google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Git gud:

>Boring webums with sounds:
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uBxMPqxJGqI
racerxonline.com/2016/08/13/bto-sports-ktm-rig-in-flames-all-nighter-to-try-to-race-tomorrow
japaneseclassics.com/vehicle/1989-honda-nsr250r/
vimeo.com/173095174
detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/mcy/5732539799.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

reminder that honda a shit

Autism

Autism

Another day another meme

ADVENTURE SCOOTER!

is this the new motogp bike

>not CR500

son I am dissapoint

cr500 isnt lams approved.
The crf450 is LAMS approved though.

You're not dead!

That's correct broham.

Liking it a lot so far. Apparently it draws more attention than I imagined, everyone looks.

Still have to do a proper mountain run with it though, so as of now it remains untested.

Yes it is. You must live in a cuck state.

I'm 5'7", would this apply to me as well? Considering getting a bike to get to and from campus. Thoughts?

You can get them rec registered, you can't actually road register them though.
same as any MX bike.

Also maybe I should buy a boat.jpg

user, that's exactly how you get rear ended on a stoplight.

Don't stop on yellows, particularly on places with fast traffic. If it turns red about one microsecond after you're about to pass through, run it.

youtube.com/watch?v=uBxMPqxJGqI

How much damage would a transmission failure do to a bike assuming you don't crash it on the spot?

If you can ride a BMX you can ride a grom.

Probably need a new transmission m8

That gold and swingarm look dangerously like Aprilia
Please tell me it's not Aprilia
>though if it does like the tmax it could net them a lot of cash
That exhaust and handguards tell me BMW PR Honda, the green trim Kawasaki...

TL;dr the fuck's that thing

Honda (lel) City Adventure

MUST CAWP

>chance of rain
>want to ride to work
>don't want rust
kill me

BIKES ARE MEANT TO BE RIDDEN

STOP BEING A FAGGIT

Alternatively, buy a bike that is already rusted.

if bike rust bike is kill

If your bike is in good condition then rain shouldnt rust it. Stop being a fagit.

Ktm is shit always catching on fire. racerxonline.com/2016/08/13/bto-sports-ktm-rig-in-flames-all-nighter-to-try-to-race-tomorrow

Good insight as to how a 600 can keep up with a liter at any skill level below pro. Bike is a '15 R1 racebike, rider is a fairly fast novice, blue is full throttle.

Which corner is the death corner?

Bottom center of the photo, but running the opposite direction. In the pictured direction I missed my braking point from hand fatigue coming up the hill and flew into the field at 90+, but I rode it out.

Where did the crash happen yesterday?

Red is the crash area, blue is where you plunge down an off camber corner and a choke point for bikes to contact, green is fast and blind over a crest. April's fatal accident was just a little further up the hill it seemed like

>discontinued
Gg Honda

The last fatal crash at Cresson before this year was in 06, a formula Mazda spun in the off camber section of the same turn and was t-boned

>clean and sync dual carbs.
>go for a short ride and slowly lose power and response
>tear it all back down and reconnect the a/f gauge
>no longer synced
Why.jpg

they discontinued the crf450?
or are you talking about the cr?

Any more news from yesterday? I'm guessing a lot of guys probably packed up after what happened.

Everyone packed up, they cancelled the rest of the day. No news report out yet

>carbs

Ive learned my lesson and my next bike will be efi. But im stuck with this hell for now.

I used to shill carburetors for years here on Veeky Forums but fuel injection really is superior. I have worked on every carbureted engine out there in both motorcycles and cars and the amount of autists that argue with me over throttle response is still unbelievable. EFI really is better in every way

Really is a heavy price to pay for a hobby.

Yup. Guy was probably young with a good head on his shoulders (no pun intended) and bright future. Grew up around motorcycling probably never fully realizing the potential consequences. I think most motorcyclists are in some kind of blind ignorance (willful or not). There really is no logical way to approach it otherwise you would end up quitting. I guess the same can be said for cars. Hopefully it was a mistake that resulted in his death, I think he mentioned unstrapped helmet or some shit. Not sure how a helmet comes off

You can't think that way, considering the risk in high speed racing the deaths occur at much lower rates than everyday random casualities.

Think of it like if it gotta happen it will happen.

The CR500. I replied to the wrong post

For $7k

Would this make a good first bike? or second bike?

japaneseclassics.com/vehicle/1989-honda-nsr250r/

Noob here buying my first bike. Is there a difference between KLX 250 and KLX250S? Googling has lead me to think no, but a listing for a 2006 KLX 250 "with street legal tags" is making me think otherwise. Please help, thanks.

cute

>sunny with a high of 103
Go away sun

>'89 bike for $7k
>good first bike

>There really is no logical way to approach it otherwise you would end up quitting.

Exactly, you have to acknowledge that there are risks involved and leave it at that. Dwelling on it creates fear, which ultimately can hinder your abilities. It just always feels like you beat the odds every time you come out in one piece.

buying a bike more than 15 years old:
>valve clearances due
>steering head bearings due
>carb rebuild due
>fork seals go around this age
>all fuel and vacuum lines gone hard
>brake calipers will seize soon
>fasteners and hose clamps corroding
>plastic fairings and wiring connectors getting fragile
>seat vinyl, footpeg rubbers, and throttle grips all worn and sunfucked

You may find the odd exception but this is generally the case for bikes this old. Avoid.

