What does Veeky Forums think of the 2017 Ford Fusion Sport?

What does Veeky Forums think of the 2017 Ford Fusion Sport?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yxJ3PWhQ3p8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Currently my favorite mid-size sedan coz AWD and EcoBoost

>2017
>Ford

>ford automatic transmission
>ford AWD system
>ford 2.7 ecoboost

which do you want to fail first senpai?

hope you like your ford dealership

4wd, 325hp, halfway luxury interior for under $40k

>tries to be sporty
>no manual transmission
>shitty modern car design
it's trash

Yeah I get it's not a rwd $2000 Veeky Forums approved sports car, but for a sporty sedan that can be used year round and also have some zip that's not an audi it's not bad

>not RWD
>no V8
>fwd-biased AWD
>meh interior
>$40k for a non-V8 American car

Would rather buy a charger R/T

My point of the 4wd is winter driving. I live in northern Indiana and rwd would be usable only 8 months of the year

A charger RT would be slower and it's interior is disgusting.

its expensive. damn near 40 grand

It's also really fast for its price range.

if they can fix their shitty autos/dct/cvt shit and make a wagon version with a quality interior (like f-150 plat/lariat level) I'd love it. always wait for the first model year to fuck off then see if they fix shit

Almost thought it was an Aston Martin at first glance.

snow tires.

Does it have the silly clutch-based rear "drive unit" that rarely does anything like the Focus RS?

MMnmn dude

used A4 better.

>coming to Veeky Forums for opinions
It's faster than 95% of the cars here so that's why they're triggered.

It's not sporty. It has shit for brakes and would terrible around a track. It has good acceleration in a straight line so a middle aged cuck and get his wee wee up when he hits the gas.

>it has shit brakes
Any evidence to back these claims? No? Didn't think so.

fiesta ST has/had shit stock brakes for track work.

You just come in from stupid town?

So you don't have evidence at all? Just autistic speculation.

>ASTON GRILLE
>No manual
>$40,000 for a tarted up aston fusion
>heavy
>NO MANUAL

>WORLD WAR I + TEN DECADES
>FORD
>EVER

Name a better sedan in the price range.

I don't need to speculate. It's a boring midsize sedan with more power.

>spend money engine, drivetrain, interior and shitty gadgets
>use brakes that are just adequate for normal driving to cut costs
All manufacturers do it.

used Chebby SS.

Glad to see you're still talking out of your ass.

>used
So there isn't a new sedan that's better?

Any Audi sedan made in the last decade.
Any AMG made in the last decade
Chevy SS
Cadillac CTS-V sedan

Or you could be sensible and get a V6 Accord or Camry. With $35,000 I'm sure you can find a manual one. At least the engine won't grenade itself after a year

All those sedans cost more than 40k.

Maybe if you want to be driven everywhere in the back of a tow truck.

nice meme, m8

If you don't particularly care about gas mileage it is a good daily driver. For the money you get a new, well kitted out car with the best available engine, a "competitive" car (German), would either be near a base model or used.

I'll agree with you that AWD is a stupid waste of money but any transmission made these days will easily get over 200,000 mi without any maintenance. Usually by the time a car gets over 200,000 mi they look so ratty it comes time to move on to something new. If you don't get 200,000 it is because you did something stupid to it.

Go back to your cave.

>going 200,000 miles without so much as changing your trans fluid
I seriously fucking hope you guys don't do this

>that belt line

>the Ford Falcon has been sitting in Australia for 20 years waiting for Ford USA to let Ford Australia import it

>they chose a Spanish car instead

Seriously, its the V8 youve all been asking for...

>they chose a Spanish car instead

what

Ford fusion is made in Spain

Its true
Ford USA/Mex make barely any
Most are made in the spanish mondeo plant and exported to the US for fusion badges

the more you know

OP here
Many valid points. Many dumb baseless claims. Standard Veeky Forums thread.

I looked at audis but maintenance is too expensive, ford fusion maintenance will be much cheaper here in the states. And I'd prefer to buy from a US car manufacturer (even though the plant they're made at is out of country)
Also, family member works at a ford dealership so family discount is a plus.

Chevy SS is around $10k more expensive, and I don't need a v8, v6 is just fine for my taste. Having kids soon so needs to be somewhat practical.

I've driven a manual all my life, I want something sporty I can have a little fun in, but not looking for a track car

Didn't finish my statement. Driven manual all my life, manuals are great and fun, but auto will be easier with young kids in the backseat

Ugly, unrefined, fat brother of xj jag with no class whatsoever. German competitors maybe twice as expensive, but they are 10 times better.

Well i hope Australia gets them and many other American fords next year. However I'm pretty sure we will just get whatever shitboxes Changan Ford make
R.I.P. Good aussie fords

you love cocks in your ass, too.

The ones sold in America are made in Flat Rock, Michigan

keep telling yourself that cuck. shifting gears is just as easy by yourself as it is with kids in the car.

>but auto will be easier with young kids in the backseat
??

Can everybody agree that American cars are a fucking joke?

>American cars are a joke

Snek would like a word with you

>I'll agree with you that AWD is a stupid waste of money but any transmission made these days will easily get over 200,000 mi without any maintenance. Usually by the time a car gets over 200,000 mi they look so ratty it comes time to move on to something new. If you don't get 200,000 it is because you did something stupid to it.
This! I agree so much to this and I try saying this to people and they shit on me. Come on people, just do the regular maintenance every week for just 10 mins or even 5 mins and you can keep it upto 500k if you want!

Subaru Legacy

Look at a Charger R/T Scat Pack if AWD isn't a requirement. Otherwise I'd just get a Chevy SS.

The Fusion Sport strikes me as a "compromise car" that isn't good at being anything other than a alternative to an Accord with AWD.

>youtube.com/watch?v=yxJ3PWhQ3p8
Look at this savagery.

It's a soap bar that's sad because it melted slightly