God Foot said that the R33 is gay and he hates it, but he never actually explains, what's so wrong about the car...

God Foot said that the R33 is gay and he hates it, but he never actually explains, what's so wrong about the car? It should at least have better weight distribution. They're very common where I live (well, not GT-R of course) did nips sell off so many because they didn't like them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Iq8aQwsnoOU
youtube.com/watch?v=8u1DL3TCzUI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Skyline#V35.2FCPV35
blog.stillen.com/2011/09/stillen-obtains-50-state-legal-status-for-nissan-370z-infiniti-g37-supercharger-system/
youtube.com/watch?v=OSMCfPASImQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nothing is wrong with the R33, it's faster than the 32.

Wasnt it heavier or some shit to do with tire wear?

Maybe? The front isn't as heavy though, it's like 55/45 so the R32 should eat front tires faster in theory. Maybe the engine didn't boost as well?

R33 had a limiter on it, I thought.

It doesn't look as good as 32/34.

I've been thinking of importing r33 to Canada this spring, anybody know any decent Canadian importers and how much a decent r33 goes for?

Check out this guys and his website. You can see how much R33's go for at auction on his site and he seems to put a lot of effort into customer satisfaction, whereas a lot of companies just want to scam you.
youtube.com/watch?v=Iq8aQwsnoOU

Appreciate it thanks

ive driven r32s and r33s in both GTst and GTR forms
r32s gtsts are complete nuggets in comparison. the dynamics and engine in the r33 are much better
in GTR form the differences in feel are less dramatic but the r33 feels more solid

The R33 is a victim of an early form of benchracing anons.
Having nothing to compare it to but the R32 and whatever they considered a sports car
they say its wheelbase and said
PIGFATTU
and I'm going to assume the man who wrote initial D didn't actually drive the car at its limit down the touge because come on.
So he just fed into contemporary car cultural perception

>R31
youtube.com/watch?v=8u1DL3TCzUI

GUTSY

Nice Toccata you got there.

The r33 is longer and heavier.
Its a better highway car, not mountain racer

That makes sense.

Any opinions on non-GTR

>190 hp: 4WD, no fancy limited slip differential though
>turbo 250 hp: RWD, still heavy af though

It suffers middle child syndrome. It's fatter and not as good looking as it's two more popular sisters, but it's great fun to drive. Also doesn't have the same stigma attached to it as the 32 and 34 so you don't get followed around by 16-25 year old vapelords offering you anal sex. I own a 33 GTST and I've driven my mates 34 GTST, I genuinely enjoy driving mine more, it feels more fun and it cost about 7 grand less.

I'm the aussie user who owns the crazy 33GTR.

I have mates who own 32's and 34's and honestly it comes down more to what you like more. Each has their pros and cons.

>Lightest and thus fastest
>Atessa not as good as the following generations
>If you think the following generations have been thrashed to hell and back, 32's are whole other levels to restore

>More room inside, nicer interior
>Can put more weight over the rear wheels, helping better launches

>Nicer interior, less room than 33 but more than 32
>Expensive as fuck because muh F&F

I chose the 33 because i personally liked the looks. Some people hate it, they can fuck off and buy their own if they want.

There are minor changes on the engines among all 3, but that is meaningless because you're most likely never going to find a stock one anyway.

It's just very small chassis changes and comes down to personal taste, as all 3 are so god damn fucking capable you will get nowhere near their limit on the streets anyway.

> lightest and thus fastest
There is more to cars than power to weight

No shit, that's why he also said the 33 launches better.

It's true though, the 32 is several hundred kg lighter and assuming engines are identical, it has a huge advantage.

>will never get the old r33 at the back of the lot and use it for initial d adventure

>Implying the benchracers who hate on the 33 can actually afford a GTR, let alone the cost to maintain one

The R32 is confirmed to be 60/40 front and the R33 is 55/45. SAU members have done corner weights before.

R33 had more boost. It was just seen as ugly, heavy, and boring. It was heavier but the R34 was heavier too. It was seen as boring because the R32 was much more oversteer-friendly at low speeds but the R34 was too.

Really, people just bash it because it looks mostly like a Silvia and because it was the middle child.

> several hundred kg lighter
Not even

> huge advantage
Yet its slower in every measure of performance

The R32 is appreciably slower than the R33 in every scenario. It cannot put power down as well because the weight distribution, aero, suspension, and AWD system are all not what they should've been. Nissan tried very hard to correct this with the R33 and R34 but they were basically out of money by the time they started developing the R34.

The R34 was supposed to have different brakes to upgrade from the R33 and an aluminum V6 to truly resolve the issues with weight distribution but none of this was achieved and the weight distribution remained identical to the R33 GT-R.

Things like the steering wheels between the R33 and R34 GT-Rs interchange perfectly. Brakes as well. The R34 V-Spec diffuser easily bolts onto the R33 as the bottom frame is identical.

