When will a-pillars finally obstruct the whole view out of the car?

>mfw can't see shit when taking a blind turn
Well, at least I won't die if the car rolls, I guess.

Why not simply refrain from rolling the car?

I have this shit in my Fusion and it pisses me the fuck off, never had this problem until this car, every other fucking car was like a greenhouse compared to this thing

I have a focus and i imagine it's about the same amount of obstruction.

It has to be better in a Fusion because it's a bigger car, I couldn't imagine having a thick ass A-Pillar in a smaller car, that would be fucked

remember when volvo thought about giving the driver EVEN MORE visibility back when visibility was actually considered a safety critical thing?

totally unbelievable nowadays.

oh shit, wrong file

Ride a motorcycle. No pillars anywhere. Unless you're riding that one BMW moped.

Kek, thats a fucking Fusion A pillar

>never had this problem until this car

get used to it.

it's the same shit in every modern car now. it's only getting worse because people love being locked in a cave.

>2016
>taking my jerb

This. I've seen and heard people mention in the new Camaro
>I love it! It's like being in a tank

Let me tell you what, an Abrams has better visibility and less pigfat than your landbarge.

It even happened with econoboxes too. Looking through the rearview mirror in a modern Corolla is like looking through a gook's eyelids.

thanks, I feel old now

>tfw you're here forever

One of the many things I like about my Volvo 245 is the visibility. There are almost no obstructions, every pillar is very thin even the A, but they're also strong and will be fine in a rollover.

I saw a crushed 240 at the PnP, and the crusher could only get the roof squashed with about almost a foot of space before the doors; Volvo stronk.

i thouoght the front pillars were so thick so that airbags can be put in them now?

jesus christ lmao. i hope they at least put a door on that huge compartment so you can use it for storage

That is why but it's fucking stupid, engineers should just be able to design the unibody to not warrant the installation of such useless garbage

>reverse parking in a cabrio

>tfw you had to drive a modern pile of fuck, dark as a cave inside for 2 weeks and for the first time after all those miserable days you're sitting in your trusty, airy feeling 90's shitbox again

thanks fuck

I'm sure the designers saw no problem with it though

You know what OP? You raise a great point.

Why don't they just build a car without A pillars? I don't understand why they haven't thought of that before???? Holy Shit OP I think you might be the smartest person on earth. For real - you are really smart. Like, you must have an IQ of 4,500,880.

Jesus.

>tfw 4th F-body owner

Not pictured: Very reasonably sized A pillars, which are invisible from the outside for extra style points

It's like some people don't realize they have this thing called a neck and that it's capable of allowing this other thing called a head to tilt and pivot along its axis.

When the air bag deploys

You're the one who's overreacting like a bitch tho, his point is that newer A pillars are thicker than older A pillars from the 90s and earlier. At some point you would think manufacturers would use stronger metals to make them thinner to improve visibility AND stiffness, in case of a roll over. Nope.

pic related Veeky Forumstists in 30 years?

wha- ... what is she doing

oh fuck, it's so nice and inviting..
so sad that happened to cars

calm your turboautism bra

How else are the manufacturers going to add in a bazillion airbags for muh safety?

It's a fiat punto, it'll roll at 15 mph

If you want speed and visibility buy a motorcycle

Until americans are no longer required to use a car in order to keep up with unpredictable work schedules and changing bus schedules (and in the winter, fuck man), cars are going to be overregulated to protect people who don't know what they're getting into and don't want to get into it.

Nobody needs a bike, so on a bike you are free.

>speed
>visibility
pick one

>get hit by a semi you couldn't see and die or get hit by a semi that didn't see you and die

You guys fail to realize what car companies are pushing for. The next big jump will be no windows what so ever. Everything will be cameras and sensors. Once self driving cars become the norm there probably won't be cameras even that show the outside. Just sensors. You get in your little box, turn on your TV or tablet or whatever and diddle around on Facebook until your car bings and informs you that you've arrived.

When will OP stop sucking dicks?

>run over some fuck in a parking lot
>fall and break a leg because someone jizzed on the road

Drove one of these the other day.

Man. Don't know how anyone drives one of these safely. Modern hatchbacks are fucking dangerous.

High dash beltline, massive pillars, dorrs you can't hang an arm out, rear windows the size of a postbox... it's like people don't even want to drive their cars.....................................................

I hate the very idea of a coupe. If it has two doors it should have two seats. End of fucking lesson.

those are some lovely airbags in that pillar

who is that

>can't hang an arm out

REEEEEE
I hate not being able to do this. I'm glad my car is still running.

>diesel fiat