/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, October 2nd:
1187 – Siege of Jerusalem: Saladin captures Jerusalem after 88 years of Crusader rule.
1552 – Conquest of Kazan by Ivan the Terrible.
1835 – The Texas Revolution begins with the Battle of Gonzales: Mexican soldiers attempt to disarm the people of Gonzales, Texas, but encounter stiff resistance from a hastily assembled militia.
1941 – World War II: In Operation Typhoon, Germany begins an all-out offensive against Moscow.
1944 – World War II: German troops end the Warsaw Uprising.

>News
EU4 - 22/09
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-22nd-of-september-2016.970333/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!IkNwBRKR!WI_JYByFpRFzXLx3d1uD2A

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6 - 15/09/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V8
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=63384
mega.nz/#F!IkNwBRKR!WI_JYByFpRFzXLx3d1uD2A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Ck2 patch when

Based Erdogan

Vicky 3.04 changelog?

why is there a commie flag behind this roach?

Reminder that R&I is a severely autistic and obsessed NEET, he seriously needs to seek psychological help of some kind, although preferably he should just be euthanized humanely.

He has been doing this months or years now: prepare /gsg/ threads every day, update them all the time, constantly check the current thread so he can make his own one about 20 posts early and then post the signature reply "Reminder to report and ignore shitposting" which makes no sense since it's an oxymoron.

Just think about it, think about all the effort he's investing in a shitty general that could easily be maintained by just about anyone else, not to mention that pretty much everyone here hates him.

And he does this every day, multiple times a day even. Sometimes he does miss threads, but it's still ridiculously obsessive.

As I'm posting this he probably has already prepared a thread for later today and is anxiously waiting for this thread to reach the bumplimit so he can continue the cycle as always. He's clearly a NEET who probably hasn't done anything worth of any note in months or years, so he can afford to do this 24/7.

What a sad creature. Please put him out of his misery, anyone. No one deserves to live like this.

>using the singular
We all know r&i is a group of multiple NEETs living in different time zones.

Proof?

kill me

what is the best retinue composition for the ck2 mod HIP?

Rebind your steam screenshot button.

4 Guards/1 Tank/5 Airplanes.

thats victoria 2 you retard

The POP system in V2 is not as interesting and doesn't affect gameplay as much as its fans try to pretend, and in some ways EU4 is more complex than V2.

Complexity doesn't equal fun however but I'm just tossing that out there.

All cataphracts. All defense if you're not Greek.

He does it the exact same way every time. Something like that would require an organized group, which is exactly what R&I is opposed to.

Trust me, when you're running guards, tanks and airplanes in CK2 you're unstoppable.

>thats victoria 2
no cuz people don't recommend that many guards relative to normal infantry anymore

>I'm just tossing that out there.
Next time you want to toss something, I'd advise to start with your keyboard.

Implying hipocrisy has never been commited by anyone on gsg.

Could you perhaps help me, /gsg/?

I played original EUIV with DLCs downloaded and activated from your pastebin last year. In the meantime Steam updated my game and none of the DLCs works anymore. The old activator doesn't seem to work either.

Is there an activator or crack for DLCs for version 1.17.1?

>OP links

Apparently g uy I found here

>cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=63384

has stuff up to 1.17.0

It's not supposed to be fun. Taking a country and industrializing it is hard work and so it should not be easy.

Complete retard here, first grand strategy game.

Is it better to have dedicated divisions of fallschirmjager, or have them incorporated into infantry divisions?

If I make a change to the infantry division template, not necessarily to add paratroopers but perhaps an artillery regiment, will it be retroactive to other divisions in the field (imagine it would take time to reinforce and resupply them)?

How does the division template work? What do the horizontal/vertical stacks mean? How do i decide what to place where?

>Next time you want to toss something, I'd advise to start with your keyboard.
desu this is one of the funniest generals on Veeky Forums and your response made me laugh

You are thinking too complicated. Just build tanks and draw lines.

placement in the division template doesn't matter at all. horizontal vs vertical has zero effect and is completely irrelevant.

