What are Veeky Forums's thoughts on kundalini awakening? Have any historical figures went through a kundalini awakening?

What are Veeky Forums's thoughts on kundalini awakening? Have any historical figures went through a kundalini awakening?

youtube.com/watch?v=9uaFnYhWke8

All I can think of is Bodhidharma.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VJbKwjgK8a8?t=2161
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Buddha himself, surely? Maybe Krishna and figures of ancient myth such as Orpheus, their myths suggest such a thing although we don't have the records to prove it.

I actually think Bodhidharma was from Gandhara. Therefore, he may have been mixed with Indian, Persian, and/or Greek.

Also, Bodhidharma's teachings are incompatible with Kundalini New Age beliefs.

Kundalini is not new age.

Yeah it is.

Nope.

The Advaita Hindus don't even practice it.

It's not embedded in any genuine Dharmic tradition.

One of the six orthodox darshanas is Yoga and it has a long history, which includes kundalini energy. A lot of it is post-1000AD, which isn't ancient like a lot of the early yoga stuff, but it's not exactly new age. The new age stuff is garbage and should be ignored automatically.

I guess that's cool.

What sect of Hinduism do you follow?

What books do you use for learning about Kundalini.
Arthur Avalon and Sri Aurobindo seem to be the primary western sources on the subject but this guy claims that the popular 7 chakra system doesn't work.
(36:00)
youtu.be/VJbKwjgK8a8?t=2161

According to Mahendranath it was dangerous and can lead to a dead end when pursuing enlightenment, often misused and was never meant to be practiced outside of Laya Yoga. Kundalini was meant to be a vehicle to help with enlightenment but not a path in itself, once it served its usefulness then it was to be abandoned and forgotten, but instead you have yogis and practitioners who do nothing but Kundalini practicing it more and more because they chase the high produced by it but consequently must spend more time in that state because the more they do it the less effective the high becomes. Therefore a vast majority of kundalini practitioners and yogis are simply nothing more than drug addicts.

Holy shit. I'd rather stick to haschich then.

What do you guys know about prayanama ? I've heard wonders about it.

Holy shit. Those Japanese woodblock prints look so slick.

Really aesthetic.

Technically none. I'm a Buddhist and for the past year I've been reading about yoga and advaita vedanta and other stuff.

This guy is kind of a hack with regard to tantra. Not fully a hack but he's pretty meh too often for me to consider him fully legit. There are other people out there that have a better grasp of tantra.

Don't really know anything about kundalini, but I know a lot of New Age religions like to cloak themselves in the veneer of history/tradition. Shinto, for instance, can be seen as a new age religion because Japanese folk beliefs were never divided from Buddhist tradition until 1868, and the Kojiki was unreadable and relatively unknown until Norinaga's work in the Edo period.

kundalini has been derailed so bad, like seriously. all these 'kundalini awakenings/disorders' are all bullshit.

if you study the actual yogic sastras, its completely different. these days you catch
it like the common flu in new age circles, but back then, it took many hours of yearly
practice to rise and gain some control of it. i dont know what it is, im no real yogi, neither
are the newage tards that act like they've been through it. but ive read many old yogic
scriptures and ill give my interpretation on it. there's absolutely no yogic sastra that
states 'kundalini disorder/syndrome' - according to those texts, if you fuck up, it's instant
death, you burn out your entire system or something like that. kundalini is actually the
accumulation of pranas - not a literal energy serpent. the collision of prana apana creates
a massive heat/energy surge, something like that and yogis have to channel it towards the
top of the head where a unification happens and self annihilation or immortality happens.
yogis achieve this by entering a breathless state then they work with their pranas by using
locks or focuses on areas.

gorakshanath who was an expounder of hathayoga is the one that popularized it, though it has been referenced
before him, but he was the one that systematized it. hathayoga is actually the real term for kundaliniyoga. its all
from tantra, which is a science. the original yoga was practicing tapas/asceticism and meditation then tantrikas dabbled
with yoga and created the whole 'energy yoga' - working with pranas/chakras/kundalini. though it was even practiced by
some mahayana buddhist(bodhidharma?)orders and tibetan ones, people even say gorakshanath studied with the tibetans.

truly though no scholar is sure, all of the real stuff is in secrecy, passed down by guru to student and their texts are heavy in
riddles and are due to mistranslation, only if you're initiated in that sect you can understand, which seems nonexistent nowadays.

So it burned out in its own esotericism, and all we have today are watered-down misconceptions?

yes, it seems to be. though theres probably still lineages hidden out there, though
they wont advertise themselves. that's just the way it is, and the way it will always be.

theres a yogi who can control his involuntary system, stop his heart, etc. all what was
deemed impossible to abunch of doctors and psychologists at a lab under biofeedback, he says
pretty much all of the 'kundalini awakenings' are false and are just mentally imbalanced people
going through emotional phases.

theres a book called agora: kundalini, an agori yogi said the same, all of it is trash, all of these awakenings etc.
and that real kundalini is something in a totally different league.

so it isn't just my opinion, plus ive done heavy psychedelics and have done meditation, and
had these 'kundalini' experiences what these newagers have said and let me tell you, it really isn't kundalini,
ive had all that scary experience, felt like i transcended my body, feelings of energy rushes and just crazy nonsense,
but guess what? there's no gain in it, the newagers are still retarded idiots who are still blind, when yogis who have such an experienced are truly liberated from the affairs of life. its best to accept the fact that it's all closed information, than to roleplay around like an idiot, throwing money at these orange-robed 'gurus'.