I'm looking to buy a good looking sports car I can drive daily, in the sub-20k range

I'm looking to buy a good looking sports car I can drive daily, in the sub-20k range.

I like many BMW & Audi models and Porsche 987 boxster/cayman, I also like Japanese sports cars, 1990s MR2 as a prime example. But I want the most reliable vehicle possible, with low maintenance as well because this will be my first car, though I have driven other cars before.

Is a 2009 370z the best candidate?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t6nV12oMIm4
dailymotion.com/video/x2mst5p_saturn-commercial-that-s-a-saturn_auto
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Honestly, these are the best cars for what you want:
Mazda MX-5 Miata
Saturn Sky
Pontiac Solstice

so the 370z is not as good a choice as those? I'm not very fond of American cars besides the big 3 muscle cars.

bump

>Off by one

Subaru WRX if you can find a non-riced one. (Hard task I know)

Much better than a convertible or a coupe when you want to get your groceries, and also great if you live in a place with bad weather.

the new generation WRX (2015) looks nice. is it simple to maintain? I'd like the least amount of problems, even if I have to drop the german brands. I don't mind routine maintenance though.

the german brands are shite

drop all except porsche

The Kappa Twins (Solstice/Sky) are great sports car bargains.
>double wishbone suspension at all 4 corners
>entire rear diff/axle/suspension from Cadillac CTS, so bulletproof rear diff unlike other cars it compete with
>transmissions from Chevy Colorado, with slightly different gear ratios, so again, bulletproof.
>2.4L or 2.0L Turbo ecotec engines that are, again, bulletproof.
>Turbo models can out-accelerate a Porsche Boxster
The only downsides are the manual ragtop, and the lack of any usable trunk space.

>le german reliability meme

kill yourself

get an E46 M3 in good condition OP

>first car
>porsche bmw audi
>MR2 (kek)

shoot yourself

C5 corvette is better all over, more reliable, and cheaper. Also gets better mpg.

370z are for boyracer faggots. There are faster cars stock and your modding dollar will go way further on a mustang or corvette or something else.

t. poor person

Not OP, but I really hate the saturn sky. Drove it once and it was awful. Maybe it was just the particular one I drove but it was utterly terrible.

It was probably that particular car.
Even when comparing a base model N/A 2.4L, the Japanese preferred the Kappa twins to the Miata.
youtube.com/watch?v=t6nV12oMIm4

>boyracer faggots
>immediately jumps into benchracing with no actual facts
Ok

This
Buy a fucking Camry OP

OP here. Forgot to mention, the car needs to look expensive so I can get pussy without trying

I think that will work, how much are they?

Just buy a fucking miata

C6/c5 corvette

Veloster

It's not benchracing. The VQ37 does not respond well to mods. Sure you can throw an exhaust and tune on it but to gain a lot of power you're looking at forged internals and forced induction.

depends on if yu want the turbo model or not. Base model 2.4L can be found under 10. Turbo's are usually 13-14k at the lowest. Pic is a 2.4L non-turbo model.
>Yfw that's a Saturn Sky
dailymotion.com/video/x2mst5p_saturn-commercial-that-s-a-saturn_auto

>faster cars stock
370z with manual does 0-60 in 4.5-5.1 sec
Just as fast or faster than a shittastic mustang from the same year

Dont listen to this faggot OP, 370 is a good car and easy to maintain (dat vq). Plus you wont spin out at every turn

Thanks, I was looking for this kind of reassurance for my choice.

>Le rear subframe crack man
Bmw """""reliability"""""" at its finest

is there any actual reliable "modern" BMW?

Mind you for sub-20k OP can only afford the roadster.