The year of our lord 2016

>the year of our lord 2016
>still buying american

Other urls found in this thread:

akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/5727459885.html
torquenews.com/106/chevrolet-camaro-sales-slump-ford-mustang-dodge-challenger-lead-may-sales
goodcarbadcar.net/2016/02/cadillac-ats-sales-all-time-low-january-2016.html
motorauthority.com/news/1096169_jeep-annual-sales-top-one-million-units-for-the-first-time
media.gm.com/media/us/en/cadillac/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2015/Jan/0105-cadillac-sales.html
thetruthaboutcars.com/2014/08/897346/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>not buying the best car on the market currently

Ford didn't accept bailout money. Also, American manufacturers more or less got their shit together after the debacle of the 90s and early 2000s. They make acceptable cars for the average consumer nowadays.

Enjoy major repairs before 100k. UAW and GM are laughing at you while they count their money.

>2016
>GM being one of the top manufacturers out there, with quality products across the lineup
>Unlike VW, didn't stick it to their customers after an engineering scandal

I'm glad you live in the 90s man.

>They make acceptable cars for the average consumer nowadays.

I guess if you've never known what reliability actually is all the low mileage major component failures you put up with seems normal.

VW passed the fucking emissions test.

>oh you didn't pass it good enough

TDI's get 50 mpg. How bad could the emissions possibly be?

I've only owned Japanese cars; Acura, Nissan, Honda

>Ford didn't accept bailout money.
They fully supported the bailout regardless. If GM and Chrysler went down, Ford would've gone down in the aftermath since they all share a lot of the same suppliers.
People always drag out the bailouts to promote Ford. They forget Ford almost went under before the economy took a shit. Ford almost went under in 2006. They had no real product to sell, didn't have a full line, very few of their products were profitable, etc etc. So how did Ford survive? When Alan Mulally took over in 2006, he mortgaged everything the company owned to get money to pour into the company's future. buildings, copyrights, etc. EVERYTHING, even the blue oval logo itself, was mortgaged.
How is gambling with the company's future any better than accepting a handout?

This meme is retarded.

I've NEVER had problems under 100k

>YOU MEAN I CANT TREAT THE CAR LIKE SHIT!?!? RABBLE RABBLE
>MURRICANS CANT INTO CARS
>heh THAT'LL show ford and chevy

>gas mileage = good emissions
No it doesn't. When tested while driving the car VW TDI emissions were 40 times over the government limits. The reason is when they turned off the emissions equipment, gas mileage of the diesels increased. gas mileage and proper emissions do not go hand in hand.

Got any statistics on that? If no, feel free to fuck right off.

Seems like it was a gamble that paid off

>less goes in
>more comes out

Physics much?

I work at a Ford garage doing major repairs on low mileage vehicles all day long.

>YOU MEAN I CANT TREAT THE CAR LIKE SHIT!?!? RABBLE RABBLE

Not required. Just drive normally until the planned obsolescence module engages.

>repairing fords all day long

I'm sure those cars are at least 20 years old user.

I've never seen very many bmws or even vws make it much past 100k, lest alone 300k as most saturns are pushing now. European cars are great for the first 100k, then they just fall apart and are expensive to fix

>Fiestas with bad clutches
>5.4's with bad cam phasers
>sub 30k mile ball joints
>awd fusions with scattered transfer cases

Not counting water pumps and the occasional bottom end explosion. Eddie at the engine plant must not have gotten his new union card in time.

don't be a cuck, buy american we don't want german supremacy in yurop anymore

>Saturn

Every Saturn I was ever around never made it to 100k. Even Cavaliers and Sunfires with quad fours lasted longer than the abomination that is Saturn.

>don't be a cuck

Because buying a car that is engineered to take a one way trip the scrap yard by 120K is so much better.

not really thats more of a german brands deal, also you pay 100k for a proper german car and 10 years later is fucked and worth like 1000 or maybe 2000 euros, looks dated and so, if you drive a bmw like that you looks like a poorfag and nothing more. american cars are still going strong after 10 years they still look great are very reliable and are depreciating a lot les. same model year 2007 cadillac escalade and bmw 7 series- costs 3000euros and cadillac still going strong its better looks good and it still wort 20000euros and you don't look like average poorfag wannabe rich driving it.

