>motorcycle questions and answers
>motorcycle routes & meetups
>motorcycle gear and accessories
>motorcycle adventures & blog posts
>motorcycle pictures and fun webms

SQUAAAAAAAAAAAD:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

Are you new? Have a read:
sportbikes.net/forums/new-riders/391524-looking-beginner-bike-look-no-further.html

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hvT86dMbERM
lmgtfy.com/?q=helmet roll test
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do want

Hi friends!

Back on land for now, decided to clean my baby.

Clean bikes a happy bike

Pearl white=pure sex in the sunlight

How strong is that phone mount? I fear my phone would fall off.

Pretty good. I've been a bit over 120mph with no issues. But I also have that big ass wimpshield on when I use it

Will armored gloves/gauntlets actually protect my fingers/hand/wrist from being broken in an accident or is it just snake oil

If so, what should I buy? am in UK

Can you inflate a motorcycle tire with pic related

Finally run out of pictures of that white trash looking mulatto for the OP?

they're better than nothing

look at spyke, italian made shit that's significantly less expensive than certain other italian brands

of course
but it will take a long time

Broken fingers/hand is not what you should be worried about, broken bones heal, Google "degloved hand"

Do you have half an hour and a desire to firm and tone your arms?

Yes, but you won't be able to set the bead unless you have tubes.

yes, they require significantly less pressure than bicycle tires but the volume means you could be pumping for a while

shit, I was looking for something to fap to tonight
cheers m8

>the volume means you could be pumping for a while
like yer mum

you're wrong

[citation needed]
Do you carry lighter fluid around or something?

Yes but it'll take a very long time. If you want to carry it for emergency, try co2 cans.

no, rope

Bad day today at the track. Second session, level 2, a guy on an r6 got involved in a multi bike crash and his helmet came off. Looks like he died right away from where I was. I got to find out the bad way that Ridesmart has been skipping the ambulance rental and just putting some EMTs in the track's fire suppression truck. We got to see an instructor out in the field doing CPR for 25 mins waiting for an ambulance. To hell with that, I wouldn't have ridden if I knew they weren't even on site. It's the same exact incident at CMRA races in May where a novice clipped another bike on the same corner, lost his helmet, and had the bike land on him. I was standing in the exact same spot this time, and when I saw him out doing CPR I knew it was time to pack it up. Making matters worse was the guy in charge riding around on a mini bike asking everyone if they knew who it was, because they had no idea. The whole thing really isn't a good feeling

sketchy af

>going fast is for the track they said
>it's safer they said

enjoy my PCH ride: youtu.be/hvT86dMbERM

>stop an go traffic with bad music
What's even more boring than most webms people post here.

That's the most painful part. I know it's safer, and I kinda give a shit about trying to make others safer by getting them on the track, but this just makes it harder. There hadn't been a death in Texas racing for years, and now two on the same corner

Nothing safer than gunning it on an empty highway.

That comfy af weather. Meanwhile sunny and hot as balls here in central CA.

Good advert for properly fitting helmets, innit.

Remember to do the roll test, folks.

If all you care about is straight lines, I probably won't try to convince you to come to the track. Nothing worse than a noob who parks it in the corners and drag races down the straights so you can't pass him

what's the roll test?

i think my hemet is too big

I keep one on my trailbag because it's better than nothing.

lmgtfy.com/?q=helmet roll test

Will the "proprietary inhibitors" in cheap green antifreeze damage the coolant pump on a bike?

Get the helmet on and grab the back lip, try to pull it off your head. It shouldn't come off.

just get the name brand shit

you only need a bottle or two

how often do you guys replace your helmet?

fuck stalker google

4 or 5 years or so. Unless you have my luck and crack it every other year.

>ll you need to do is to wear the helmet and secure the straps. Then, grab the back lip of the helmet and try rolling it frontward off your head
What does that even mean? Obviously it can't come off since the chin guard hits my chest.

it shouldn't unless you're tilting your head forward or have no neck

Then it's good huh?

>tfw keep dropping my helmet
>dropped in down the stairwell once
I want a new one but at the same time it doesn't look compromised.

reminder that honda a shit

mine's fucked too

i had money last year but decided it was ok for another year but now it's really trashed and i have no money for a decent one so i'm just wearing it as is and hoping i don't crash on my head

>look
user those things aren't for look ffs

Shoei and Arai recommends replacement at the 7 year mark. If you own a shit tier helmet you should replace it asap.

I mean the styrofoam or whatever inside isn't cracked or anything. I'll get a nice helmet eventually.

I honestly can't tell if I'm being trolled or there's people who actually believe the structural integrity of an helmet is dictated by the foam liner

Get gud.

cheap antifreeze will cause leaks on CX500s, that I know for sure.

>CPR for 25 minutes
I didn't know fucking Hercules was an EMT

As long as there wasn't anything in the helmet to compress the foam it should be fine.

Some cheap 20 dollar Pakistani gloves saved the palms of my hands from the skid demon and even made it out so they can still be used, so I can imagine higher end gloves can do better.

I'm retarded.

If I wanted a replica of this Honda RC166 how much do you think it would cost to get a frame manufactured by a place like Tigcraft?

5k?

10k?

Does anyone transport a firearm with their motorcycle ? How do you do it ?

easy just take your loaded firearm and aim it to your temple then pull the trigger.

less than if you just put a predator 212 on a frame you make yourself with a harbor freight welder

stop memeing me pham

Good evening my dear faggots, I got a blog post or two incoming, so hang in there.

