Prove to me that winter tires aren't a scam

Prove to me that winter tires aren't a scam

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=STaximkaQxo
youtu.be/elP_34ltdWI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Try driving to a ski resort with summer tires in an AWD car, then get back to me.

I sure as fuck could so it in all seasons

m.youtube.com/watch?v=STaximkaQxo

>literally me
If you know what you're doing, you could drive without them

I guarantee an AWD with all seasons would beat a RWD with winter tires

1) Sipes trap snow and create grip with snow-on-snow friction

2) Compound stays soft and grippy in frigid temperatures

3) Deeper, more aggressive tread for grip on non-smooth surfaces

No shit, but what kind of poor faggot buys all seasons? It's literally a compromise every day of the year.

Alright. Show me.

Are studded tires better? I just figured out my state doesn't ban them.

>he doesn't have a treaded car for the winter

>mfw drove to one in NM with shitty all seasons on a was f150

Really wasn't hard at all honestly, pointless argument.

Not OP btw, I actually see the value in winter tires. Just pointing out a weak argument.

Studs only work on ice

>meant 2wd f150

Fuck. That was meant for

youtu.be/elP_34ltdWI

And an AWD with winter tires would beat an AWD with all seasons.

prove to me that blizzaks arent a scam

>All These people who have never driven in snow

All seasons are not summer tires, are you people completely retarded?

>what are brakes

IDK I TOOK A HELICOPTER TO THE PEAK ONCE, WORKED FINE

they're good on smaller vehicles but bigger vehicles should just get some nice a/t tires

All seasons used to be a massive compromise but are perfectly good now. I have Michelin Cross Climates on my E46 and it drives really well in the summer and is fine on the snow and ice when winter comes.

I live in the Scottish Highlands in the arse end of nowhere, so we are talking a decent amount of snow, not a light dusting that makes cities grind to a halt.

>There are people int he world that buy summer and winter tires that dont live in climates that only have summer and winter conditions.

People like this would have been weeded out through natural selection if health care and a flawed human rights system didnt interfere.

Try driving in about a foot of snow cause the roads arnt cleared yet and the patches that are cleared are near slippery as ice

>you notice that his chain and pendant is a drain plug

That's weird, because my e46 wears RE11s in the summer and spring...and it's fucking awesome. Then in the fall and winter it wears PA4s, and it's fucking awesome.

All seasons are and will always be a giant compromise, that is literally their point of existing. You are an idiot.

Also drivetrain doesn't matter for shit when you have to slam brakes at 45 mph in 6" of snow and ice.

So you change from summer to winter tyres, and your car works. What is your point? At no point did I suggest that would not be the case.

I am saying that all seasons are less of a compromise now than they were in the past.

Those tires are not expensive at all, What are you talking about m8?

Wait are you bitching about 100 bucks a tire? That is cheap as shit.

Try finding some good 285/18s for less than 200.

any complex field can be used to trick dumb people
but at least where I live there is no need for snow tires
hardly any snow and in the few places where it does mandate snow chains that make tire choice non important

awd is the scam buddy.

If you want summer tires get winter tires also. If you have a shitbox and want one tire good all seasons work fine if they are not worn out. Winter tires are god tier in snow though and even if you only mount them to the drive wheels they help a ton.

That's what most people drive instead of having a dedicated summer and winter set. I know that most world situations dont fit into your cookie cutter internet argument, but that's just the way it is.

Anyone in here never seen snow in person? Knew a 50 year old Floridian who had never seen snow in his life. There are probably some deep southerners who think snow products are a conspiracy.

Flordafag here.
21, never seen snow. Only buy summer tires.
Woo!

I have a fwd shit box and I can say with 100% certainty that my cheap winter tires are miles better in the snow/ice/cold than my average all seasons.

There's a slight hill at lights on my way to work, and if I've been lazy and haven't gotten my Winters on yet before snow, it's ridiculous to get up that hill from a stop no matter how gentle I am on the throttle. Throw on the winter tires and it's like night and day, no problem.

That's a pretty direct comparison in nearly identical conditions, so I have all the proof I need to justify a used $200 set of winter rims. What's your excuse for risking your life?

>how americans handles a bit of snow

>How southerners handle a bit of snow.
ftfy

>be me
>Live in Florida

Not this again...

Only in the South, we're pretty good with snow up here in the Northeast.

>live in SoCal
Wew lads

the south is full of retards after all

>how europeans handles english

How Europeans handles English*

I mimicked your spelling errors, if you haven't realized what's incorrect yet:
>how americans handles a bit of snow
should become
>How Americans handle a bit of snow.
Emphasis on the "s" after "handle".
It seems like I'm being a prick about it if you type out an explanation, which is why I chose the joke route.

Summer tires all winter long here in Michigan. Never been stuck.

t. lier and busrider

We have niggers, what's new

Nope. Last 2 winters in a camaro with p zeros. Not a problem.

Tfw this is my hometown

What the fuck
What ended up happening?

as a finnish winterdrifter pro i would say that studs are the best choice for going full sideways with high speeds

but if you drive fwd shitbox and know how to anticipate you are fine with shitty studless all seasons or even summertiers

Blizzaks are a scam. After that fancy bubble rubber wears off, they're really shit tires. And it doesn't last long.

Xice3 master race

It is a fake/toy handgun.

$30 BB pistol from Walmart. Fucking ignorant americans can't even recognize a bb gun. No wonder your country is fucked.

Floridafag here, born in February in Chicago, left at 3 months old. 18 now, still never seen snow.

he
fell
for
the
winter
tire
meme
lets
laugh

They are.
Snow provides better grip than dry tarmac.

You'll be fine as long as your car has some weight to it (3500lbs+). Just leave lots of braking distance and keep your momentum on the uphills.

Winter tires make a massive difference but they're definitely not mandatory. People have been driving in winter with all seasons for decades and we haven't gone extinct yet.

>they're definitely not mandatory
They are where I come from...

do people not use tire chains anymore? since when did winter tires become a thing

Can I laugh with you?

Then you come from a village of retards and government overreach.

Would it be possible to drive a supercharged ls1 Porsche 944 with semis slicks on winter hill roads?

>live in Canada
>drive Crown Vic with LSD
>use Bridgestone Blizzaks in winter
>never slip unless I intentionally do so
>see subarus and civics in ditches on my way to and from work because "m-muh awd bro" or "m-muh fwd bro" multiple times a month

Tires make a difference. Anyone who says the opposite is a retard. No matter what drive train you have, all cars are the same under braking situations, and all drivetrains benefit from a good winter tire.

>Live in Canada
>I agree, but donut give a fuck or have money
>My new all seasons worked spectacularly last winter but I don't drive a front engine rear drive vehicle, and they're obviously going to get worse with time
>TLDR: All season means all seasons 4 me and my shitbox