twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Would this be a good first bike?

newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/mcy/5725367417.html

yes

sure, youll learn loads while you push around a broken bike

>cleaned my bike earlier today
>summer rain outta nowhere
>bike is moist

At least water spots wipe off easily enough.

>broken
>serviced last week by Fast by Ferracci and running perfectly.

snowcat nobike nutswinger detected

you seem awfully defensive m8

Are there different sizes of swingarm spools and how do I find out what size I need?

>$20,000
>NYC
>first bike
Kill yourself.

No but really, do not buy that as a first bike. You will (WILL) fuck up your first bike. You can get an ungodly, unholy machine for $20,000. That is a collector's item. Buy a shitty dual sport from the early 2000's for 300 dollars, ride it for 6 months, fuck it up, limiter bash it, drop it, and learn. Learn.

Learning on a $20,000 Ducati collector's item is the worst idea.

I'm gonna fuck it up again for you next thread.

Noticed this a little while ago. Is someone trying to jack my shit?

Yes. Google

Thats how it is meant to be

No you just suck at putting your keys in.

Who the hell sells a working DS that will run for 6 months for sub 1000, let alone 300?

Domo user

only towards busriders like you who pulls shit out of your ass Get fucked fat boy, that ducati was serviced by a reputable Ducati dealer, probably one of the best Ducati dealers in the united states, but buffoons like you wouldnt know that becuase you're too busy swinging off swowcat's ball hairs.

Just a little hyperbole.

The point I'm making is that starting on a shitbike is a good idea so that you don't make a beginner's mistake on a $20,000 Ducati.

Can someone explain to me how this whole "power band" thing works? My bike supposedly has a top speed of 160 MPH, but I can chill in 6th gear around 75 MPH and I'll be at 8k-9k RPMs or so. You're really telling me that the next 6k is going to get me to 160mph? (red line at 14k)

It wasn't like that before though.

Not the scratches, and yeah I guess I do. The top tab is bent in is what I mean.

Reposting from old thread

Is this guy overcharging, and should I be worried about all the aftermarket shit on it? How much would you offer for this bike?

tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/mcy/5715968982.html

I think it might have been bait user

Another question, I am taking my bike to a self serve car wash tomorrow. How do I ensure that my tires wont be slippery as fuck and I make it back home in one piece? Will rinsing it hard with water be good enough?

What about doing a hectic burnout so at least one wheel is dry?

Power band has nothing to do with that. Either their speed is wrong, your speed is wrong, or top speed is way the fuck past red line.

In my opinion, that is a completely reasonable price for a bike that has obviously been well maintained. Half of these aftermarket 'mods' aren't really mods as much as they are part of the general maintenance protocol. Steel braided brake lines, sprockets, and chain are all supposed to be replaced anyways so this guy did you a favor doing that already before even 10,000 miles. Integrated turn signals are nice so if you drop the bike they wont break off.

Ask if he has the stock exhaust and double check the title actually is clean. It's a good buy

Ride carefully for the first km or so? A bit of soap wont kill them.

You really can't avoid getting soap or that water shedding coating shit on your tires if you also want to wash your wheel, which you should.

Just wash everything normally, spray the living piss out of your tires and brakes, and then ride a little easy for about 10 miles. You might slip around a little but those coatings are really thin.

You never ride over wet ground or in the rain?

Thats how it is meant to be. The keyhole cover slides over and it needs the bent there to guide it. It was most prob smaller before but you are a rough cunt and pushed it it more.

newyork.craigslist.org/brk/mcy/5731169071.html

how about this?

or this

hartford.craigslist.org/mcy/5700967212.html

Algebra is hard.
>0 revs = 0 mph
>8k revs = 75 mph
>14k revs = 131.25 mph
>160 mph = 17k revs

Seems a little unrealistic.

Offer him 3k and a KFC bucket

>butthurt ducutti fanboy fag
been riding for 20 years, thanks for all that projection though.

nigga stop LYIN u dont eem own a bike fham

>riding for 90 centuries
>no proof to back up statements

show us your god machine, nerd. You like to talk shit, now I want to see your jap scrap. Fucking brainwashed fucking idiot.

Good bike, reliable, no vices, gentle powerband and run forever. They fit tall people well.

I wouldn't give over 2500 for one since it's a 650. I owned one and liked it and have worked on other airheads. Good machine to learn to do your own work on, but there won't be much.

As attractive as this is (lol boxer engine in a motorcycle, lol shaft final drive)...
This is pretty ideal. Hondas will tolerate you doing extremely stupid shit without breaking or killing you. It's cheap and you won't have to feel bad if you drop it. And maintenance is very inexpensive when compared to a vintage BMW.

The world of motorcycles is full of some extremely sexy shit. I know how tempting it is to go out and buy the perfect bike because you can afford it. Bikes are not like cars though. There is a huge amount of skill involved even in just dicking around on city streets. The tolerance for mistakes is low, meaning that you don't really have to fuck up that hard for things to go wrong. And the penalty for error is very high, meaning that if you do fuck up and drop your bike, you just minimum destroyed all of your plastics, probably scraped up your engine covers, maybe ripped off a few of your levers and maybe bent your handlebars. Motorcycles are hard. But they're so worth it.

