Im getting a Black 2003 Mercury Marauder, with 50k miles for 15k. I live in new england, how did I

Im getting a Black 2003 Mercury Marauder, with 50k miles for 15k. I live in new england, how did I
do?

Also, What minor mods can i do to wake this thing up, my v6 made 17 less horsepower with a litre less goddamit

Other urls found in this thread:

stangbangers.com/03_MercuryMarauderVsMercedesS500_Article.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=mYzrQ7axBP4
phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/5726720830.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You're way overpaying. It's a $10k car at the most. 4.6 dohc has tons of mods available but it's expensive.

not as a europoor he isn't
either way, shitty car to buy if you want le usdm american import

New England isn't Europe. Geographically at least.

Nah Senpai, new England, as in connecticut?

Even with low miles in showroom condition im over paying?

>not as a europoor he isn't

>I live in new england

Anyway, 4.10s, J-mod, long tubes if you can find them and an offroad H-pipe.

>$15k
>2003 Crown Vic with 50,000 miles

shig

J-Mod? and whats the benefit of the H-Pipe

J-mod is a transmission mod, ups the line pressure for firmer shifts. The H-pipe removes 4-6 catalytic converters and frees up quite a bit of power.

You're stupid as fuck. There are M5s for 18k

Maybe some ran to shit SMG version that's transmission replacement costs as much as the car.

Oh im sorry thanks for letting me know that I wanted a BMW instead of a Marauder. Oh wait I SPECIFICALLY wanted a Marauder, that explains why im getting one.

Nice thanks friendo. Is a tune worth it?

great car but by the way he is american not yurupor hahahah idiot, you can't even import one of these in yurop without complications

What is a crown vic?

You're stupid as fuck. you couldve got a Marauder for 5k and put 10k on a house. You can get a 5.0 for 15k with more miles, sure. But no shitty 4.6 that gets dusted by my 3500 lb V6

>stop liking what I don't like

I want something durable and with a frame you fuck. Im going from a 3.6 litre vw cc, wich is pretty damn quick for what it is, and definitely just as luxury as any little bimmer.

I WANT a marauder. I can afford a BMW but I DONT WANT a beemer.

I also want a vehicle with a frame, and capable of using a bull bar in case i come across a BLM protest

also

>not putting down 30% of your house value

Haha, oh so youre a no life conservative that wants to fake being a cop and put thin blue lines all over it. HAHAHAHAHA. Like I said you couldve gotten a marauder for 5k because theyre shitty cars, so stop pretending youre financially crafty, especially if you have to have Veeky Forums valider you. Youre going to put another couple thousand and still get toasted by my 3500lb v6 with my wife and child in the car

You are paying a lot of money for a well kept future collector car. As much as it might be tame stock, modifying it will be a bad idea. It you want to mod a maurader buy a more beat up one that isn't as valuable. You'll kill the resale on that thing

you drive recklessly with your child in the car?

atleast those genes wont go far

>mods can i do to wake this thing up, my v6 made 17 less horsepower with a litre less goddamit

Maybe but I bet the power curves are way different. Just do minor mods. Honestly, I've always liked those.
Where in NE?

does exhaust, CAI, and a tune screw up the collector aspect?

CT my friend, and me as well, always wanted one when I was younger. time to live my dreams

CT here too m8. My old teacher had one, thing looked clean af. Don't even worry about making it fast unless that's your goal. Enjoy cruising in it.

>15k for a crown vic

my sides

Trade school? HVAC? Manchester?

who is this vic guy i keep hearing about

it might. think about what you are buying though, a completely original, low mile, limited production performance car. think about how many are original with that low of mileage. it might not hurt it, but I wouldn't do it.

yeah you're right, just the way everyone speaks about it makes me think its slow as all hell

>Is a tune worth it?
After the H-pipe, yes. Otherwise it'll throw codes for O2 sensors.

Why are you so bitter? Mad your wife wears the pants and that's why you drive an auto FF midsize sedan?

stangbangers.com/03_MercuryMarauderVsMercedesS500_Article.htm

Middletown
I don't know but he must be royalty if he has a crown.

a rwd v8 granny mobile is a step down from a ff midsize sedan m80

it's a mid 14 or 15 second car. it is not "fast" but it isn't that much of a turd.

you should probably drive your car before you think about modifying it though.

