>DCSS Trunk Updates:
crawl.develz.org/wordpress/trunk-updates-25-september-2016

>Roguelike Con VODs
youtube.com/channel/UCsCqXksJuAkfZRtnW5Pq1mw

New Demon release adds more Sanctums: demon.ferretdev.org/devblog/

>Shared DCSS online account.
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on CXC).
Remember, it's not fun if you didn't splat hard!

FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/nXBycdgR

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R_FQU4KzN7A
youtube.com/watch?v=CevxZvSJLk8
youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for tum tum

It's time to play the greatest roguelike of them all.

Life.

Go outside you sack of shit

Too much bloat.

Character creation is super shit, no thanks
Don't get me started on time required to actually ascend

They're not gonna close Veeky Forums.
They can't.
All my life's achievements are here. If /rlg/ dies I might as well have wasted the last four years of my life
World records in autism games don't mean shit if there's nobody caring about them.

Our achievements will live on in each other's memories.

>grindy
>pure RNG
>pay2win
Get a better game, user.

I don't want to think of how many years I've spent on roguelikes. Not like I would have did anything productive either way.

I would but I am afraid I might splat

Time you enjoyed wasting wasn't wasted at all, y'all! It's like you think there's actually purpose to life, haha!

Reading the four four chan rlg thread is such a little treat - everyone's so new and uncynical and cute!

start training nothing but UC
get to 5 UC
stop training UC
get 5 dodge

then start alternating 1 point of UC and one of Dodge until lair, then get fighting online up to 7/8 so you don't die to a spiny and a porcupine simply by hitting them because you have noAC

This is the most efficient way to skill a MuMo.

If you find a ring of dex, get two points of dodge instead of that other point of UC you'd usually get.

If you find a shield, start training shields only right before lair. Put all your xp into shields when you hit 9 UC/9 dodge and kill stuff in lair until you get 6 shields, then wear the shield.

If you find a large shield in the earlygame only wear it tactically when stairdancing or pillardancing.

Also cheers to this guy
I like him

>lame horse

>change my character preset from evacuee scenario to missed
>everything else resets
T-thanks.

He could catch the cool horses.

The cool horses are to fast to be caught, though.

My horses are too fast for you, rancher. My horses would kill you. You cannot handle my horses.

I think I could.
I have experience.

I cannot give you my fastest horses because my fastest horses are meant for the fastest ranchers and you are of the slowest.

I fucked up at character creation, how do I respec?

I think there's a reference I'm not catching here

>respec
That shit takes literally years and tons of in-game money to do. It's a fucking scam.
You're better off just just ctrl-q-ing.

Yeah I think I'm going to roll another character, this one sucks

>rerolling
BUT YOU COULD BE FINDING THE BEST ARTIFACT OF YOUR LIFE JUST ONE FLOOR BELOW

the purpose is mumo

But what do you do once you have ascended

you do

>jerking off horses for a living

youtube.com/watch?v=R_FQU4KzN7A

I finally understand >potionsellergivemeyourstrongerpotions.jpg
right now.
Thanks, user.

I either splat my OpEns on like D:5 or make it to Lair with cool spell options, high Ash piety, then get rekt by a Komodo Dragon or something.

Cheer me up, Katy Perry.
youtube.com/watch?v=CevxZvSJLk8

When you are bested, when all hope is gone and you lie awaiting the void, what last thoughts will fill your clouded mind? Rage at what could have been, of a future swept away in a singular moment that lasted nary the blink of an eye? The sorrow of a lost legacy, for those he has let down, for his father's torch that he has extinguished with his own lifeblood? No, I think not. I have lived a thousand thousand lives, and have died many more times. Once you realize that death is one of the steps on the path, you will see that through futility of our journey. Through the acceptance of futility, freedom to break the bonds of undeath and to change the very fabric of our self understanding. To seek the orb is to accept your destruction, yet through starting anew we can find contentment within ourselves. Through inner peace, we may achieve feats that fate itself deigns to be impossible. A most ignoble death is merely a stepping stone on the most noble of paths.

>Musings of the Pharaoh, Lessons of Vault and Tomb

>Cheer me up, Katy Perry.
That's a phrase I had never thought I'd hear here.
I also never knew I hoped I'd never hear it here.

How come MuMo can teach us so much about life and death and everything inbetween?
Have we created God?
Or have we gone beyond?

Ah, more of a Swifty man? Fair enough.
youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM

is that anita sarkeesian

No gods, no kings. He merely told us to look, and we saw. With each body battered and broken, we train not our martial process but our own volition. To walk the path is to will yourself to keep forward. What is life but a multitude of paths? What is death but a closed door? You need only to place one foot in front of the other, to reach for the door and go beyond.

How the fuck do I play this? I just started and I basically can't do anything. Seriously, I can't walk, speak or eat solids, and I'm completely reliant on the NPCs. There's so many skills I can't even read the character screen, but as far as I can tell, they're all at zero.

Read the OP, newfriend.

FUCK I REALIZED I CAN'T EVEN READ

Consider getting back to more casul games.

Living the dream.

>crawling on the floor because still can't walk
>putting everything in my mouth to grind foraging
>find the down stair and decide to check it out
>fall down because apparently you need walking to use stairs
>NPC has to bail me out again

INTERESTING

TACTICAL

CHOICES

it takes around one in-game year to learn to walk

>putting everything in my mouth to grind foraging
ID by use is terrible, you should wait until you can read.