>Fiestas with bad clutches
>20 year old Fiestas had bad clutches

>implying
The Fiesta has only been on the American market since 2011. 20 years old my ass. Stop grasping at straws.

>Implying I'm American

Thanks for playing though

Isn't Acura technically American though? I thought it was Hondas American market company

Yeah then I guess lexus is American, and Honda must have imported the NSX to Japan

Show me a Japanese equivalent to the Acura ZDX, ILX, CL, and RLX.

why do you guys reply to this

We do so simply to confound you.

My neighbor has a sl1 with 300k on the original engine and trans. Old saturns are great for a little shitbox.

>sl1 with 300k

That's a factory freak.

Please don't feed him replies.

>No ecoboost
Do you even Veeky Forums

>Pic related

Dude dont bother. Ford has the most frothy at the mouth shills on here. You could be a bmw fan and talking about first hand accounts on several occasions of fords that shit the bed and youll get attacked by the feminists of the auto market.

>Calls some people Ford shills
>Makes it appear user is a GM shill

>not driving your wife's son around in a comfy mobile

Plebs

What if im a JDM shill, or yuro shill? I stated "BMW fan" yet the go to knee jerk is GM. Its ok baby. GM cant hurt you no moe.

>not buying predictable, reliable vehicles that are easy to work on

The newer ones after GM fucked it up were pretty shit, stuff like the sl1 will last for God damn ever

Do you enjoy driving a boat with no visibility?

>Americans cars used to be shit, but now they're better!
>fast forward 10 years
>American cars used to be shit, but now they're better!
>rinse repeat

>under 100k
It must suck to never drive.

Ford is easily the best American car company. It's not even close.

>Focus ST
>Fiesta ST
>Focus RS
>Mustang
>Ford GT
>F-150

They make cars that people actually want to buy.

Ford > Chrysler > GM

t. Canadian

>putting Chrysler above GM

Jeep alone probably has a higher percentage of good vehicles than the entire GM umbrella.

as it should be

Mfw Saturn has Honda engines with GM shells.

The VUE is the only car that had a Honda engine. SL1s were powered by Saturn's own engines.

>Nearly the entire Cadillac lineup barring the crossover and hybrid
>New Camaro, Corvette, impala and colorado

GM's lineup is great

Jeep is shit and has been since chrysler got it.

Interesting. I work at a GM shop and work on low mileage vehicles too.

We just replaced the 6.0 in a 2013 2500hd.

We do ball joints as well. I blame the owner of the vehicle.
>1500's with 8' western plows

I too would beat the piss out of a vehicle under warranty.

akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/5727459885.html

y/n

Go for it.

Mazda is responsible for a good 90% of your list.

>1999
>Not buying a victory red V8 Pontiac

>doesn't know why a truck is there so just calls it an f-150

made me laff user

>new truck with a plow

the fuck? you need like an mid 80's F250 thats worth less than the plow itself

>buying a truck
>"yeah it was a plow truck"

you should be running the fuck away

Bump

Bump

Lol gm is good value for money
t. millennial generation

I just bought a 2015 Chevy Cruze LTZ the other day. Only 28k miles on it. Am I going to regret this?

torquenews.com/106/chevrolet-camaro-sales-slump-ford-mustang-dodge-challenger-lead-may-sales

>Dodge challenger is currently outselling new camaro

goodcarbadcar.net/2016/02/cadillac-ats-sales-all-time-low-january-2016.html

>Cadillac can't sell the ATS or CTS
>only people who buy Cadillacs are for the Escalade

"There's deeper meaning behind the ATS's decline, however. U.S. sales of the Cadillac CTS sedan plunged 40% to only 1013 units, a 77% drop compared with January 2011 and the fifth consecutive year of declining January volume. Overall Cadillac sales slid 8% to only 10,740 units, the lowest monthly total for the brand since May 2012."

motorauthority.com/news/1096169_jeep-annual-sales-top-one-million-units-for-the-first-time

>jeep sells 1 million

media.gm.com/media/us/en/cadillac/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2015/Jan/0105-cadillac-sales.html

>Cadillac sells 265k

thetruthaboutcars.com/2014/08/897346/

>sales of new impala are falling hard and only sell about 151,000

But Cadillac and GM cars are doing amazing and jeep is shit right?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Not leasing at half the price for 3 years

>under 100k
its not uncommon to not have problems with a new car