Alright Veeky Forums so I fully plan on buying an R32 within the next year as a weekend car...

Alright Veeky Forums so I fully plan on buying an R32 within the next year as a weekend car. Problem is I can't find any good ones on craigslist that aren't the GTST model or have the RB26 but are like $30k. Where can I actually find a decent R32 that isn't retardedly expensive. My price range is around $15k. I live in NJ btw

Other urls found in this thread:

jalopnik.com/here-are-the-four-legal-ways-to-import-a-car-to-the-uni-1682067632
jalopnik.com/i-m-importing-a-1990-nissan-skyline-gt-r-from-japan-1680939525
jalopnik.com/here-s-everything-you-need-to-know-about-shipping-a-car-1686580874
jalopnik.com/here-s-how-you-register-an-imported-car-with-the-dmv-1687973917
newyork.craigslist.org/brk/cto/5688558493.html
newyork.craigslist.org/wch/cto/5709707651.html
newyork.craigslist.org/fct/cto/5718253306.html
longisland.craigslist.org/cto/5696940450.html
newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/cto/5698593100.html
charlotte.craigslist.org/ctd/5727216387.html
nissanforums.com/nissan-gtr-skyline/123638-differences-between-gtrs-gts-t.html
gtr.co.uk/forum/112630-attesa-dummies.html
forums.nicoclub.com/gts-t-vs-gts-4-vs-gtr-r32-t241462.html
skylineowners.com/forum/21-tuning-technical-questions/209228-r32-gts-t-vs-gtr.html
japaneseclassics.com/vehicle/1990-nissan-gt-r/
japaneseclassics.com/vehicle/1991-skyline-gts-t-4dr/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Get a 1k project and invest 14k into that instead of buying a 15k car from the 90s

The R32 was never available in the US, at least the GTR version, not sure about the other trims. That means finding one in the US is rare, finding one for sale is even more rare, thus the high price point Your best bet is to extend your Craigslist search to other NJ counties or other states. Or try ebay too. Or if you can't find anything, you're only other option is to import directly from japan. Try tradecarview.com, they always have R32's for sale straight from the island of the rising sun. The GTR R32 models (the best ones) can be bought for around 10k on there if you're lucky. Non GTR versions are cheaper usually

>Buying an R32 GTR
>On Craigslist

lol just lol. You must be new or something.

Import one yourself from Japan.

after shipping and everything itll come out to 15k-18k USD.

jalopnik.com/here-are-the-four-legal-ways-to-import-a-car-to-the-uni-1682067632

jalopnik.com/i-m-importing-a-1990-nissan-skyline-gt-r-from-japan-1680939525

jalopnik.com/here-s-everything-you-need-to-know-about-shipping-a-car-1686580874

jalopnik.com/here-s-how-you-register-an-imported-car-with-the-dmv-1687973917

buy something else

you have no idea what youre talking about.

They arent rare at all. esp since ones that hit that 25 yr mark have already been imported here.

but heres the thing if you buy one thats already in America you will be paying a ricer tax.

newyork.craigslist.org/brk/cto/5688558493.html
newyork.craigslist.org/wch/cto/5709707651.html
newyork.craigslist.org/fct/cto/5718253306.html
longisland.craigslist.org/cto/5696940450.html
newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/cto/5698593100.html

You'd struggle to find a clean one in the uk for £15k and they've been importing them here for years.
They were sub ten grand over here until they became legal in America.
I wonder will the r33 shoot up in price due to the same reasons. No one really wants a 33 though.

how reliable are they compared to say other cars made the same year?

ugh I love SCBros car
but yeah I've seen all of those.
Are the GTST models really that much worse than the RB26? Because I found this one, its all the way down in NC but shit if its worth it I'd make the trip charlotte.craigslist.org/ctd/5727216387.html

do some research yourself on skyline/gtr forums

from what ive read there is a huge difference. obviously the GTR is superior in every way possible

When new? Very.
Now, not so much. I think they have weak gearboxes or something and even a bone stock, unabused (yeah right) car is 25 years old now and will need all manor of tricky little things sorted, vacuum lines etc.

