the design of survivor point farming is plainly engineered towards NOT avoiding danger. The game encourages stealth in theory while punishing it in action.

Sometimes I try to go in the basement not to loot the chest, but just to hang out and get a couple hundred bold points since I don't get any otherwise usually.

And yeah you an be hiding in the heartbeat range long enough to get crows revealing you and you'd get like 12 bold points.

you dont have to be jewish about it. but i appreciate you friend

Rate my trapper build

7/10

Would sab

Do bags stack?

how would you improve?

why do you think i want to horde 4 at the start?

Yes

shadowborn with nurses calling or stridor

this image triggers me. claudette is flatter than that

Wait, they do? This fucking wiki says they don't which I guess shouldn't be surprising

You can carry around fucking 4 traps? Madman

>tfw doing pretty good
>lurking around
>get stuck behind some rock
At least I pipped and had fun :^)

Damn, those are some shit proportions.
Fixed it :^)

>try some survivor to burn my last offerings
>leave it running on background, 30 minute queue
>game crashes when i get a lobby

How are 12k people minus the killers enduring this, are they this desperate to meme on a disfigured man?

The wiki isn't fully up to date.

yeah you can start with 4 traps, since everyones a sabocuck i make an effort to keep the same 4 traps all game

You might try changing your profile to make survivors think you'll play nurse, at least they might drop small game

what? i know you can view profiles in lobby. but what about my profile says i play trapper or nurse?

Achievements and stuff, give yourself something like a nurse/billy avatar and maybe SAM for achievements and you might trick some of the survivors who always check before a game

i might as well just make my profile private and save all the trouble

Having paid to dudududududu I guess they're trying to justify the expense.

Private profile they automatically assume hacker because why else would you not want people snooping about?

>Make my profile private in PD2
>Everyone assumes I cheat because I'm 25-100
>Make it public
>Everyone assumes I cheat because I'm 25-100 and have every achievement even though I have like 900 hours

There's no winning with people.

Private profiles with VAC bans still show the VAC bans.

However, I did encounter an infinite sprint burst user in this game and he had no bans but a private profile. I dunno.

>However, I did encounter an infinite sprint burst user in this game and he had no bans but a private profile.
me too. that person also abused infinite spots

steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/350543389018193776/

Killers, stop using noob perks...you're ruining my fun

visual proof

>bad grammar and english
>girl gamur
>twitch cancer
>anime avatar
>bitching about a perk that has been nerfed to nigh-unusable state
>probably never played killer for more than 10 hours

Invalidated

I'd cockslap her.

fug

Retarded and a whore, it's a genetic dead end.

>no face cam

dropped

What the fuck is?

If it's the same as the hidden achievements right before nea/nurse, it's an adept achievement for a new surv, and 3 for a new killer

Guess I need to save up another 500k.

y-yeah gotta save up man

What are your thoughts about this game?

Gameplay wise, I think it's pretty good. Trying to escape as a survivor is thrilling and killing people as a killer is satisfying. Each character's abilities and such are neat especially in the side of the killers. Controls are pretty basic so it can be picked up and play. Overall, I'd say that the game is pretty enjoyable.

Everything else though they shit the bed. Balancing in this game is bad that even every MOBA game out there is more balanced. Match making is a problem mainly on regions with only few players. As a guy who lives in Asia, it takes me fucking forever to find a match, which results into me changing my server preference to US which I feel bad doing so because of the internet speed. I'm most likely lagging on the eyes of other players when doing so (in my part, I don't really notice the lag. It feels just like a regular game). I wish there were some sort of server browser.

That all said, when games like Friday the 13th comes out, I'm not really that enthusiastic in terms of changing games, gameplay wise anyway. The reason for this is because that, as far as I know, Dead by Daylight features different killers as compared to Friday the 13th which only features Jason. Also, I don't exactly know what to do as a survivor on those games and I just really like the gameplay of this game.

What if it were 3 new killers?

ft13 is literally a 3d hide and seek game dude

Gameplay is fun, but at higher ranks it can be tedious at best and frustrating at worst as a killer. For 20 bucks, the game is a lot of fun and definitely enjoyable. I've logged almost 500 hours from a 20 dollar game, and not many games can really do that.

A server browser would be nice, but it would have to be like Vermintide's in that it isn't a true server browser. "Lobby browser" would be more accurate.

F13 hasn't released any gameplay footage other than a year old E3 demo which looked rougher than the bottom of a tribal's foot. I don't think that game will be able to hold a candle to this one.

This game's gameplay is what is keeping it afloat, as well as devs who, despite their overall incompetence, are able to inject enough updates and fixes into the game to smother extra honey on this game to keep us flies buzzing around.

Great model, horribly managed. The way getting points works encourages behavior contrary to the game's original design goals.

Most things that both killers and survivors are complaining about could be fixed without overhauling the game's design, but the devs seem intent on remaining oblivious about it.

fucking lol

>thanks for your feedback

>tfw you slap a pallet on a billy for the 3rd time on asylum, and he just stops moving

I didn't even run to the asylum itself, he got really upset after I slow vaulted back and he didn't make it with his chainsaw until the next pallet hit his face.

>killer playing asylum
Why did he bother in the first place instead of just quiting instantly on the cancer map and banishing survivors to queue?

Only 17 fun increasers left. Hopefully it will get me close to 500k.