Going speed limit

>Going speed limit
>Guy tailgating me

What's their problem?

Dunno. I ask this all the time.

Who cares try and get put of the way. I do.
I have no interest in getting rear ended

They need to take their daughter to a basketball game

>being a huge faggot worried about what's behind you

Kys

I usually just change lanes to the right. If they want to go faster it's not my problem.

Are you doing the speed limit by your speedo? If yes, speedos read over by law, so you are likely going under the actual limit.

Even if you are doing the limit, just move the fuck over so the guy can get past, you aren't the police.

What else would you go by?

If there is a way for him to pass you safely then don't do a single thing.

> guy tails my ass hard while we both behind a slow driver

> road opens up

> it turns out he was almost just as slow, his bitch ass disappears in rear view

> go to casually and respectfully pass someone
> they speed up
> open up the throttle until all 8 cylinders are screaming
> cut him off with inches to spare

>Guy wants to go faster than you
>Move over and let him by
What's the problem?

GPS, I guess?

GPS obviously.

Yes, every single road has room for you to just move over and let them pass...

If you want me to break the law and go faster, why don't you just pass me in the other lane? Clearly you don't care about the law, so go take your chances passing on a double yellow. Otherwise fuck off and stop putting yourself in a situation that could end up with the front of your car fucked.

They drill the 4 second rule into your head for a reason

My speedo reads under GPS

>driving speed limit
>I'm expected to move over for someone to break the law when there's two open lanes to the left
You move

If everyone's Speedo reads under the posted speed limit does it matter? I don't think so. How drastic of a difference is it? I doubt it's so significant that someone would tail gate you for it

Not likely unless you are driving a car from the 50s with the wrong tyres in some shithole third world country with no speedo regulation.

My car read 8km/h over at 110. So if I sat on 110 in the fast lane, id actually be doing 102km/h, pretty big difference. Now it has bigger tyres it is pretty much spot on.

It's a Saturn Ion, it only reads like 2mph off, so I don't see why all the other shitty drivers around here need to get assblasted that I'm going 70mph in the middle lane

If you're in the middle lane, then fuck them they can go around. I only get the shits with people going slow in the fast lane.

I move over or turn out to allow people to pass, and appreciate when other people move over or turn out to allow people to pass. I don't understand people that tailgate in the slow lane or cruise in the passing lane. I suppose I can understand people not turning out on mountain roads, but it's still frustrating and it wouldn't make their trip significantly longer. It would probably be less stressful trip without the knowledge that you're holding up a line of cars, though.

>What's their problem?
It's you. Just move aside, you autismal cunt.

Sometimes I tailgate people just for the sake of it, if they stubbornly keep on the right even when there's nobody to overtake.

Let me just run into this corn field so you can go a little faster...

Well, if it's a single lane just keep your speed and don't give a fuck

world peace is fucking great dude

just had this happen to me on my way home. I pulled over and the guy pulled over with me, so I waited and then pulled back onto the road, then so did the tailgater. he then put his high beams on.

One day I'm gonna get tired, get out and just shoot the fucking retards that do weird shit like this.

Nice recovery there, hot head.

>be me
>approach a red light in the right lane of a four lane road (two lanes each going respective directions)
>three cars lined up and stopped in the left lane
>gauge the timing so I can roll up to the intersection as the light turns green
>need to merge to the left as my lane will end after the light about 300m
>I'm already doing about 25mph as the light turns green
>accelerate to about 50mph in a 40mph zone so I can safely merge left
>dick face who was first in line in the left lane decides he needs to gun his shit box when he's about at my rear quarter panel
>I accelerate again because I'm being pinched by his car and my lane has already begun to end
>overtake him as I'm literally half way in the lane and half way on the shoulder at this point
>we're doing about 60mph
>he's literally close enough to the rear of my car to see if I shaved this morning
>brake check the absolute fuck out of him
>his shit ass econo car locks up as he gets a little sideways while I stroll away at the posted speed
>he recovers, speeds up and is tail gating me again
>I give no fucks as I drive at the posted speed
>Faglord eventually gives up trying to be a race car driver on a single lane country road

Fucking statists ITT

what does this insult truly insinuate

>complain about people needlessly tailgating
>hurr fucking statists

Yes, complaining that not everyone follows the posted speed limits precisely is inherently statist.