>7k
>for a honda shitbike

literally why

if you are interested in a 250 get a ninja 250 for a third of the price

>bike nearing 20 years old
>probably never serviced
Works fine senpai.

reminder that honduh a shit

i want a 2 stroke street bike doe.

ninja 250s are ugly as fuck and sound terrible

Nevermind.
Looking closer at the picture it doesn't have any blinkers or taillight (though it is plated), so I'm going to assume he meant the KX 250 instead.

>sound terrible
>considers a 2 stroke

Look for an RZ350 then, they're much cheaper. Also don't buy a two stroke race bike as your first bike.

>i want a 2 stroke bike

great, get that as your second bike. but your first bike doesn't have to be the exact one that you want

Ok, sounds good lads.

>nobike
>specifically wants a 2 smoke
Why?

Why not?

vimeo.com/173095174

>vimeo
Time to get off the computer, grandpa.

watch the video dumbshit.

if there was a youtube link to it Id use it.

>scared of rust from a bit of rain

Just how shit is your bike?

Yeah get a 2 stroke as your very first motorcycle and them promptly crash into a wall because of the bonkers powerband. C'mon man.

Temperamental, short lifespan on motor, you might blow it up trying to jet it or forgetting to premix. If you're like every other new rider you won't be able to keep it in the powerband so you'll be slower than an equal rider on a ninja 250. The powerband hit might surprise you into running wide in a corner. It will be a pain finding pistons, cylinders, crankshafts, power valves, etc as time goes on. If you ride shitty old bikes and don't regret it, and don't mind the wrenching you already do, it's probably ok to adopt a race bred 2 stroke. But you won't know if that life is for you until you've lived it

It is a pretty cool bike but I don't think it would be a good first bike.

Come on a 250 2 stroke street bike isn't THAT crazy. If you fucked up on that you'd fuck up on any other bike really.

Coming into the powerband while leaned over is about like turning off your choke mid corner. The only road rash I ever got was from doing that exact thing as a new rider. You don't have any power so you open the throttle more, and suddenly it's way more than you can manage. Running wide is more likely than losing traction, but it's a bigger danger on the street

FAGS
IF YOU HAVE INTEREST IN AN XT 660 AND YOU IS IN EUROPE
WAIT UNTIL END OF THIS YEAR
THEY WILL DUMP THEM OUT BECAUSE THEY HAVE A SHIT TON IN STORAGE BUT THEY HAVE TO HAVE THEM ON THE ROAD UNTIL END OF THIS YEAR BECAUSE OF NEW EU-CO2 REGULATION SHIT

You can in my state.

Did you even ride it on straight roads before leaning it.

Maybe everybody should focus less on what bike they start on and more about learning to ride.

>Re sync carbs again
>short ride again
>all is fine now
I dont get it.

Now why would I want that piece of shit?

because they sound pretty cool

Citation needed.

Also, wich xt660? x, r or z?

>Citation needed.
I work for yamaha

X and R, but since the Z is basically the same, I would say that they are, too.
only the 660

what happens to the ones they can't sell?

They get eaten by the real bikes.
Survival of the fittest and all.

I don't know
maybe they get used for spare parts

And what price are we talking about here?

What would be a good sub-$200 helmet I can grab for passengers? At the moment all I have is some of my dads old helmets, but they're practically falling apart at this point.
>I have passengers of multiple head sizes
>So something that can fit a bit big, while not being too wobbly on small heads

>EU-CO2
How bad is it going to be?

Grab a helmet with one shell size and interchangeable inserts. Bell qualifier comes to mind. Small to large are all the same shell, you just need to buy the other sizes of inserts/foam etc.

about 4 grand or so

UNECE-R 41.04
>exhaust fumes must meet EU 4 norm
>ABS as a standart otherwise isn't allowed to get sold (including 125cc)
>more noise regulations

>caring this little about people on the back of your motorcycle

You can't get a "one size fits most 'somewhat' good" helmet, fuckhead. Just don't take people on the bike if you dont wanna have them protected.

detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/mcy/5732539799.html
Want it so bad but duccuddi reliability.

>Must meet EU 4 norm
Which means the exhaust has to produce O2 and smell like begonias? In particular, what does that mean? I assume it's more restrictive, making it so that bikes will need more emissions controls, bigger/heavier catalytic converters, leaner-burning, and overall lower power.

Relax user, we're all friends here

>Leaks fuel
Sounds like a good idea to ride.

Will look into, thanks user.

Not all of us have enough spare cash to throw at 4 different sizes of helmets. Just be glad I'm not handing them a brain bucket and calling it a day.

i don't know more about EU4 2bh but google told me this
the emiisions reduced by almost 42 Prozent, no problem for modern kats. compared to Euro3 the borderline for carbon monoxide-emissions lowered from 2 to1,14 Gramme per kilometer, the border for unburned hydrocarbons from 0,30 to 0,17 and of the Nitrogen oxides from 0,15 to 0,09.
ALL exhaust gas related parts have to get tested to work for at least 35k km, so you can't just buy products that burn completely empty after a few hundred kilometers. Maniopulations of exhaust gas relevant parts should be shown by electronical control devices.
For gas tank breathing systems (no idea how english word is 2bh) there will be active carbon filter forced so the gasoline gasses can't just escape into air

Carbs are like women. Nobody ever seems to fully understand them and they are always full of surprises.

So don't give out rides on your bike likes a carnival ride