>If I make a change to the infantry division template, not necessarily to add paratroopers but perhaps an artillery regiment, will it be retroactive to other divisions in the field (imagine it would take time to reinforce and resupply them)?
yes. be careful replacing light tanks with medium tanks for example if you haven't been producing medium tanks for a long time and happen to be in a war.

The only advantage HPM infantry have over guards is being pulled from undesirable POPs and being a bit cheaper, they're a strict upgrade.

>HPM
nobody plays mods because there is no steam workshop

the vanilla V2 experience is THE experience.

This isn't technically correct. Army expirience cost is lover for moving vertically, so long as you stick to the same type as top unit, than horisontally.

>Is it better to have dedicated divisions of fallschirmjager, or have them incorporated into infantry divisions?
It varries but generally dedicated regiments with combat width of 10/20/40 are better than anything else because of movement speed. Two notable exceptions is that you want some mot/mech infantry in tank divisions to give them some HP (6tanks/4inf) and 7inf/2art for line infantry to get more soft attack than 10inf gets you.

t-thanks.

Fallschirmjager probably aren't going to be particularly useful until a full war breaks out, since the countries I'm looking to gobble up don't have enough land to make aerial flanks onto their VPs worthwhile (provided I understand how the mechanics work)

Mildly perturbed that Belgium is able to muster up 30 divisions along their border. Wondering if it might be better to just not gobble them up until I'm ready to liberate the fuck out of France, as France will probably react by garrisoning the north eastern border, whereas at the moment I have all of their free troops straddling the Maginot line. Got a couple of field armies on the Eastern front not particularly doing much that I can move to the West if needed, with this being my first game I'm not sure how aggressive the enemy is so I'm keeping my vulnerable borders manned.

I've been building a series of 5-10 infantry divisions continually since the start of the game, after about a year or so (once I had enough factories) I began with light armoured divisions, wondering if there's some ideal composition I should be striving towards, or if that doesn't matter either? My army is about 75% infantry divisions, with the other 25% being alpine infantry, a couple of motorised divisions, but mostly armor.

p-pls respond

you could literally conquer france in a day if you paradropped / navally landed in to the right provinces

I'm afraid invading France will trigger 100% world tension and start the war, not sure if it's better to do that sooner or later at the moment. Worried about my SEA ex-dutch provinces that don't have a garrison yet.

Although with the Sino-Japanese war raging on, the treaty signed at the end of that could start WW2 (Spanish treaty caused about 20% tension), although that entire theatre looks like a massive stalemate, regret sending any volunteers since they're just stuck reinforcing a static front.

don't forget that france also lost to vietnamese rice farmers

The American pasta doesn't want to mention that one, for obvious reasons.

EU4 has never had a DLC activator.

>Independent Aro

Based.

Give me a Vic 2 country to play.

...yes it did?

The stuff in the archive (OP) works for me to activate DLC.

prussia

Prussia and form Germany before 1845 after sphere-ing Austria.

Excuse me, my fellow gamerites, but would anyone be interested in a civ multiplayer game come launch day? I think it could be excellent fun

r8 meme goals for meme blob

Playing USA for the first time. Am I missing something or is there no point in enacting this decision as there aren't really any yank pops for most of the dixies & texans to assimilate to?

wrong thread

Not at all. I'm asking /gsg/ if they wanna play a 4x game because 4xfags are history illiterate

Play the UK, nobody else does.

It's still the wrong thread, go ask the 4x general if the want to play a 4x game

you just put them in folder and they work?

What version do you have?

No, you use the activator provided in the archive.
I have the most recent version.

Why did Hpm become the "official" mod and not Pdm?

HPM died.

Addendum: It's normal to get an error message. Also, remember to activate the DLC in the launcher, after using the activator.

I don't play farmville ripoffs.

