What initially sparked your interest in cars? Let me guess: anime and video games right?

What initially sparked your interest in cars? Let me guess: anime and video games right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FqT2uOa1-d0
youtube.com/watch?v=WX8Zn9ruB4w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Someone made a joke about sitting on their shift knob so I did it and ruptured my anus.
Felt good all the way up until I tried to shift.

Goddamn it Corey

Literally Initial D. Get mad.

I played assetto corsa a lot. I started studying how cars worked from a youtube guy called Engineering Explained. I really enjoyed his videos because they were very technical with some math that I like while also being very simple in their execution. I learned a lot of little things in between about my tire traction, scrub radius and suspension parts/calculations. I learned how turbos and transmissions worked from that channel too. Its just a plethora of information I really wish I didn't have a lot of debt right now or I'd actually invest in learning more by buying some good condition car out of the 90's just to play with and work on

my dad

Seeing the corvette get outperformed around a track.

this desu

here come the angry assblaster chard normie fucks

I got my first car

Initially? Hot wheels cars, Beetle adventure racing, hot wheels turbo racing, Legos, model cars, etc. Later on it was Gran Turismo and Forza. And even later than that was Initial d.

buying a car that i liked.

>in highschool, friend tells me about Audi RS6
>decide i want an A4 really bad
>don't know shit about cars (don't know drivetrain layouts, engine specs, transmissions)
>finally have the money so i buy a FWD automatic A4
>new friend at work has a 450hp Evo 8
>educates me
>still enjoy my car for what it is but become completely woke to automotive engineering

My cousin had one of the Tokyo Extreme Racer games for his PS2, whenever I would stay over I would play it all night until the sun came up, I was never into Gran Turismo as I never had it nor did he.

Ever since I could remember things I've been interested in cars. Loved hot wheels and need for speed games up to the age of 15, when I started considering studying the mechanical functions of automobiles and turning it into a career.

my dad.
>always bought crappy used cars, i mean junkers that were beat up
>we get stranded three times on highway, once miles away from home
>decide I want to learn about cars so I can fix my own and know how to buy a good used one

then there's the want to get my first car.

and then there's also, Veeky Forums:

>be coming here for 10 years for /v/, Veeky Forums, /g/, and /vr/
>need/want a car
>"oh hey Veeky Forums also has an auto board"
>click "Veeky Forums"
>its Veeky Forums for cars

and I was sold that very day
ty based Veeky Forums

When I got my first job after college and had to move out of Los Angeles and into the rural Midwest where I could no longer rely on public transport.

> implying I give a shit
Cars aren't some super special hobby and you aren't a special snowflake for liking them
No one cares how you began to like them in the first place

Motorcycles actually

Wow man I like this thread though

This. Driving sparked my interest in cars.

Second this

My dad restored a 67 Camaro when I was a kid. I "helped" and got into cars because of it

Holy shit kill yourself.

dad did drag racing when I was a kid

hung out with people who were really into cars

Always liked them.

I started working on one and it was kinda fun, so I kept going.

This

You fucking autists

that's beautiful, user :')

Gran Turismo and WRC

Initial D renewed my interest.

Wrong faggot I grew up playing with hot wheels and also had those electric toy race track where you race the cars with the controller since I was a toddler and as I got older my interest in cars grew then and I wanted to learn about cars as much as I could

Since earlier than I can recall. Maybe my first ride in one...

Doing research for my first car.

Actually buying a cool car i enjoyed.

The shitboxes never inspired any interest in cars

then i got a fun rwd convertible and got hooked on car stuff

I saw an Evo IV when I was 4.

It also gave me a taste for rice. Fuckhuge spoilers and vented bonnets are my fetish.

>tfw forcing your car to be fun
There's only so much you can do in a 3000lb FF 4 cyl automatic though.
At least my car is faster than toyobarus.

my mother had a shit car, it was always breaking, when it worked she took me places, when it was broke I was stuck in the house.

My uncle was a mechanic, from age 6 he showed me how to fix my mum's shit car. I wanted to go places so I kept on fixing the shit car while I was growing up to go places.

Became a mechanic, certified, car's became a meme, now work in telecoms, but still tinker.

Pity.

youtube.com/watch?v=FqT2uOa1-d0

This, my dad is a "car" guy and has been working on a Studebaker Avanti forever, as well as a plethora of other Studebakers.

He also unironically loves Initial D after I showed it to him.