I'm not trying to scare you out of bikes, I just really don't want another person to buy a nice machine, love it like it's their right fucking arm, and then low side it into a parking bollard because they mashed the front brake during a turn. That hurts. Motorcycles shouldn't hurt. They should be (and are) fun.

And for the love of all that is good and holy, buy a nice helmet.

Made in 2001 but looks like its straight outta the 80's.

Cutting edge tech.

assuming the red line is 14-16 like most bikes that sounds about right actually.

all this anger... you should go see a therapist.
no one should get so buttflustered over literally nothing.
id post proof but then id have to deal with faggots like you when i post my shit.
jesus that is an ugly heap

Just post your cruiser. I like cruisers.

>sure, youll learn loads while you push around a broken bike

Ducati forums are good places to learn which Ducks are more reliable than others but if you have that kind of money maintenance and repair bills don't matter. Hand it back to the dealer and enjoy your wealth.
Only plebs care about what shit costs. Buy an MV and a Guzzi and rotate between them.

spotted today.
youtu.be/NKPK_JRHLqA

Yeah, I was wrong. I just double checked, 9k in 6th has the speedometer reading 102mph.

Total noob here, or I think you bikers call us squids? Anyway, looking at getting my license this week, as I have strongly been considering a bike for a while. My question is, what is this style of bike called in OP? I love it, it looks awesome. I'm not really into the chopper/harley davidson style bikes and crotch rockets are plastic blobs. I was looking at a used Ducati Monster, but I'd like to know what other similar options are.

Did you mock his chicken stripz?

The bike in OP is called a special snowflake bike.

At 14k then?
>0 rpm = 0 mph
>9000 rpm = 102 mph

So.
>14000 rpm = 158.67 mph

Dead on as far as gearing is concerned. You might have a little fun getting there with drag and shit though.

no crusiers, im not that geriatric yet.

>joke
>your head

I wonder if current graphics will ever seem this gloriously fucking tacky.

Those 2007-whatever CBR600RRs look like ass already mind you.

you have shit taste lad

That style is called a naked bike or a supernaked. They're quite nice.

The "plastic blob" shit is called fairings, and all of that is basically just a giant windshield to cut down air resistance. Fairings are also a comfort thing. Wind can fatigue you pretty quickly. They're not absolutely required, but they're nice to have.

>squids
A squid is someone who rides around with no gear and no regard for safety of themselves or others. They're also usually pretty unskilled.

The origin of the term is from the acutal aquatic animal. They're weird and naked, can go really fast in a straight line, but can't turn.

Yes buy it

Give me hub center steering or give me death!

07 Aprilia Tuono 1000R

MUH DICK

these semen demons look so good without their fairings.

no, to be fair i wouldn't be hotting corners hard on such a ragged looking bike.
90s extreme are the best paint schemes human kind will ever receive.

What are the benefits of this?

>Drum brakes

Ayy lmao!

theres literally nothing wrong with drum brakes you misogynistic shit lord

>nobike

+10 atk against invid troopers.

good looks

>Bycicle tires
>Tiny engine
>Drum brakes

Ayy lmao!

meme yourself my man!

youtube.com/watch?v=o57JwibqCb8

for normal street use sure, for race applications discs will do better

>nobike

You forgot
>single spine frame
I wouldn't go over 40 on that thing.

Better braking/suspension stability in corners/looking cool

This man is trying to meme me probably rides the bus! Sad!

Different user here
Single shock cafe racers just tend to be ugly because there's too much empty space between the rear and the tire. I didn't like the first pic either.

>clipons that far below whatever the shit is sticking out of the triple clamp
That doesn't seem physically possible to ride properly.

he literally does not own a motorcycle

youtube.com/watch?v=o57JwibqCb8

here it is being ridden with its fairing.

>6 cylinder 250
WHY DOES NOBODY DO THIS ANYMORE FUCK

>that sound
I NEED IT

Assuming they can.

Indian=sexy

>brother going to buy a 150 2t instead of a 250 2t like a man
he doesn't understand logical reasoning. It's pretty much the same as his 250 4t but 5kg lighter

Should I get an XR650R?

>2t
>4t

wat?

look herethey have a top speed of 150mph

petrolicious.com/honda-rc166

2 stroke 4 stroke

Alrighty /dbt/, I just got a heavily used 1982 Yamaha xt125 for free. It doesn't run but it did when parked, and it will be running by Tuesday. My buddy is a motorcycle mechanic and he's going to whip it into shape for me. How did I do? Are they nice bikes for a learner? I just plan on using it in the fields on my farm and maybe running to town on the grids. What are better used street legal dirt bikes?

How experienced are you?

yes

Brought a 1st year gpzr for $1000.
Been working on it for 3 weeks now.
The wrenching is getting to me in this heat.
Post fast 80's bikes

You got a free bike man, it's all good.

Dr650

The memes have affected his brain.

Whose dick do I need to suck to get a 6 cylinder 250?

Fuck the MC22. This shit is crazy.

Small yellow dick

Oh it was engineered before they even knew what riding properly was, right then.

Post ridiculous engines.

youtu.be/a-DtdKJu5k4

Oh shieet I missed that. Didn't realize it was the 6 cylinder, those are insane.

>redline is 18,000 RPM @56 hp
>18,000
>18 thousand
>on a 4 stroke 250
godamn honda, why are your modern bikes so boring compared to this

:^)

can someone explain this why is it crazy? is it hard to do today?

Why don't you have a DR650 yet?