>HPM
>the official mod
lmao pick one. Maybe if he didn't go and get himself killed it would be but lmao my friend top lmao

did he really? last time I saw him was like 6 weeks ago, or maybe he posted when I wasn't here?

>thirty thousand minutes on paint for no replies

Lets' say I wanted to do a for fun Pomerania EU4 run where I control the Lubeck node and pirate the fuck out of other nodes would it be worth colonizing anything?
Pushing Chesapeake into Canada and collecting in Canada too, would that be worth doing? Or Cape/Zanzibar and pushing SEA into it?

I mean pretty much everyone who plays the game today plays Hpm.

Managed to survive as greece,making mad dosh and investing a fuckton into trade.
How are my borders?
r8?

fuck blobby ottomans

go tall and culturally enrich yourself abim

speak 4 urself leddit

Yes, certainly, because there isn't a bunch of people who prefer finished PDM to an unfinished HPM. No sir, that would be impossible.

Ayyyyy

>pre-DW EU3

0/10

La meaux

The German AI is awful

Also, Germany is secretly much weaker in 1936, so the sooner you get an excuse to attack, the better

In real life, if France had declared war to enforce the Rhineland DMZ, Germany would have completely folded because it was a 10:1 fight military wise. The reason this didn't happen is "muh appeasement"

Because pdm is shit while hpm is good

Who are you arguing with?

>The German AI is awful

Lad, all the AI is awful.

Probably, but Germany gets the blunt end of the stick

Their AI is supposed to manage everything it's bad at. A two front war (Poland/Allies), attacking into forts (Maginot Line), defending against air superiority (Bongland), performing an overseas invasion (Operation Sealion), suddenly refocusing on the invasion of a major country which re-opens a second front (Operation Barbarossa), leaving significant defenses to prevent an invasion of France (Atlantic Wall)

The odds of AI Germany and the AI Axis winning, especially if historical focuses are on (no weird spot where Germany kills Poland for free, and then fucks up the "French Alliance") are slim, let alone if you play a country against them

The only thing the Axis has going for them is annoying ahistorical shit, like Italy holding onto Sicily alone (naval invade that while you're still stuck in Naples, or it's gg no re) or Japan jumping in to help Germany (historically was different faction, Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere, and war "for them" ended later than Germany)

Daily reminder that """grand""" """"""strategy"""""" is literally lebbit commie tier while /egg/ is the true white man's choice.

it's called grand because it is on a grand scale encompassing a whole lot of history
i could say """engineering"""" """"games"""" to convey an equally resounding message about your proposed general

Can someone spoonfeed me tech tree for HPM France?

>France
ugh

Just play prussia instead

>France
ugh

Just play prussia instead

But I can't dismantle prussia while playing as prussia.

>mega.nz/#F!IkNwBRKR!WI_JYByFpRFzXLx3d1uD2A
b-but archive has only mods now, right?

after using the old activator i still have in my folder the dlc don't even show up in the launcher list

Just play the game. You are starting as a GP, it's not like it's hard or that you can fuck up.

How does my culure spread in EU3?
I want to assimilate these places

i thought you always rushed population growth and education efficiency tech on every nation?

Why the fuck would you want to dismantle based Prussia?

>what is the archive in the OP

If you hung around here for a while, you'd realise that most of /gsg/ is also history illiterate.

Read the readme

i think most /gsg/ers don't buy games so you'd have a hard time finding someone to play civ6 with

yeah but where does the national focus tech tree fit into that?

same as every other nation, promote clerks

no no, when do you research national focus techs

hey man

i play wow aswell

by being patient.

Reminder this reminder is autistic

As soon as possible.

okay, figured it out

thanks and God bless you user

so after education techs? or before? when's medicine?
I can't figure out the order with these techs

what's the difference between agceep and regular ftg

WHERE
THE FUCK
IS
H (AIDS)
P (PEE)
M (EM)

I WANT
HPM
P
M

RRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

uh

Veeky Forums Pass user since September 2016.