Should I lease one of these over a 2-year period, with 300 down and 330 a month?

Should I lease one of these over a 2-year period, with 300 down and 330 a month?

>leasing

Lease a gun an shoot yourself.

What's wrong with leasing m8

bump

leasing is like going to an ice cream store, asking for samples and not actually buying a flavor you like, let alone add nice things to it like hot fudge on top. the only upside is lease warranty on a car, but you can't change the turbo or the struts to your liking.

And don't forget, paying for those samples. More like buying an ice cream cone, you can only take a few licks of it a month and put it back in the freezer, and at the end of the year return it

>compares cars to ice cream
>thinks you can't modify a leased car
>knows nothing about benefits of leasing
Boyracer manchild confirmed

Fuck, you nailed it better than I did, when did this trend pick up, I never saw car leasing until about 5 years ago, I don't understand why anyone would lease a car is they hop every 2-3 years, but instead of owning a car after 2-3 years, you just hand it back.
>Gives up car I've put work into after a year because lease.
Sounds good there champ! Glad you can make my argument for me.

listen OP, maybe leasing is the right option for you, but Veeky Forums will never recommend it because it is not something enthusiasts do. how can you be a car enthusiast when you don't own one, and even though you can drive one regularly you can't repair or modify it yourself?

>leases are only for a year
>muh hard work bolting on a few parts
>doesn't realize you pay depreciation on either option
>lower payments
>less taxes
>maintenance usually covered for duration of lease
It makes sense for plenty of functioning adults, but since your only concern is muh skidz yo, it's obvious you don't know anything about finances.
Don't forget
>muh anime reaction face
Thanks for confirming you're a clueless manchild.

I would rather lease a Bolt, for myself. I don't consider leasing a gas powered car because it's like paying money to spend more money.

>not buying a car outright
>bolt on parts
You've clearly never bought and installed a stroker kit. Or made a FWD car an AWD car.
>smug anime face

>I bought a $2k car its way better than people leasing
>mentioning bullshit you have absolutely never done
>didn't even know about leasing until 5 years ago

>about to buy fully optioned wrx
>1.8t Mk4 gti, IE's 2.0litre drop-in, r32 drivetrain and tank, mk1 audi tt quattro haldex
I drive the mk4 equivalent of a golf R. I've shelled more money than some modern ecoboxes cost, but I've never had more fun.
>not knowing the loop of everything ever.

What if I don't want to modify the car?

I've scratched my modding itch already.

Still throwing money away, even if youre buying and don't keep it after you bought it, you at least improved your credit and have equity in the car for a trade in.

What equity? It's a VW Golf R not a Porsche 911 GT3RS.

It's still considered money put into something, it might not be much but it's still there.

Explain how this works. Are you talking Hide Purchase? That shit has interest too, and don't forget the HP payments are based on list price minus any discounts. Thus the payments will include depreciation of the car. Once you also factor registration fees and whatever, hire purchase or even a bank loan works out far more expensive than leasing if you plan on returning the car every 3 years to part ex it.

Oftentimes the sum total of the initial rental plus doc fees and the monthly lease you basically pay the depreciation and that's it.

Are you going to continue to do this every 3 years in a different car? because if so, the act of doing this for lets say 2 cars, each having 3 years or lease, you are paying 300 every month for 6 years without having something to trade in and no show for the money you've put into it, you might have a better credit score but thats about it. With owning a car, you have a used vehicle that you can trade in for value or privately sell for good money, it might cost more to buy one outright, but you have an investment that you can sell back in the market and apply this to another car. It's cheapness vs investments, it's just how you want to take the hit, because cars depreciate either way.

>when did this trend pick up, I never saw car leasing until about 5 years ago
Were you not alive 5 years ago? Leasing has been a common thing for decades. It's a perfect arrangement for some drivers.

I've always just bought cars outright or at the very least thrown large heaps of cash at loans to pay off early and never given that option I guess, I was at a chevy lot with my uncle when sales told us about leasing a Silverado.

>food analogy
hello /v/

Only if you own a business and can use it as a tax write off. Or you're going to be somewhere for a set time period and don't want to deal with the hassle of selling it when you're done.

>Paying $7,920 over two years to lease a VW
>Not including the 300 up front

Absolutely not.

Leasing a car isn't something adults do, man. It's for women.

A man should own and maintain his car himself. It's part of growing up and being independent.

>man owns his owns business
>leases car
>deducts thousands of dollars off taxes each year
>b-but owning a shitbox you paid cash for makes you a man!

>putting words in my mouth

Actually owning a car and working on it makes you a man.

I never said anything about paying cash for a shitbox, so fuck off.

But yes, I get your point. Leasing a German car is a necessity. But if you aren't a dumbass or a rich asshole, you won't be buying an inferior "luxury" product.