Does anyone else hate straight line races...

Does anyone else hate straight line races? I guess it's interesting to see on the drag strip when it involves highly tuned speed machines, but when it's on the street, You can always pretty much guess the outcome of the race before it starts. It's all about who's got the fattest sticky tires, who's running the most boost, who has the best P/W ratio, etc. Essentially, straight line races are a battle between machines, not humans. And more than not, the person who has the most money is the winner. Yes there is some skill involved in changing gears and keeping the wheel straight, I guess. But I just don't find them exciting at all.

Straight racing is basically Pay2win. I do have respect for the engineering aspect , but sucks as as a motorsport.

TLDR: if you don't race on the track or in the canyons/twisty back roads, you aren't skilled at anything, and basically you're a fucking faggot

Pic related: Initial D > wangan midnight

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4W8PaXv5fm0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yah

OP sounds like a fucking cuck. I bet he drives a civic and says "i..I only race in the c-canyons." When people try to race him.

HA, fucking KEK.

3rd gear pulls on the highway isn't racing

I drive a challenger and am surprisingly not a huge fan of drag racing and quarter mile races. It gets really old when all the guys on the LX forums only talk about drag racing

Canyon carving is a lot more fun and interesting because like you said its more about skill and can change at any moment

Plus going straight is pretty boring

no i love doriftu and I love draggu

=[

Ryosuke should have taught you that a good driver is one who knows their car as well as one with good technique. Shamefur dispray.

I bet you think 100m sprints isn't a race either.

There's a difference between a human going fast in a straight line and a mashine

If you think zero time and effort was put into the machine then you're retarded.

Read the thread

The problem isn't with the engineering, it's with the "skill" required by the driver for street builds

You have no business calling anyone retareded lmao

Well what do you want to hear? That turning is the epitome of driver skill?
If it is then we can end the thread here.

Good idea

/thread

Retard

No. A truly good driver is someone who can build a fast machine and drive it well. If you just drive but don't know anything about your car, you aren't going to be able to use 100% of its capabilities. Even fucking Chinese cartoons teach this. The fastest guy at my local kart track is constantly fucking around with his setup chasing better times.

Wangan racing is completely different to drag racing
I'd say it's more technical than racing down a twisty road. You're going 200kmh+ and trying to dodge traffic

>You're going 200kmh+ and trying to dodge traffic
Sounds like stupidity to me

> it's stupid because I lack the balls and skill to do it
Also those highways around Tokyo are fairly technical courses
Fuck off with your americuck dead straight line bullshit

wangan is like Nascar

Still doesn't compare to touge racing

0/10 apply yourself slowfag

Driving at high speeds on roads with traffic with no margin for error is pretty fucking stupid

Racing on a track is for richie rich white men and racing in anything but a straight line on a street is begging for death, license revokement, financial disaster, jail time etc.

Just not worth it unless you live in the mountains in some rich county where the roads are perfectly smooth with very little if any traffic.

>Racing on a track is for richie rich white men
>open lapping is cheaper than a speeding ticket

Wangan is pay 2 win. If you can't keep up with your opponent you lose.

Meanwhile I've seen ano evo pass a mclaren mp412c like it was not even there on the touge.

say what you will about the general populace, but the US had some fantastic mountain roads if you are in the right states. Half an hour from the nearest town, well maintained, as curvy as you could want. Man, I love Colorado.

Same here in california. I run the angeles forest hwy all the time. Although it's best suited for nighttime/ miday racing thanks to commuters.

That's not what I said, but regardless- open lapping isn't legitimate racing either unless it's just you and your buddies there.

3rd gear pulls on the highway for 10 seconds will always be cheaper than legitimate track days.

F1 drivers don't build their cars and they sure seem pretty capable on the track

While I agree about drag racing, racing through light/medium traffic in the highway is a whole different thing. It also involves driver's reflexes, spatial awareness and twitch speed calculation, etc etc. You can drive an absolute shitbox and win if you have the wits.

>straight line racing on streets
>almost always on highways or large streets, highest chance of accidentally harming someone not involved
>mountain road that nobody fucking uses
>only person getting hurt is the driver
I know which I prefer.

but it won't be legitimate racing

You go blasting down a mountain road not knowing whether a deer or someone lost pulls out in front of you. Unless you're talking about some faggot pussy shit where you stay in your own lane and only go 15mph. I don't care.

But if you're trying to compare a 10 second pull on the highway (often when there is no one around and theres room in front) to recklessly flying down mountain paths, you're a fucking idiot. People who drag on the highway aren't wangan fucking dodging cars at 300kph either.

Wow! No shit sherlock, let me just pull a gold brick out of my asshole and go join an SCCA club, and maybe we can go golf at the Country Club afterwards.

Stop trying to play the poor victim card

There are plenty of examples of highway pulls gone wrong where some tard crashes his car into a minivan full of kids

>highway pulls for an extremely short period of time
holy fuck why even call it racing if you're just doing the big boy version of stoplight to stoplight
you're not testing anything other than if you can shift worth a shit and if you have enough money to have an appropriate amount of horses, so much for being about anything other than how rich you are

Aslo you're MUCH MORE likely to get caught by police in highway racing.