>going speed limit
>on twisty 2 lane road, no room for passing
>driving on spare
>want to keep wear down
>chucklefuck in a brotruck is tailgating me
>come up to 4 lane section
>chuckefuck passes me while extending a rude gesture out of his window
why are people in brotrucks ALWAYS impatient assholes?

Every time.
In fact multiple times just today

>night
>speeding
>guy tailgating me with those SUPER ULTRA INTENSITY HID 9000 GIGALUMENS HEADLIGHTS that are bright as the sun if it was a foot away from your retina even with the high beams off

I hope anyone who has lights like this wraps their car around a tree. You deserve to burn in hell's photosphere.

More goes into speed limits than just a random decision

>Even if you are doing the limit, just move the fuck over so the guy can get past
Why doesn't he just overtake like a normal person?

This is what you're supposed to have a sun roof and a water balloon filled with piss for

Come on, pal, I thought you were prepared.

>In political science, statism is the belief that the state should control either economic or social policy, or both, to some degree. Statism is effectively the opposite of anarchism

>Tfw my Speedo is exactly the same as my GPS speed.
Feels good.

I prefer one filled with some cig ash and water

I got two words for you dorks.

Ninja caltropes

Why don't they just go around me?
>Im really sticking it to the man by going a little over the posted speed limit

New Jersey State law, if applicable. Slow traffic moves for fast traffic, as fast traffic can't maneuver as well.

Slow traffic keeps right, which is where I would be in this situation. You fucking move and get off my ass

I don't have a problem with those lights as long as they're only bright as a sun when they have the highbeams on and they use them responsibly. But so help me god if your lowbeams are still 10x brighter than my highbeams I will want to slam you into the ditch. Worst is when the brotrucks have the lights because not only are the lowbeams super bright but since the average car sits lower than them, you get even more shafted by sitting in the angle of their lowbeams.

>Why don't they just go around me?
Usually because there's a dedicated go-around-people lane (protip: the left one), and you're blocking it.

>More goes into speed limits than just a random decision
Of course! Lots of thought goes into maximizing revenue generation, especially for townships on major thoroughfares. It's also important to keep soccer moms and HOAs happy with artificially low speed limits through and around wealthy subdivisions. It's why speed limits have stayed the same or gone down (remember "reasonable and prudent"?) despite better roads and safer cars, and why the same road suddenly becomes 5mph safer when you cross state boundaries.

Speed limits are NEVER set on a whim, like that one time congress capped all of them everywhere to 55 so they could be seen Doing Something about that oil problem. Moses himself brought them down on stone tablets from God Himself, and everyone knows His civil engineering credentials are impeccable.

Really, though, the most important thing about a speed limit is that it shuts down any need for introspection. Blocking the passing lane? Illegally changing lanes? Turning without signalling? Bouncing between the fog line and oncoming? Drifting into other lanes every time the road takes the slightest bend? Catching pokeymans and texting your boyfriend? Doesn't matter—the number on your dash is less than (your preferred amount over) the number on the sign, which means you couldn't POSSIBLY be the dipshit.

The speed limit is doubly important for robots, frogposters, and other autists who can't deal with vague heuristics like "drive predictably" or "be courteous," since those require empathy. The number PROVES it's the REST of the world that's insane, and absolves them of the need to follow any of the other rules of the road, since the OTHER rules can't be boiled down to a number and are therefore unimportant.

I relish in the fact you're fuming because I'm going the speed limit. Enjoying my drive while you're screaming.

Ya know one of the rules of the road is at least a 4 second following distance, you tailgaters seem not to follow that one

>guy tailgating me
>lane change, let him go ahead
>return to original lane
>he's now going slower than you are

I've said multiple times that I wouldn't be in any of the left lanes

>Ya know one of the rules of the road is at least a 4 second following distance
So's "keep right except to pass." You both are breaking laws, but you're the only one self righteous about being a dipshit.

Where in the world are you where every single road has a legal passing lane? Do you know what those lines on the road mean?

>revmatch down or try to coast in
>pulling up to light want to not have to come to full stop
>guy in front is texting and doesn't move for 3 seconds
>full stop

I love how NV law states if you rear end someone, you're always at fault. Just slam my brakes and let you slam into the back of me, no problem, gg no re. Claim significant injury, loss of work, and fuck up your insurance.

>come up on left lane crawler texting
>give them some time to speed up/move out of the way
>move into the right lane and begin to pass
>they speed up

Not so much a problem in the shitstang but it makes me want to rip my eyeballs out when I'm in the work truck. I got called up on for road rage because of this.