Crown Victoria, the car the marauder is based on. Marauders are not fast at all, they lost their value when people realized this. Get an expensive well kept P71 (the police version) Crown Victoria. Powertrain speaking it's all the same except the engine which does make 50 less horsepower but actually mades more low end torque and uses regular gas (marauder needs premium) tune the P71 for premium and it's just as fast as a Marauder because it's lighter. And you can put on a push bar and what not.

Throw that whipple on. That fits on these right? Same motor as the mustang I thought. And dat sweet supercharger whine.

>new England
>Europe
Please tell me you aren't from the u.s...

Right? Not only that, a rwd granny mobile with a v8 thats slow as fuck. I got my TL because its quick comfy and is pretty manly

im glad u'r happy with it but i don't think manly is the word

Let the man get his car, jeez

Fucking ford put the intake on the opposite side that the mustang is. So some modification required

what are natty daddy options for building these motors? bore em out? i hear the headers are good but intake is crap. and cam?

Marauders are cool. 15k for one in 2016 is something to sit and laugh over.
>implying

>cam
*cams

>15k for one in 2016 is something to sit and laugh over.
Oh, gotcha

sorry senpai, maybe its because of the people i see driving these things, but it looks like a yuppie/middleclassboyracer car to me.

Like you said, just about anything you can do to a mustang. The 4.6 is weak in modern standards but you can build it to 450hp to the wheels before needing forged internals.

>I live in new england
Don't drive it during the winter.

It has the 4v Modular it has access to almost everything the Mach 1 Mustang and non-blower Cobra had.

Some simple mods include 4.10 gears, a flash tune, and new underdrive pulley set (or you could just go with an electric water pump) as well as traditional bolt-ons like exhaust and intake mods.

If you want to make more power and can spend more money, you can spend spring for an FI kit.

Wut year is that, is it a 6 speed, and how much should i pay for one

Marauders are cool and sort of rare these days. Not my cup of tea for the money, but I'm glad you're excited about a genuinely cool car OP. Don't Chimp it out and treat it well.

Its going to be a daily, what can i do to avoid rust?

REKT
E
K
T

the post

jesus the front end on that thing... yuck

>what can i do to avoid rust?

Cosmoline in November, steam clean it off in March.

Dependant on where you live and how long your winters are, obviously.

>doesn't even post a pic of his own car

>slow as fuck
>a couple tenths slower than a S500 that costs over twice as much

Granted it's not the fastest car you could buy that year, but for it's size and levels of comfort it certainly could do worse.

>b-b-but I don't like it
Cry more bitch nigga.

Even the LX Sport is a second slower to 60mph than the Marauder. You aren't going to pick up a full second to 60 and .8s in the quarter with just a tune.

Maybe if it had the same 3.55s as the MM it would be closer but the CV stock for stock won't win.

>>capable of using a bull bar

Confirmed for cock inhaling poser. You aren't running anyone over. Enjoy your getting robbed for your shitty dolled up police car. You deserve it.

My two dads will kick your ass

And then cum in them after apparently.

The p71 has 20 more horsepower and 3.55 gears as an option over the LX Sport. P71s have the same transmission and axle ratio as the marauder. P71 is also the lightest version at 3900 pounds vs 4200 the Marauder was.

$15k is overpaying. You can find trillogy/eaton swapped cars for that much.

Bare minimum for a stock car, 4.10's and a tune. Long tubes help wake them up too. Of course if you were serious about buying one, you'd be spending time on the multiple Marauder forums, not Veeky Forums.

If you want real power, boost is your friend. Eaton swaps are popular and relatively cheap. You'll quickly find that making a modular make power is quite expensive. Most people seem to play it safe and limit the stock internals to around ~450rwhp.

Remember your buying a nearly 15 year old car, that when new was barley faster than a p71 of the same year (with optional 3.55's) , or a Impala SS that was a decade older. Marauders are cool cars, but they are over hyped in stock form.