Police tend to stay away from mountain roads late night due to radio interference/ not being able to keep up in technical driving/ not wanting to stop someone in the middle of nowhere and get shot.

well that takes skill and a lot more practice than changing gears, friend.

F1 drivers are pretty involved with the tuning of their machines for various tracks

Nah that's the job for test drivers

What's your point?

Post touge

youtu.be/4W8PaXv5fm0

that guy's videos are fucking amazing

That you're dumb

Amazingly shit sure
He's a basic af driver and that caption stuff is just cringe worthy

He's not super great at driving or anything, but taking those roads at those speeds are impressive pretty much regardless of what you're driving. It's just good ol' fashioned fun, senpai

Have you even watched more than one of his videos?

Basic compared to what? atleast he actually drives his car in the canyons. He's more of a racer than 90% of the car enthusiasts community

>I don't know shit about actually launching a car when the light turns green.
Sure if you have launch control it's hold the pedel to the floor and then let go of the brake but if you have to actually manually do your 0-60 times there is quite a bit of skill and finesse to it.

tldr, i'll fucking smoke you at the lights m8

Sure thing kiddo, must feel great smoking a 90s Civic in a Catfish Camaro

>pedel

I don't see why you selected my post to respond to, did you intend to select someone else?

Drag racing is pretty boring yeah.

Being able to post fast lap times is really an incredibly difficult skill. You have to take the right line, brake the right amount at the right time, turn in at the right time and right steering input to clip the apex, power out as soon as possible and with as much power as possible without breaking traction.

The driver has to have a lot more control than just shifting quickly and staying at the edge of traction.

Butt user muh trafikks! Muh no lunch kuntrol! Iz hard!

I would be glad to put yu behind the wheel of a dragster. And bet you $5 bucks you will not be able to negotiate a quarter mile 'straight' line at 300+ mph.... stick with what you know...

lol..I actually laffed... c-c-canyons

>filename

Wrong kind of drag racing, user. We're talking about niggers who race at stoplights and do 3rd gear pulls on the highway. I doubt most of them would be able to do that either.

Oh, that's right.. I'd lose $5 bucks..
because you would be dead... jew

Why are you comparing highway pulls with track racing. Are you guys retarded?

You get a lot of fast fucking cars on the street. Seeing a 1000 hp car racing on the streets isn't a surprising thing these days.
Drag racing is where its at, especially on the street

Because highway pulls are for faggots.

Highway pulls are alright. Its just fucking around imo. Dig racing is for serious business

Competitive drag racing is terrible way to waste money but the most fun you can have in your daily on a day to day basis is btfoing ricers at stoplights and stomping niggers from a roll on the highway.
top fuel is dank af, just nothing that interests me personally.
Karting is by far the most fun you can have on a track. All else is a snoozefest in comparison.

Touring Masters is pretty good.

>get side swiped by a minivan full of toddlers while doing 150mph
>no survivors

Noice racin m8

He's slow

Basic compared to all the other wannabe "canyon carvers"

Shoulda put a 350 in

You're confusing design testing with tuning.

It's more than just going in a straight line...

drag and highway pulls aren't a race they are a comparison.

That sounds like a cool dude to me.

12 yr old

12 year old.
grown adult

Yeah you CHASE THAT FUCKING BLACKBIRD NIGGER

I like both games a lot but I only have easy access to one of them. We have a WMMT 3DX+ cabinet at our local arcade and the nearest ID8 Infinity is three and a half hours away. So I love both. Of course Wangan Midnight is easy as dicks, but the fun comes in beating out everyone's ghosts and when they put their card in, NEW CHALLENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately most of the scrubs at our arcade don't accept them, they just go to no and continue on whatever they're doing. I agree Initial D is a much harder game and requires a lot more skill, I just wish I had the accessibility to it.

lol this webbim is gay as fuq

>wangan midnight
you are retarded

Richard Hammond drove a jet powered speed car a few times over 250mph, before the front tire Brikied.

So yeah. Not that skillful.

oh look! a toegay fag dismissing one of the more if not equally dangerous aspect of racing..

Which is highway racing...Seriously,kill yourself and never reply to this "bait"....

>the most important part of racing is how dangerous it is
boy i wonder if you got into cars because of the fast and the furious

nigger,my love of racing came from the highways(shutokou) of japan..Not that pansy ass shitshow called Fat and Furious...i don't think you even know that shit is and kindly,you might as well just leave it at that...

>my love of racing came from the highways(shutokou) of japan..

>...i don't think you even know that shit is and kindly,you might as well just leave it at that...
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

genuine kek

Sounds like someone canĀ“t shift a gear properly.

Sounds like someone can't downshift, heel toe, or take corners

Straight line speed is so boring. I have to assume only absolute knuckleheads can ever be appealed by the car equivalent of dangling a keychain in your face.
It's just a competition of who put the most money in the car. Fuck it. What an awful sport

I'm a 12 year old because I make a good point?

Typical defense mechanism for some who's wrong or doesn't understand what you're saying.

Stop

Wangan is shit

^

>this is not about X...
yet he's doing X
>this is not about Y...
yet he's doing Y
>this is not about Z...
yet he's doing Z

What a load of cancer

Retard