Every year, my family heads up to visit my Grandparents in Wisconsin and see the local Oktoberfest

Every year, my family heads up to visit my Grandparents in Wisconsin and see the local Oktoberfest.
It's been going on for generations, and my Oma will regularly tell stories about when she visited as a little girl in the 1950s.

One time, she claims that she met a very old man who was selling paintings at the fair.
All she remembers is that his name was something like "Mr. Shickle" and he had very pretty eyes.
He must have been a famous artist, because all of the adults there treated him like a celebrity.
Despite this, she remembers that he seemed very sad, almost like he had lost something very dear to him.
He seemed to take a liking to my young Oma though (she was a cute girl, blonde hair and blue eyes), he gave her this special coin (pic related) and taught her a few words in Spanish.

Unfortunately, she never saw him again, and her memory isn't exactly trustworthy these days (she claims that he left in a "flying saucer" that evening, silly old bird)

Can somebody help me figure out more about this "Mr. Shickle" and the origin of this coin?

I would really appreciate it. Oma is turning 70 this year, and I'd like to get the coin framed, possibly along with one of the paintings.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redstone_Arsenal
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Paperclip
military-awards.eu/germany-ww2/1-allgemeine/allgemeine-11.htm
military-awards.eu/germany-ww2/1-allgemeine/images/11/wo-wg20j-v.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Unique bait. Don't see any takers tho

Does she really say the part about the flying saucer? Why not post the paintings? That picture's stock quality makes this post seem fake.

I should also mention, when I was a kid, I found a helmet like that in my Grandparents' attic, but my Opa refused to talk about it.

dude, hitler lmao

I'm going solely off of her memory, unfortunately. No paintings.

>dude every german is hitler lmao

Fuck off. My Opa came here after the war, and he had to deal with a ton of dipshits like you bullying him in the schoolyard, despite the fact that his own Dad ended up working for NASA and helped get us to the moon.

Oh, I know this one: you think it's from his days as an electrician because of the logo on it?

> despite the fact that his own Dad ended up working for NASA and helped get us to the moon.
LITERAL

NAZI
A
Z
I

Mr. Shickle was your real grandpa.

No, he was a chemist, like his uncle.

My condolences, your oma was most probably raped by mr Adolf Hitler and you're the son of that rape baby
You're Hitler Jr Jr
You're opa is so deadly ashamed of you he refused to talk about the helmet that Hitler placed on your cumdripping loli oma's head after filling her up with his seed
So sorry

Shut the fuck up about Hitler.

When my Great Grandfather moved here to build rockets, he had to swear that he had never been a Nazi, and even changed his name so people would stop accusing him of being one.

I highly doubt that the U.S. government would let Nazis into something as important as NASA.

Low effort bait. Could've at least found a non-indexed image.

So sorry, he sounds like a nazi
Denying it that much, even going as far as changing his name
What is he hiding?
Have you ever confronted him about this, asked him straight how many jews he gassed? Did he rape many of them on the camps? Was it fun to destroy Europe?
Your gramps is an evil man, user, shoot him for all goodness' sake
Go push a pillow on his face right now

He helped design and build the Redstone rocket.
What have you done?

>The JIOA worked independently to circumvent President Truman's anti-Nazi order and the Allied Potsdam and Yalta agreements, creating false employment and political biographies for the scientists. The JIOA also expunged the scientists' Nazi Party memberships and regime affiliations from the public record. Once "bleached" of their Nazism, the scientists were granted security clearances by the U.S. government to work in the United States. The project's operational name of Paperclip was derived from the paperclips used to attach the scientists' new political personae to their "US Government Scientist" JIOA personnel files.

Literally a Nazi. Not even joking. This is some poor quality b8.

What the fuck? Source???

Also that

Now you, what have you done?

This is a history board where everyone knows that the Redstone project was engineered by Nazi V-2 team of Nazi engineers under Nazi Von Braum. You need to be more subtle.

relax kiddo, it was just a meme

Okay, well I'm not really convinced but this is off-topic anyway.

Can somebody help me figure out what kind of coin Mr. Shickle gave my Oma?

On the one hand, it's obvious bait. On the other, as a /pol/ack, I can't help but really want to believe it.

As for your grandmother, I'd recommend you buy some vintage German soap. Maybe a lampshade too.
1943-45 were good years for those. See if you find it on Ebay.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redstone_Arsenal
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Paperclip
You really need more subtle bait. This is common knowledge on a history board. You might be able to get away with this lack of subtlety on /b/, but if you want subtle bait on Veeky Forums you're going to have to do it about something that can't simply be found on wikipedia.

Sure, I don't know why I'm linking this since OP pic name is the same the pic on this site but whatever
military-awards.eu/germany-ww2/1-allgemeine/allgemeine-11.htm
military-awards.eu/germany-ww2/1-allgemeine/images/11/wo-wg20j-v.jpg
Will you stop this gay af charade now, faggot?

Wait, so it's literally a Nazi medal?

Why would an old painter have that?

Of course he won't stop. This is basically /pol/'s form of we wuzism.

>yawn

Guys, I think Mr. Shickle might have actually been Adolf Hitler.

Who?

>implying it wasn't Mr. Shekel

I get it. Your Oma met Hitler and he returned to the moon in a spaceship

His mother's family name does seem an awful lot like "shekel grabber"