Redpill me on JD Power's Vehicle Dependability Study

Redpill me on JD Power's Vehicle Dependability Study.

How did Mitsubishi get below Chrysler? i mean holy shit.

Here is the rundown

-VDS looks at car ownership over 3 years, so the 2013 chart is tracking the reliability of cars sold in 2010

-Repair constitutes anything that the dealership actually opened a ticket on and payed labor against. Blown engine and customer complaint that bluetooth doesn't work are weighed the same if the dealership actually took the car into the shop to look at it

-Small, pointless dumb shit, like having a complicated infotainment system can artificially pull down a reliability score. So can having 1 or 2 things that constantly break on every model of a certain car, like a cupholder or a vent

-Getting towards the top of the chart usually indicates that a carmaker has most of their shit together for the evaluated model year, because not only do you have to have the major shit down, you have also avoided getting pulled down by dumb bullshit like what I described above.

what does this picture even mean?

I'm giving the attention whore (you)s

huh? like, is he wrong or something? I don't get it

A company essentially purchases their position on it. It is a marketing tool, not a comprehensive set of data.

Still have no idea what you are getting at

Kys

sorry what?

Kys

sorry what?

He wants you to kiss him. Can't you read?

FORD BTFO

Kys
Assmad gm fangirl spotted

Ax6gv7g ig 9yv7tcyx7tfpjbpjc2ojd c0u1ebx10ivez0iwvz0ivwz0ivwz0uve0izb37g,018wbx08ebz9uev

>Owners of a specific brand are disproportionately wrenchy, fix everything themselves, maybe because dealerships are too expensive for them
>Artificially reliable honda

ford hasnt been so hot in 2016 either

2016 is the first VDS survey that caught the fucking mountain of issues they had with automatic transmissions in the Fiesta and Focus

Chebby must've really stepped up their shit overall in their lineup. Cadillac went down quite a bit (probably due to the CUE system like Longpostguy was mentioning)

Nissan also went down quite a bit and Porsche is closing the gap completely with Lexus.

>consumer reports
Nice try

Shit posting while waiting for a tow truck, I can safely say fuck Chrysler and all its subsidiaries.

2013 Ford got assrammed in this survey for SYNC issues. Some was people couldn't RTFM and some was because the system really did suck, but a survey that puts, "When I say "radio on" the radio doesn't come on", and "Transmission fell out of car on the highway and as run over by traffic" on the same level has some major issues.

That's JD POWah.

Hi gm shill

Exactly what he said. It is a stupid bullshit survey. The more fancy bits and pieces, the worse the car is likely to be rated.

Does Porsche really have their shit together these days?

based on my experience with newer Porsche's, I'd say so. Build quality is solid, and all the tech is stuff that is tried and true at this point