I rode a liter bike (CBR1000RR) for the first time ever today and dear djaysus it was way too fucking scary. You're minding your bidness in 2nd doing 80km/h and you wot it for like 2 seconds and you're doing 180km/h. Exiting corners gracefully is very difficult, there's just so much power at like 5k revs, it's insane.

It is a very nice bike, but I'm unsure if I would ever own one. The whole "racebike with lights" thing is true. The ergos are pretty extreme, now I understand why people say the CBR F3 is comfortable. It was also very, very loud.

My buddies' gf was in charge of pictures and she wasn't very good at it.

Have it in my holster either in my pocket or iwb.
I know a few people who have a holster on their tanks

I didn't pass my MSF riders course...

My problem was mainly with being able to perform a sharp turn to the right.

Whenever I press down to lean that direction I accelerate without intention and I struggle to make the curve.

In any case I'm coming back to the course with additional knowledge compared to knowing nothing. And the shit was free. So i didn't lose anything. Besides having to drive 45 minutes to the course at 6am.

It's not over yet!

Also,

>riding the 90s sportsbike you bought as a winter project inna tougue

Living the dream bros.

Need some help Veeky Forums- on buying a beginner bike. I read the link in the OP, but I want some of your input

I recently complete my states motorcycle course and am getting my permit/license in around a month. I need suggestions on my first bike to practice on

Something I can find cheap used, I don't wanna spend a lot of money on a bike I might crash

I'm 6'2", so a bike that isn't too low. But also not crazy powerful, I don't wanna get a bike I can't handle and get myself killed

And I'm not really into touring bikes
Or sport bikes, I don't want to lean forward

Any suggestions/input/advice/shitpost? All replies greatly appreciated

Just go ask the custom bike builders at Veeky Forums they seem to know everyting about vintage races.

Klr650/dr650

I'll look those up. Any specific reasons you suggested them for?

Look into adv bikes nig

My batbike. Gay?

dual sport
dr 400 is a nice
650 a beast

I'm gonna let you in in a little secret.

The concept of "beginner" bikes is a load of shit. A bike will not go faster than you want it to go. Don't rip the throttle back the first time you get on the bike and you aren't going to lose control of it. Find something you like that's in your price range and just get it. Take it slow at first and get a feel for the bike, and if you have any common sense, you'll do fine. Bikes don't have a mind of their own, you're in control. If a bike flies out from under you it wasn't because the bike was too powerful for you, it was because you're a moron.

Must have been fun

>whitewalls

No thanks

The Dunlop Qualifiers I'm using right now aren't quite there with the grip though.

I felt the front dance a bit about twice when pushing it and decided to not try luck too much.

I think I'll fit a Q3 in there next.

/adv/? Didn't even think of it. I'll try there too
Another for the dr. You have reasons?

What's the best motorcycle trip you guys have taken?

GS500

Yep, I use that type of pump to maintain my tire pressure every now and again. Make sure you by a GOOD tire pressure gauge,I bought a cheapo one from walmart and it wasn't accurate...

I'm pretty careful on bikes as it is. But
I will take your advice into consideration regardless. I appreciate it

They know, it's time to pack it up boys.

Bbbut it was the concept. White walls + white lights.

Pacific Coast Highway

You really gotta think that through a little more. The RC166 used sandcast engine cases designed as a stressed member with a very elaborate backbone frame, nothing under the engine. You have to start with the engine here, and you aren't going to come up with a suitable engine to replicate it the way it was originally drawn

Different strokes for different folks man. Just wouldn't want whitewalls or led light on my bike.
But you do you man

You'll more than likely be rigid in the arms hen you first learn. Now combine that with a powerful bike.

Go around corner, hit bump. Because you have stiff arms you whiskey throttle it and suddenly have 80hp at the back wheel.
The bike stands up and launches you into a car/tree/guard rail etc.

Why is it a thing to review the brakes of a bike? The braking system is so independent it just seems bizarre to focus in on the brakes and use it as a feature of the bike. You can make brakes as good or as bad as you want using whatever combination of rotors/calipers you want...it has nothing to do with the bike.

fuckin retards these days

Arkansas to South Padre and up to Denver, then Moab and Arches. Vegas, LA, the canyons, PCH, Portland, then home. I broke down in Oklahoma on day 22 though

I don't carry one because it's stupid and dangerous.

So the brakes of an EX500 would be fine on a CBR1000? They are just brakes after all.

You can change the rear spring and shock, swingarm, fork, and bars too, why does anyone review handling? Normal people don't buy a vehicle just to replace one of its major systems and even less normal people prefer to buy vehicles knowing what they are going to replace.

This is the common misconception that goes around a lot in the whole "beginner bike" debate. Yes, how the bike behaves is a function of how you control it but what these people fail to realize is that beginners don't even yet understand how NOT to control it. There are a million different things that can happen that will send you flying

>hit a pothole or a bumpy road and because your bike literally goes from zero to WOT in 1/4" of an inch you loop it or shoot yourself into the side of the road
>release the clutch too fast when blipping and lurch yourself forward
>etc

I knew I was glad to be doing it on a beginner bike but I hadn't even thought of how fucking terrifying my bad downshifts would be with 150hp.

Not to mention the razor sharp handling makes for more dramatic crashes. I haven't seen a lot of SV650s high side

Was it confirmed that he passed?

>crash with no helmet
nigga dead