The engine is basically identical save for a different cam angle sensor. The ECU is basically identical other than some changed mapping to handle the new cam angle sensor.

The R32 is a very different car but the R33 and R34 underneath are almost exactly the same. The main changes were to the gearbox, aero, and chassis rigidity. Between Nismo and all of the other big name tuners in Japan you can find modifications that will bring all of those aspects in the R33 up to R34 spec.

The main reason why people don't like the R33 is because it looks ugly. I personally think it looks fine but this is just a matter of opinion.

R32 Calsonic Skyline GT-R. Notice the extremely unbalanced camber between front and rear. This is an attempt to neutralize the understeer induced by the high front lift coefficient and strong front-biased weight distribution.

What the fuck is God foot

The R33 Le Mans car. Notice how the camber of the front tires is fairly close to the rear. It's likely that they are different, but it's much less obvious. This is a function of aero and weight distribution improvements that dramatically improved the car's performance.

fuck the science just lemme have sex with that thicc athelete

fuck outta here

33 was for gay cunts that couldn't find a good 32, or didn't have enough for a 34.

I'm with you user, 33 is my favorite.

>Midnight purple R33 Skyline V-spec w/ bronze Volks

That's my fucking ideal Skyline. I had you in Gran Turismo 4, and I will have you in real life.

The R33 LM body actually looked incredible, it's a shame that they never had to make any truly homologated street cars.

I really like the r33 but i plan on getting a r32 soon

Nothing wrong with the R32, but it's very much a late 80s car rather than a 90s car. Also the vast majority of them are absolutely trashed and beat to shit. Pay a little more to get a good one. Expect to replace all of the rubber parts anyways.

Is it some faggot youtuber that you retards idolise?

I really hate that importing any of the Skylines in to America is next to fucking impossible, or incredibly expensive.

It's absolutely possible for the R32s. The R33s will be more expensive but not unmanageably so. The R34s are going to be batshit insane prices much like a 993 Turbo.

Here's your (you)

R33 is my favourite.

I think people generally dislike it because, of the three of the era, it was not the first and not the latest. Not the first to bring the look about, not the one with the last look. It is stuck in the middle ground in many aspects, and regardless of technical details or any aesthetics, people who like the other two more will write off the R33.

It is kind of the same thing with E30, E36, and E46. One is the middle, and has to always be compared to what came before AND after.

Curious, are there people here who rank the R33 as second instead of first or third?

There good ive owned a few but never a turbo model, cheap to maintain and easy to find parts in nz aswell, not too bad on fuel when your not lead footed, pic related is my baby

Except the R33 has a better ATTESA system, better chasis suspension set up, less oil problems, better engine and is faster except over the 1/4 mile

The R34 is undoubtedly better still. It's an R33 done better.

But the R33 GTR right now is still a 20k car and will probably get up to 30-40k with US demand coming up. The R34 is going to be a laughably expensive car, it's already up to 60k with Canadian demand. I doubt it will be below 80k once US can get them.

I'm obviously biased but I would rather spend 50-60k for an amazing R33 than 60k for a shitty R34.

He was a character in like 2 episodes of the anime Initial D

Chur rfb

Sweet s14s in this thread bros

Genuinely didn't know.

OK, so people are upset about what car a make believe cartoon character didn't like? This seems like a fairly advanced form of autism.

End yourself.

>This seems like a fairly advanced form of autism.
It is. Personally, the R33 is my second favorite Skyline. My favorite is the V35, which everyone hates.

Interesting. I should end myself because I didn't know who the cartoon character was, or because I don't follow the advice of cartoon characters when buying a car. I'm seriously confused at this point.

Thank you. I personally don't like the 33, but don't mind the v35

Nothing better than a dirty rb

Pic related, I'm a certified rfb owner

Isn't that part of the appeal though? The R32 and R33 GT-Rs are not very flashy inside or out. Easy to confuse for a run of the mill car. The only people that will know what you're driving will know something about cars unlike a Ferrari.

Pretty cool for a not-boring sedan. It's like BMW that's wasn't made by Germans.

>thread is about skylines
>posts an altima

>I don't know there were skylines after the R34
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Skyline#V35.2FCPV35

Not a real skyline

americans should leave

nor is a R35 then

I meeeeaannn, the R35 is just a GT-R, so maybe that isn't the best example.

I want an R33 so bad.

Tell you what they make a decent drift missile. She toughed out throwing a wheel off down the sweeper at Ebisu

its the ugliest gtr

32 and the 34 look the best

>hub spacers

kek

had to get those steelies to fit somehow lel

how about our intercooler setup here

I think much of the interest in the Skylines now is for the GT-R. There is some interest in the high end RWD turbo trims but really it's not much.

The Q60 with a manual or DCT would've been the modern day equivalent of the Skyline GTS-T or GTT. The ATTESA system on those is not as advanced as what you see in the R35.

