Is the 7 series Alpina the perfect stealth wealth car, Veeky Forums?

Is the 7 series Alpina the perfect stealth wealth car, Veeky Forums?

Just take off the Alpina logo from the wheels and you have a regular BMW.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BmxxQHATZXU
youtube.com/watch?v=qGHdglbiWfA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the alpina style wheels are too distinctive
BMW has never made such kind of wheels

WHY THE FUCK DO WE NEED HOURLY BMW (broken car) THREADS
Theres a god damn bmw general for a reason.

Needs ecoboost

>stealth wealth

Buzzwords are cancer

A brand new 7 series makes people know you're rich you fucking cunt

oh, your bmw isn't expensive enough? . . .
we'll take care of that wallet over thickness issue for you

I don't really get Alpinas, what's good about them?

Stealth Wealth

Nor will they. Alpina, Hartge and AC Schnitzer all have their own exclusive wheel patterns. All three of those tuners have been around for decades; it would be pants on head retarded to steal a design so distinctive.

Cool name. Alpina. Just say it. Alpina.

Sounds like a dog food brand

M cars for non fuckbois.

What about "discrete wealth" does that also triggers you?

I don't know about the modern Alpina models, but back in the day, Alpina was one of the first major third party tuners exclusively for BMW cars.

Someone would buy something like an E30 325is for example, then drop it off at Alpina where the suspension would be completely swapped out to something more race inspired. There were most importantly, several different engine trims that one could order from a mild build all the way up to super tweaked full NA builds. They also offered wheel sets and different body kits, lips spoilers and interiors. Lastly, the car received a numbered plaque that was affixed inside the engine bay, designating it as an authentic Alpina along with a serial number.

Alpina and Hartge both offered such services, with AC Schnitzer being more of a bolt on accessory type of speed shop. Then there's Dinan, which in my opinion is a waste of money.

don't forget they produced street legal V8 E36's
look at this shit
youtube.com/watch?v=BmxxQHATZXU

Also style 4s

Would you consider them a coach builder? Back then? Surely wouldn't use that term now since they don't exist anymore.

Alpina were the only ones who bothered to put a v8 into an e36, bmw couldnt be fucked. pretty cool combo I say.

>distinctive design across all modles
>always put effort into making the car the best it can be
>everything from them is rare and expensive
>alternative to ///M & AC schnitzer

only around 250 e36's were made (high number for alpina cars), it's another way to show your enthusiasm about bmw's without the pajeet stigma of sticking an ///M badge on every panel of a 318i

Hell no. Any remotely recent 7-series absolutely screams "I'm either rich or desperately pretending to be one" in a fifteen mile radius, and the Alpina bits don't magically make it any stealthier. The 3 and 4-series Alpinas make a strong case and the 5-series is debatable, but the 6 and 7 are just luxury on top of luxury and won't fool anyone.

Their focus is in comfort, exclusivity and luxury. Sportiness comes as a distant second, the goal is making cars that are genuinely nice to drive for longer distances.

They were first and foremost a race team.

What about the Lexus LS, is that the embodiment of stealth wealth?

You so blindly hate BMWs that you can't even see this is not a BMW thread; rather this is a stealth wealth thread. But ration is lost with you, so good job.

>buying a 7-series after the e38
Shiggy diggy

>implying that the Audi RS7 isn't the best stealth wealth car ever created

>implying normalfags even know what an Alpina is

The non angry one? Yes. The new one? No.

Who cares about what normalfags think? They couldn't tell the difference between a base model 3 Series with stick-on M badging and a M5.

They arem but no pleb could tell the difference from a BMW and an Alpina if it rolled past them.

Phaeton W12 will forever be the ultimate stealth wealth vehicle

This, even the nouveau riche and poorfags take out loans for only new base 5 series at most.

unless you nig it

That's the point, in Germany they buy their cars without model badges, so you can't tell an AMG merc to a diesel one, unless you put you foot down

That's part of the allure of driving an authentic E39 M Sport. Only the purists know what it is; the filthy casuals think its just another run of the mill E39.