Why do people never keep the hot engine air separated from the intake? Drives me nuts.

That's the coolest spot to put the intake and with a supercharger it hardly matters.

Normally I'd agree with you, but that m112 is gonna make the air HOT regardless. Plus it's intercooled.

Lmao even for 10k you can buy genuinely good cars
Fuckin nigger tier shitbox

find me a RWD v8 limited production car for 10k

You can still increase the effect of the intercooler. Or even decrease the size. You can be flexible.

where would you put the CAI senpai

something to think about
an E55 AMG is about 10 grand now.
they made about 460hp at the wheels new.
they take to mods even better than the marauder. a chip and a pulley will go FAR.

downsides
its ugly, but if you want a marauder you obviously dont have style anyway.
and unreliable. yep it has airmatic.

holy fuck 15k lmaio

youtube.com/watch?v=mYzrQ7axBP4

proof. that cobra is not stock.
the stock E55 leaves it for dead

hats pretty sweet but i still want the marauder

i love the looks of it and the interior engine is great and all but somehow I can't fucking find it in yurop and i think the reliability would also be an issue becouse it's an s class and it was expensive as fuck parts probably aren't cheap but at least you can get every part you want when you own the merc

Its modded but if you want that look stock get a type S, a 6 speed type s will cost you 15k plus though its rare. You can get a 6 speed base for under 10 and mod it, a 80k 6 speed should cost 8k or so

you are strange.
the e55 is a car for people who like power though. i guess thats not you.

I love power, but i want a marauder

Ill get something a little more ballsy down the line, not a german car though. as much as i love them, unless its new/CPO

W211 E55 AMG

My W211 55 with pulley, tune, mid length headers, injectors, and heat exchanger is rated for 625hp 677tq. All of which costs $2100 and is simple to install.

> The german car is difficult meme
Oh god lol "car enthusiasts" now days

holy fucking shit that is a LOT of power for the money. jesus that sounds incredible

THIS

The only E55 AMGs for under 10k are the earlier NA models.

If your looking at 03's rauder's, you must not like reliability either. Have fun when your 300a drops a valve seat.

It's a super simple SOHC design. Nothing is really too difficult. You can buy a STAR scanner for a couple hundred bucks and perform all the Mercedes manufacturer tech specific shit. Literally the worst case scenario is the air suspension shits the bed. At which point you can get a set of E320/350 lower control arms for less than $200 and a set of coilovers or whatever standard W211 E class suspension you want.

The guy I bought mine from was asking 13, I got it for just over 10. Don't pay what anybody asks if you're adamant on getting a deal.
phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/5726720830.html
Here is one for $9500 asking price, you could definitely get it for 8.

Why would you buy such a giant piece of shit

>less horsepower than most turbo 4s and V6s
>weighs 4200 pounds
>shit tier 4 speed auto cuck trans
>solid rear truck suspension
>handles like shit
>0-60 mph in 7.5 seconds
>even with a supercharger it still take 6 seconds to 60 mph

So you will get smoked by almost every modern car on the road, including a Toyota Camry and Honda accord...

I just bought a 2015 Passat with 48k miles for 13k

Wtf are you doing buying a 2003

lmfao, you payed 15000 for a taxi cab. Good luck op, that is one of the most horrendous examples of automotive engineering by modern times, terrible suspension and a lethargic v8 that does nothing. adverselly, you could have bought a mexicanized 335i with much more class and poise then a fucking taxi cab.

Elegant car, looks old as fuck now though, also my f13 m6 on tune would eat your car alive.

Cool car, but $15k??
you overpaid double

pics of your m6? i like them

>0-60 mph in 7.5 seconds

I just saw you're from CT...

Are you buying it from a guy named Bob?

If so, he took extremely good care of it. I know Bob quite well. Good guy.

Yeah an M6 isn't 10k though dude, that's the thing
I could go get a 212 E63 biturbo, tune/downpipe it and nobody will even hear your M6, if that's what you're implying
M6 is sick though, if you actually own one.

6.8 seconds is still extremely slow