Things that just drive you up the fucking wall thread

Things that just drive you up the fucking wall thread.

>cut coils

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bRrX6vChF04
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giotto_Bizzarrini
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

People that say
>can you do better

I cut my coils, car sits lower and has much less body roll now, would recommend.

when people think this looks beautiful

>nissan drivers
>people who drive post e46 and e39 bmws
>people with aftermarket headlights/bulbs

People who sacrifice performance for styling

>much less body roll now,
Springs are still as soft as they were before, just shorter.
Get suspension where you can change you suspension hight if you want lower and stiffer suspensions.

>would recommend.
Would beat you down if you tried to sell me one that was lowered and this was what you did.

People who sacrifice comfort for performance on a daily driver

Shorter springs are stiffer, learn how springs work.
I'm making coilovers for it right now.

This. A coilspring is just a bar of steel coiled up. Shorter bars have more tension, as do shorter springs. Just because its a nigger mod doesn't mean it doesn't work, Mr. Eibach.

Makita specials are lowering made easy, you're just mad you bought the coilover meme

Put your trip back on.

some people cut the coils wrong and they do not fit on the end caps and can fall off
>still as soft as they were before
depends where the coil is cut
the ends the coils are closer together and stiffer

>retarding up the springs instead of buying short and stiffer springers.
Stop posting from your phone and PC at the same time.

Eibach pros are really great once you grow out of the "barely credit card clearance" phase.

So where do you want the vehicle roll center?
Street level?

>thinking that I'm samefagging
Wow literally grow up lmao

>lmao
Ironic, isn't it.

I saw some fag in a lowered miata the other day. He was literally wearing a fedora. Where do you happen to live, Mr furfag?

Because when I saw him all I could think of is you.

Las Vegas, why would you think I would ever wear a fedora tho?

iirc you want the centre of gravity to be as close to the roll centre as you can
other wise centre of gravity has a stronger effect on the roll centre

it is also possible to have the centre of gravity below the roll centre
but this can be volatile and there are lots of other things that need to be changed about the lengths of control arms in order to avoid bump steer and problems with scrub radius

and to get on to spring stiffness the real problem with this is space constraints
just think of the spring as force applied over distance
a softer spring can hold the same amount of load as a stiffer spring if the softer spring has a longer throw
this can be achieved using bell cranks
also a softer spring can have slower acting dampers and a more supple ride even when under high load
but all that is dependant on frequency and resonance (like every other science at some point)

long suspension travel is normally avoided because it is hard to keep the wheel in line though out the throw
only really dedion suspension manages it
but is very bulky and complex

two things that slip people mind now often are body roll-/-pre loading suspension
and what I will call negative suspension travel (the ability to drop into a dip in the road without the car dropping in also

try not to forget that many company's in the 1960s were hesitant invest in the expense of developing independent suspension given how much the roads were improving
roads have gotten very much better again since then and are very smooth and have no corners at all so good suspension is no longer needed really
.ie why California has more stance swags

also camber curves both up and down stroke

I think stancing can good nice, up to a certain point. This man passed that point by about 300 yards

A tasteful lowering is hardly stancing. When you get past tasteful lowering you enter retard territory.

Not him btw.

People automatically associate furfags with fedoralords. Neat that you're in Vegas, I have 3 guys that are furfags that live in Vegas or their suburbs.

>When Veeky Forumstists think this kind of fitment or anything lowered is stance.
>When shitters say FWD is garbage in every category.
>When people call out stance on a car thats actually used for drifting.

Bro I'm in Vegas too. Pic of car?

>seatbelt beep
I'm just fucking reversing out of my driveway holy shit shut the fuck up already how do i turn you the fuck off

why do you live in the same city as me

[spoiler]wanna yiff[/spoiler]

Thank you.

>well if shit goes down I can trust this fucker to not react in time or maintain control of his car.