A mate of mine has a M135i. We give him shit about it looking like a Mazda3 with a BMW front end.

those things are fucking fast though. more like a missle than luxury car

the best of both worlds

too bad they start rusting after a few years and the W12 is an absolute nightmare to upkeep, not even old BMW V12s are as bad
>Audi
nah, too angry

A normie couldnt tell the difference between a 320i and an alpina 7 series.

yeah my gf was talking to her cousing, telling her how she wants to buy an E30, E36 ir E34 but her cousin called her retarded for calling cars in "stupid codes" and dumb for wanting to buy such old cars
fucking normies man.

cousin*

Frig off, David.

>E30
I know a girl with an E30 318i. It makes no power whatsoever and spends more time being fixed than on the street. I want to say it looks good in Alpine White but it always looks so dirty.

>E36
She's a keeper.

>paying 100k for a volkswagen (considering you get it new)
>mfw

Do you guys have a moment to talk about our lord and savior, the Citroën C6?

>that glorious suspension
that's it really

I think it looks neat as well

this car already looks 30 years old

>Stealth wealth car

Every rich person I know (rich as in already have at least 5 million in assets) drives a Prius, camry, CR-V, or just a fancy Lexus as their daily drive. Now THAT is stealth. Of course, some of them have ferraris, lambos, mclarens, porsche 911s, SLS AMG, etc... but they don't drive it every day.

>0-100 in 3.6s
I would actually buy it over an S63 AMG if I had the money tho.

It might look like just a blinged out Passat, but its still fucking xbox hueg.

Powerfull? No

Why not get M760Li?
>B-Bu-But muh fuel consumption

Basically this

youtube.com/watch?v=qGHdglbiWfA

My point is that the average Joe won't be able to tell the difference between a 3 series and the 7 series.

If you look at BMW cars they all look the fucking same for the non-enthusiast.

The same doesn't happen, for example with the C class and the S class. You can easily tell them apart because of that totally distinctive grill the S class has.

>A new generation C6 will be sold in China only from late 2016, based on the PSA EMP2 platform

It's ded jim

>disguising wealth as a flagship luxury sedan
ok

It looks the sames as a 3 series from the outside

How do you expect to not look rich in a 2016 fucking 7 series you dumb fag

Read the thread you dumb idiot

>mfw Peugeot keeps fucking up Citroën
looking forward to the DS9 though

Not true. You can get the exact same grille on the C-Class as the S-Class. Just depends on if you go for the sport trim (most popular cause cheaper) or the luxury trim (with the nicer grille).

>BMW

"Stealth wealth" cars aren't from premium brands, dummy.

her first car was an E36+manual so she has a love for bimmers now
but finding a reliable E30 isnt that hard

BMW will never bring back the New Class or anything close to resembling it.

finding one without rust is another issue tho.

>stealth wealth
It isn't stealth wealth if you have a BMW.

>bmw
>premium brand

>inb4 my toyota is luxurious not your bmw hurr hurr

My neighbor has one. He had to buy a Bentley shop manual for it because the two cars share so much. You can laugh all you want, but it is basically a rebadged Bentley.

BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Lexus, Jaguar, Porsche, etc. are all premium brands. Rolls Royce, Bentley, Maybach, etc. are luxury brands.

its pretty cool, but i mean, its no DS

there is so much amazing shit BMW will most likely never make again.

what about a 8000+ rpm V10?

anything light as fuck, with CSL is bold letter on the back

anything NA (and with that, anything making more noise at the front than at the back)

anything sleek as fuck (like the fucking 8 series, new one might come back, but it will most likely be fat)

anything that looks mildly intimidating and not angry

>BMW will never be 90s BMW again

>bmw
>luxury

>bmw will never be 90s bmw
>8000 rpm V10
I hope you realize they made the V10 in 2006

yeah, ofc, but i feel the S85 was some kind of a last hurrah to old bmw

of course, i could be wrong. not like that's never happened before

Exactly if I was rich, I would drive a base model e class.

>3.6s
Fuck I'm just shocked at this.

Its good to know BMW is putting the M badge on the 7 series but nah, this B7 will look different from all of it. The wheels, those badges, etc I like it.

imo the last "hurrah" was the S65, a truly spectacular n/a engine

well, i cant speak for the S65 out of experience, but i will happily go on about the S62, how great it is when it decides to do that, and how it can suddenly decide to piss on you.

but i do like those rev-y V8s

I'm not rich however certainly not poor either.
Clean unmodified trucks are a great stealth wealth mobile as are high end 4 door Audis given few know the difference.