Honestly, I could give less of a fuck about the GT-R. The only one I'd personally own is an R33 GT-R, and that's just to cruise around/ dd.
Now the rwd Skylines, oh lord :^)))))

And yeah, you're right. That's why I refer to them as Skylines rather than the Nissan GT-R as a Skyline.

Hub spacers, wheel nuts for alloys, steelies. Gee I wonder what went wrong here.

R33 gtst's are great for skids

>God Foot said that the R33 is gay and he hates it
He also got punked by some homo in an upjumped yellow Miata.

He was faster though, but Keisuke won strategically. And it wasn't bullshit like Dagumi's win against God Hand.

Holy shit you cunts are autistic

>makes it easier by adding downhill to the race
>drifts BNR34 that isn't supposed to drift in the first place because reasons

He wanted to give Keisuke the D.

I don't remember it being this gay.

What did you think he meant by this, user?

understeer happened.

>Now the rwd Skylines, oh lord
Some people swap GTR engines into them. You get your power and RWD for drifting, it should still be heavy af compared to Silvia, maybe not R-32 though.

"drift"

Do people realize you should never actually drift a car other than to rotate it in extremely tight corners? Touge courses are rarely tight enough to actually justify this, if you looking at Hot Version/Best Motoring videos of their Touge course for time attack there is never any drifting, only slight oversteer and immediate correction. The only time they drift is for fun and for the camera.

When your tires lose traction you've immediately lost time because dynamic friction is so much less compared to static friction. In slicks the difference is absolutely enormous and feels like all or nothing. The time you take to recover from the loss of traction is time that you aren't turning or accelerating.

Everyone knows that grip is faster. But time attack isn't a street race where anything can happen. They say in the show: controlled oversteer gives you way more leeway than uncontrolled understeer. Whether it's true or not, I don't know. Not to mention cars that can't accelerate all that well like Dagumi's Toyota can save time by decelerating less before the corner.

The R35 isn't a skyline, Nissan completely separated GTR and Skyline for the R35, so it's just a GTR. You are right though, the G35 is technically supposed to be a skyline and has a similar chassis, but it just didn't live up to the name.

You don't want excessive oversteer. It makes the car difficult to go fast with. Slight oversteer characteristics can help with rotating the car mid-corner but if you have to constantly be wary of wide open throttle you can't trust the car and will drive below your maximum time. Even slight understeer is preferable as you can just tuck your line by either pulling the e-brake slightly or letting off the gas.

Don't worry i, too , thought it was a youtuber. I don't watch cartoons

It's a overpriced meme that's pretty average and hard to find unmolested

>overpriced meme

It's comparable in price to the R32 GT-R. They used to be cheaper.

>Pretty average

Then the R34 is too? They're very similar cars.

>hard to find unmolested

That's because they were cheap and people fucked them up and ran them into the ground. Which proceeded to drive up the price because no one took care of them like the R34s.

i personally think the r32 is the ugly duckling black sheep. it does NOTHING for me in any way, but the R33, in midnight purple, now thats god tier.

The R32 and R34 look pretty similar, the R33 is kind of the odd one out as it has much softer lines instead of sharp edged designs.

Thankyou, at least I'm not the only one who's not retarded and also wondering wtf is going on.

I like the them, but the RB26 is a much better motor than what those have, nut just in power, but in reliability too

The G35/37/V35/36 was basically a Z33/34 with back seats and a bit more luxury. The Skyline nameplate was used for reasons.

You could just turbo one now that they're cheaper.

blog.stillen.com/2011/09/stillen-obtains-50-state-legal-status-for-nissan-370z-infiniti-g37-supercharger-system/

This is actually a solid kit. CARB EO number forces them to do a proper map for ALL G37s and 370Zs using the stock ECU as programmable ECUs are illegal in California.

Not a turbo but close enough and makes some serious power.

do a sickcunt ya burnout

i dont know much about these cars, but the gts and the 25gtt seem cool

are they a shit?

Jumping it happened

this is acknowledged in god hands theory

the best line is the one that makes the most use of the tires

>Do people realize you should never actually drift a car other than to rotate it in extremely tight corners
Yeah, but Initial D isn't exactly realistic and the only person who advocated driving sensibly was a jobber.

If Initial D were realistic we wouldn't even be having this thread right now.

In the same vein, God Hand's S2000 is described as being particularly difficult to control, and that only an expert-level driver could unlock its true capabilities.

Was this just a bunch of overdramatic bullshit or does it hold any truth?

The S2000 is a fucking joke to handle unless you fuck up the suspension and add too much power. It's a very forgiving FR car.

The SW20 is extremely unforgiving as an RMR. The RUF Yellowbird is even worse as an RR as it oversteers like an FF understeers: youtube.com/watch?v=OSMCfPASImQ