Where did this meme come from that carbs have poor throttle response?

Where did this meme come from that carbs have poor throttle response?

1: at operating temperature (bloo bloo i need to take care of my engine
2: with carbs that haven't sat unused for 6 months
3: with a stoic A/F
then carbs will always, always have better throttle response than EFI.
This is indisputable for people who have experience both.
Drive by wire is cancer.
>but my carb doesn't have an accelerator pimp
It may not even need to, rarely does a motorcycle carburetor have an accelerator pump yet they always react instantaneously to throttle changes
The fact of the matter is that the ECU has to take time to think. An carb'd engine will just suck whatever it can whenever it can which will always be more efficient.
Inb4 memes

You're right that drive by wire is cancer, but carb is worse than cable operated electronic throttle body, this is a fact

>this is a fact
Sir, that is fiction. A tight throttle cable to a carb will always produce quicker action then asking a computer first.

I don't think you understand how a throttle body works. A physical throttle cable opens up the butterfly valve in the throttle body just like it actuated the valve/slide in a carb.

Also throttle response depends on the type of carb. CV carbs are shit for throttle response.

>but carbed motorcycles respond quicker than my fuel injected car
No shit. They have significantly less rotating mass.

Bullshit, the accurate measurements reading from the throttle body and sent to the ecu is only takes nanoseconds, and is infinitely more efficient compared to a carburetor

>I don't think you understand how a throttle body works.
Well it doesn't metre fuel is the problem.

It doesn't need to

But it could and be more efficient.

Isn't that Skyactiv?

>Mazda
>efficient
niggo pls

>implying it isn't
Skyactiv gets near hybrid numbers

Yeah but Hybrids and their numbers are homo

Look, carbs are cool because they don't rely on electronics, and are super simple, but there's a reason that the vast majority of vehicles don't run carbs anymore. Carbs are inefficient. They cannot account for differences in engine parameters as well as EFI can.

Also this whole

>muh carb is more responsive

Meme is just bullshit. Besides maybe NASCAR, and NHRA, most race cars are running EFI because you can better tune for power and response under any operating condition. Hell, I don't think there's a single factory car made today with carbs...

>but there's a reason that the vast majority of vehicles don't run carbs anymore
If you say anything other than government regulation then you're a fag

>Carbs are inefficient.
Welp, you're a fag.

>The fact of the matter is that the ECU has to take time to think. An carb'd engine will just suck whatever it can whenever it can which will always be more efficient.
Boomers really need to catch up with the times

yeah sure maybe early efi systems lagged behind carbs in throttle response but ever since the late 90's that shit was locked down tyte and rapes the carbs in almost every other way.

>have drive by cable ls1 w/ factory efi
>???
>Instant throttle response

its all down to your build and tune.

NASCAR doesn't use carbs anymore. They changed to EFI.

>doesn't even know what a Ford Flathead is

>muh cold starts

>If you say anything other than government regulation then you're a fag
Government don't regulate races, yet most race cars are EFI...

Carbs are so slow to respond that manufacturers have to build in a dozen different accelerator pumps and shit to get them to ever change RPM. An ECU is already adding more fuel by the time the intake charge has made it past the throttle.

>Ten billion pounds of valvetrain mass
>Instant throttle response
Please go drive a few other cars and come back when you understand what throttle response actually means.

Protip: it's not how quickly your car accelerates 0-60 when you mash the throttle.

why dont webers have a choke anyway