CVT transmissions
I don't mind automatics that much but seriously, fuck CVTs. Unreliable shit.

people who say they have been looking for a particular car for ages but then they tell you they keep turning them down because they're ~100 miles away and have the wrong sort of head unit fitted

twats, complete and utter twats the lot of em

thank u
I Invest allot of time trying to learn and infer much as I possibly can
unless you have allot of resource its hard to test such things in the field
mostly because even if you have a good set up you have to drive the car allot just to confirm that

its easy to see what others have done
the hard part is doing them your self

an example of this is the race to race to absolute zero
youtube.com/watch?v=bRrX6vChF04
so the story goes

one dude had a lot of crash and a huge lab
he thought that the only way to get results and improve understanding was brute force and to do as many experiments as possible
needless to say he maimed allot of lab assistants and the last of his assist only quit when he lost both eyes and a hand

his main rival did not have allot of cash and could not even afford the gasses required
he sat back for years working on theory and by the time he could afford enough to do and experiment an accidental helium leak made he had to postpone for another few years
but when he did finally test his ideas it worked

hard to say what approach is the right one
as I suspect that the guy will less resources could spy on the guy doing all the testing and use that to refine his theory
.esp by picking up embittered or out of work ex employees
sort of like how Lamborghini got this guy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giotto_Bizzarrini

Because we all love to go 100 plus miles to see a car that we may or may not like right?

That's p cool I went to a Vegas fur meet once at sunset park and it really turned me off, the people were spergy and weird.

Pic related

Because this city is in the desert and I like the desert.
Ok but I'm not gay.

keep buying shitboxes off your local craigslist and stop pretending you actually want that car that takes some effort to get

>the people were spergy and weird

all what did you you expect?

I expected it but I was hopeful that I might be wrong :(

Mr cummy is the devil

>Biker on a cruiser
>No safety gear except tiny skullcap helmet because cruiser

>Biker on a sportbike
>Racer onsie because sportbike

>"Sport" trims that are the "luxury" trim with a spoiler attached and a nicer looking side skirt/front bumper, if even that, with nary a suspension improvement or difference in tuning

>steven universe bumper stickers (yes)

>the people were spergy and wierd
Yep, went to a furry meet with my bf and half the people there just stood around not even making eye contact and barely spoke. That said, I did meet 3 new friends there who are now range buddies.

>drive civic
>hand on 12 everywhere

what's wrong? its not racing-driver but you're not exactly driving with your knees

You're unconsciously being a boy racer.

>6'2 in a civic hatch

i drive like that just cruising around

if i'm boy racing its 10 and 2

i used to drive ur mum up a wall

What is that

Up until a couple months ago I've never actually seen a stanced car in person. I moved to NJ and now I occasionally see people having to stop and back up into the street they attempted to turn off of because they can't make it into the parking lot. Just why?

>range buddies
Dude what?
Let's go motherfucking shooting, I got hella tannerite.
Hmu 2bh I need more shooting bros [email protected]>
>15632059
Ford festiva

Is that moot?

>front wheel drive lemans wins
>0

tyler fialko

>Friend wanted to lower his car by cutting the coils
>Think why not, it's a shitty car he got for less than 200
>He starts by cutting half a coil at a time, but after 2 full coils are off still not low enough
>any more and there wouldn't be any compression
>It's late, I go home and sleep
>He picks me up in his car, rides bouncy as shit
>Yeah there's only half a coil in there now

>Don't like a biker not wearing gear
>Don't like a biker wearing gear
What would you have?

It's so funny watching them go over speed bumps sideways

People putting fart cans on shitty cars. Doesn't even sound good.

Friend has one on his cobalt, drives me nuts. Can't even have a conversation because of some turd on his exhaust.

People that make a negative point about other people's actions or decisions because it conflicts with something inside their head.

>hurr X is Y because I don't like it!
>durr you shouldn't like Z because I said it's shit!
Literally grow the fuck up, the world doesn't revolve around you and your bullshit.