>Are the GTST models really that much worse than the RB26?
Don't the GTS-Ts have an RB20? That engine is fucking awful. If you're going to cheap out and not buy a GT-R at least get one that's been RB25DET swapped.

Look down in Florida. I seen a few for just under 20k with around 60k on the clock. A lot of importers are down there so the used market is more plentiful than up here in port elizabeth. Then you have to pay a hauler to get it up here.

Fuck off retard

10k and then a fuck load of headaches

OR you can just buy one off an importer who already has one in the country for about 20k and you can have it instantly instead of fighting with the DMV and importers and customs for 5 months. It's not an easy process and you can see that from asking people who've done it.

Besides the engine and trans is anything really different? There's a JDM engine depot like an hour away from me that sells the RB26

The rb20 is fine if you have a 4.3 diff with it. Everyone I've seen who say it's shit are either parroting Internet opinions, or had a tired one in a 240sx with a 3.6 diff. They need short gearing to make up for the small bore, short stroke design.

The GTST is rwd.

>Besides the engine and trans is anything really different?
This is bait right? They may as well be different cars with the amount of parts that are different. You realise one has the ATTESA AWD and the other is RWD right?

Driven a handful of R32s with them. They're just better with an RB25. RB20 and RB26 aren't even remotely in the same league.

google is your friend my dude.

the GTST doesnt come with the ATTESA, which is a four-wheel drive system that the GTR has.

nissanforums.com/nissan-gtr-skyline/123638-differences-between-gtrs-gts-t.html

gtr.co.uk/forum/112630-attesa-dummies.html

forums.nicoclub.com/gts-t-vs-gts-4-vs-gtr-r32-t241462.html

skylineowners.com/forum/21-tuning-technical-questions/209228-r32-gts-t-vs-gtr.html

I honestly dont think youre ready to spend 10k plus on a car you havent done research on.

Meant to say the RB20 isn't in the same league as an RB26 and that an RB25 in a non-GT-R is the way to go.

RB26 is obviously better than an RB25 once you do something about the oil issue on the R32s.

me thinks OP is just a fanboy who just discovered the GTR.

t b h you should just stick to a wrx or something.

Based Cappuccino.

cars for midgets
looks cute, is cute
but nobody over 6' is getting in it

I've had my r32 for nearly 8 years. A healthy 20 with good compression and leakdown is the ultimate cheap power build kind of car. Swapping to a 25 makes a better street car, but they have weak ringlands so it's kind of a tradeoff.

nah I've loved the GTRs for a long time, I've just recently been able to realistically afford one
also been there done that, not buying another subaru

Come down to VA, there's an importer here with a nice showroom, gets R32 GTRs, even does financing, met the guy at a Wawa like a week ago
Japanese classics.com

loved GTR's for a long time yet you dont know the difference between a GTST and a GTR. ya ok. Go back to playing forza/gran turismo.

Also can be stupid fast.

There's one floating around making 380hp that will do 0-60mph in 3 seconds and 0-100mph in 6 seconds. They only weigh about 1500-1600lbs.

I was just about to tell him about that

currently this is their only GTR they have in stock and its a pending sale.

japaneseclassics.com/vehicle/1990-nissan-gt-r/

but they also have this GTST

japaneseclassics.com/vehicle/1991-skyline-gts-t-4dr/

They get stock in all the time, and if they don't have it you can request it but you probably have to put money down to let them know you're seriously gonna buy one

>NJ btw
Extra scum

ayy that guys has a sweet inventory. Thanks I'll save that and keep an eye out

heard you like RBs

>They were sub ten grand over here until they became legal in America.

FUCKING THIS

Retarded burgerclaps have to ruin things for everyone else.
Stick to your lazy boats.

Not OP

Bumping this shit thread with a somewhat related question

What are the odds of me successfully importing an ~01 nipbox that isnt a skyrine?

looking to get a jzx100 but im intimidated by importation process

Do you guys think the R33 will appreciate like the 32 when eligible for import and will the 32 come down in price? The 32 is my dream car but I'd settle for a 33.

About fucking zero brah, they never imported Chasers here and there wasn't a model that used the same platform here either

Yeah, 32 should drop when the 33s are legal, but that also depends on the demand for them