My dad would take me to autocross events since 3 years old. Its also how i developed a love for Mini's and BMWs

Yo dawg, Tokyo Xtreme Racer for the Dreamcast and PS2 were what got me into it

My dad. He was known very well for being a good mechanic. Since at the time my mom and dad had split custody he'd take me a few times with him when he had to do work on cars. I always saw him as my role model until i found out the horrible truth of how much of a piece of shit he was. When he died when i was 8, i didn't really care. I promised myself I'd carry on his legacy of being the best mechanic in the neighborhood. I'm costanty doing work on my trucks and a lot people go to me to daignose and fix their cars, but when it comes to fixing them i always refuse because deep down I'm afraid to fall short of my dad. He could fix anything I'm afraid i won't be able to fix something so I'm scared to even try. Even though people ask me to perform work that I've done a hundred times before i decline in fear I'll mess up their vehicle and they will think im a bad mechanic. Fuck you dad why did you ruin my mechanical ambition.

Pic related is what i did a couple days back. I also did some work today that isnt really worth mentioning.

Gran Turismo, I became a Hondafag because of it.
youtube.com/watch?v=WX8Zn9ruB4w

I'm learning to drive right now, I'm 20 and liked cars but not super duper into them yet. Just learning everything about them myself. One family member is a mechanic so that's nice.

No idea. My mega Autism brain has been obsessed with cars and trucks longer than I can remember.

pls tell me you went back and put that split pin in properly, and one on that other Castellated nut, pls.

Yes lol, this was just after i slapped everything on. I was still aligning everything when i took the pic. I torqued everything to spec and made sure all castle nuts had properly fitting cotter pins kek relax mate

>he died when i was 8,
>fuck you dad

so much edge

also nice S10 4.3l or blazer

you rustled my autism. Other than that, keep up the good work mang.....

You don't even know what kinda shit he did m8. He would beat my brother (he was fucking like 10 years old maybe even younger) just because he belonged to a different father. He'd beat my mom which i didn't even know until recent. My brother fucking absolutely loathed me growing up because of my father. My mom still uses him as the largest insult possible. And my father would always just use me to spite my mom. For example whenever my mom wanted to take us out somewhere fun like say we were planning a trip to Disney land or some shit he'd demand custody of me and he'd just drop me off at my grandmas house and get drunk. Whilst my mom would be having a blast with the rest of the family. He'd then drop me off and force me to tell her that we had so much fun spending time together when I'd hardly even see him. He started a new family. I went to visit him at his new house with his mew family. (His daughter was due the same day) he told me to stay with my grandma, hed be right back he just wanted to visit his wife and the newborn baby. He NEVER came back. My grandma ended up putting me on a bus to back to my moms and they both disappeared out of my life forever. When i was 16 i got a phone call saying my father had passed. I didn't give a shit. He made me the ugly duckling in my family. Everytime any family speaks to my mom i always over hear them ask her if she isn't afraid I'll end up just like my father. Would you not hate someone that has caused your own family that you've known your whole life technically hate you? If you say you wouldn't hate him too then YOU'RE the edgy one

dude.

???

Gran turismo 4

We're gonna make it bruh...

i'm not that other poster, was just feels is all man.

I need a late night drive now. I'll probably hit the nearby mountians just 15mins north of my house.

That was just a few things he did. He was a very bad person. Too many examples to list really. The crazy part about it, is when you're young you don't see the truth. You don't see anything wrong with what they do. I remember one night i stayed up late. I didn't now how to tell time at the time, but i just remember my dad would come home from work when the smurfs came on, so i decided to hide and surprise him when he came home. Well he got home, and i jumped out to surprise him and he got mad at me. Asked me why the fuck am i up so late. Called me a piece of shit and went to sleep. That broke my heart as a child. But i still didn't see anything wrong, as a kid, when your parent yells at you, you can't help but feel like somehow you did something wrong. And its all your fault. I can go on and on about this guy. But it'd just be too much man

Living in a redneck and beaner town and growing up in the Fast and Furious era

Jesus Christ you're a faggot.

Watching my dad fix his Peugeot 504 when I was really small (early 1980s)

Always was into cars since I remember.
Gran Turismo just sparked it further.

Dad was a rally driver and had a mad passion for his Delta Integrale

brosifine pls go

my dad and hot wheels. some vidya. then autism once i learned how to work on cars

>initially
heh.

Veeky Forums, anime, and videogames

Getting my own. I find it hard to put passion behind some project unless I personally feel invested in it, and having a car of my own helped me get interested in working on cars rather than just doing routine maintainence because I had to.

When I was a kid my family never could afford any cool or nice cars, but my dad played a lot of Gran Turismo and GT2, and racing against him was some of the best fun I had as a kid.

So yeah, it was vidya, sue me.

I fell in love with cars before I could drive, fuck me right?

Man, you need to tell someone all that shit or it will be with you forever.

It's easy to say "don't hold grudges" and shit, but really bro, go talk to someone and get some clarity.

GTA5 got me into cars

i never gave a shit about them until I started customizing the shit out of them in gta5. seriously, there are so many options in that game, I showed it to my dad who is a big carfag and all he does is customize cars

Model cars. I've been into cars since I started playing with them when I was 4.

Grandparents was gifted a brand new SUV around 2001. Pretty much sparked my interest in cars because it was like a special occasion for us.

My dad, he took me to plenty car shows and bought me all sorts of toy cars when i was a kid. He originally got me into muscle cars and classic cars, but over the years i changed interests.

well i don't know where it started. but i do remember where it took off. i used to play allot of GTA SA when i was 12 or so. and i eventually found out about skin mods. and sometime later i found this car.. a Ford Model A skin mod. i installed it and never drove another car again in that game. so some day i decided to learn more about it as it became my dream to own one of these in the future. started reading books, looking at schematics, ect... since then i've always been busy with mechanics and now own a 1954 ford prefect :D it's a resto project tough, but i feel lucky that i learned all that shit so early so restoring has become an easy thing for me.

My dad named me after Ayrton Senna, so i didnt really have a choice. He also has a Formula Ford 1600 that's just sat in his garage since i was born and i always loved sitting in it when i was a kid.

If Initial D got you into cars, are you even old enough to drive yet?

Pic related did it for me

I don't know, but by the age of 2 I could point on the logo and say 'Mishumichi!' and by three I was asking my mom about what engine configuration cars in the mall parking lot had.

Had literally no interest in cars, primarily because of anime and video games, always felt that I never needed one, never went out with friends as all the friends I had in high school were the same type of faggots, school then Vidya rinse and repeat. Was too much of a fuck to get a job in high school, looking back should have. Ended up getting into cars after walking to and from college bus stops for the last couple years, public transportation is shit. Would still be walking now if it werent for my father Running his car to 200k miles and giving a big ass truck a love tap. So he upgraded and now I have an old 06 325i, working to get the fender fixed.

If you were 8 when the initial d animated series began, you'd be 26 right now.

My father wasn't a nu-male cuck.

Always been interested since I was a kid. Went on to do electronic engineering at university, too, so I guess engineering and machinery is just me. Never even watched a Chinese Cartoon and always sucked at Gran Turismo 2 on my PS

Oh Jesus how time passes

I got tired of risking my life on two-wheeled transportation on country roads.
The bus actually goes by my job, but so intermittent that I was forced to get there by other methods.

Now I get to work without being cold, wet and wide-eyed from almost being run over by a car that thinks overtaking on a single lane roads while I am driving my scooter in the opposite lane is a good idea, sideview mirror bumping my arm and all.

>father is a mechanic
>motor racing was always on TV
>always had hot wheels and other toy cars
>the original GT
>nfsu2

They're pretty much the main contributors to what gave me the biggest passion for cars

In the space of about 12 months;

Got Gran Turismo 2 due to general vidya hype
Fast and the Furious came out
Gone in 60 seconds came out
Discovered Initial D
Got my first paddock basher

My mum and dad. They had a Subaru at one time - the sound was glorious.

Pretty much this

feels good growing up with a boxer engine with 4WD, although ours were mounted in the rear

>GT2
>NFSU2 + Burnout 3
>Top Gear
>Dad's car

The above always held my interest in cars, and Initial D and Tokyo Drift ignited it I guess.

Grand Theft Auto and Midtown Madness, really liked the looks and sounds of cars from an early age, didn't care for them at all during my teenage years but that changed when I got my first car.

They got my life back on track too, from having no life goals to working hard to buy/modify cars.

Seeing a HQ SS for the first time when I was 3, along with the Monaro and many Valiants my parents owned.

The one and only

Aside from the videos where he explains the engineering behind certain parts, his videos are shit.

Agreed. Dude also has that "please punch me as hard as possible" face/voice combo

I never saw the full pic of this other than just the close up of his face.

Hot Wheels and DAYTOOOOOOONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~!

Dad bought Tokyo Drift DVD and I loved it a lot. Then I bought NFS Carbon and started playing it like a mofo. Then it was a rise from there. Dad bought a 2010 Mustang GT and I love being in it. Now I drive a 1995 Camry because poor college fag.

My mom's Grey imported Nissan GTI-R Pulsar. She registered it as a Grey Pulsar T top. Goddamn my 3 year old self would lose my shit every time she launched that fucker.

Aaaahhhhh yeeaahh that shit was cash. She had to get rid of it when my other brothers came along and we all couldn't fit. ;_;

Correction, it was Grey imported but the hatch was silver. Shitty sentence formating.