Try using the say command to talk random gibberish to your NPCs until you luck into saying a real word. It'll give you a relations boost.

>This is the most efficient way to skill a MuMo.
And yet it took you literally hundreds of tries to finally beat it

Efficiency does not win you the game alone.

looks like a dorito of zot LOL

I have the monday blues like nothing else, /rlg/, and there's hardly any funposts. I think I need a roguelike that'll put a smile on my face. Are there any close to your hearts?

>Go outside to forage for food
>Accosted by redguards
>Beaten into crit and knocked out with kokuo
>Wake up inside a big blue hard plastic ball in a filthy basement
>Everything is gone
>They even whipped off my planarium arms I prayed to Victek for
Ctrl-Q-yes

You can also selectively breed for pets that make better/more skins, meat, milk, and eggs. Use your big brush to rub them to find out who's got them ubermench genes

Give your waifu cooking and go to bed at 9pm so you can get breakfast. You'll get potential boosts at higher skill
Give your waifu either tailoring (light armor) or carpentry (heavy armor) and they'll also give you a great/miracle quality armor in the morning when you wake up

Incursion and Furyband

Embrace the content

I actually already to literally all those things, with my cute fire@dragon and trusty big brush! Thanks though, user!

I tried poschengband but I really just couldn't into

Is there a silk panties way of making it go down?

Try Incursion then.

Good one, breh.

for maximum funpoints play an android mauler

maulers are just real good at tabbing the dudes, and androids level up based on the value of their equipment instead of earning xp

Cool. I always like to risk it anyways cause holy shit there's so many obscure spoiler shit

You can play a lucky snotling tourist. Startscum until you can buy a wand of magic missile and a teleport or you can get one without dying in stronghold. Get any treasure detection you can and a shovel. Work your way down to floor7-11 and mine while spamming attack wands to get a couple thousand a floor, recall, and repeat. eventually get a monsterball. Ball a mount. Train riding while you get some more good quality gear then go do the thieves den. Then take the warg quest. Recall past it, monster ball and release 8 monsters to be your posse as you move up towards the ward floor. Then go kick the shit out of the wargs with FRIENDSHIP

Past that, just keep advancing slowly. Mine every ore dense floor to replenish your stocks. Always buy and save consumables since bosses are basically charge in with as big of a monster ball release posse you could get and phase door+device spam: The movie Once you can weaken and shovel a hydra or baby dragon enough, go ball and mount it. Spend 3-4 floors where you weaken shit with wands then shovel it until your mount gets the killing blow. Eventually they'll evolve to their mid-20s forms. Don't forget to whitelist the wands of heal monster in your autodestroy From then, you're on cruise control to cool You weaken shit with any boss tier launcher you get and devices while your mount and posses clean up the leftovers You mine increasingly large amounts of gold from deeper floors you use to buy shit from the black market and gamble shop to compensate for that you're a weak piece of shit Once you're in stat potion depth it starts to pick up as you get more ball devices to rip vaults apart. You'll get stronger mounts, evolve stronger mounts, and have a good collection of monster balled replacement mounts in your home

You'll keep getting better mounts and better devices until you're ready to ***You Win***

I actually prefer Furyband to poschengband, the early game in Furyband goes a lot easier and theres less crazy grinding.

>npc in the evac shelter is infected and dies the next day
>he had a gun for killing moose and some boots to make a leather funnel
That solves most of the survival problems of living here, just need to make a bed or something for hobo days ahead.

wut

snotling is the shittiest race and tourist is the shittiest class

idk why he's suggesting lucky over lazy though

Only in the deepest depth of shit do you find the resolve to fight like a young man with nothing held back. You wont fault like a demigod warrior of zeus.

Did they remove throwing things into the wall to train skills? Firing my sling (which makes a 'bang' sound, amazing) isn't training throwing or marksmanship unless I hit a creature.

I don't think so since I was getting a % every two misses. Not like it matters. Play your mp3 and shoot from max range

range matters

there's a cap on level gain based on how difficult your target is to hit i think, so try aiming at things that are farther away

>mp3
I'm breaking rocks apart with a rock on a stick and launching them with part of some guy's boot and cougar sinew.

I actually wanted to try archery, but arrows seem impractical to make since feathers barely exist.

And on this note, seriously, just don't pulp a couple zombies on occasion. then they're always reanimating for you to shoot at when you got focus back

RUBBING
CHUBBY
TUMMIES

Rubber tummies?

TUMMING
RUBBY
CHUMMIES

Chubs tunneling?

Man, people play with pulping on? That's one of the first things I turned off when I realized there was a mod for it.

Yeah, I somehow managed to headshot an opossum from 10+ range and got a lot of exp.

From what I've learned slinging lots of rocks at defenseless animals, it seems you need to hit to train the skill.

I don't always have time to butcher fat stacks so I like just pulping corpses and moving on. Butchers are my rainy day projects when I'm up for drying tainted meat and need tainted bones.

Deconstruct broken consoles for 10-11 plastic each. Unload permafood to get at dozens of cardboard boxes and plastic bags. Smash potted plants for the occasional bag, with decent tailoring, repair cotton or leather clothing that shares a type with plastic and cut it for more plastic. Later when you have decent mechanics you'll be able to repair car batteries and pull them apart for plastic and concentrated acid to make batteries. You get oodles of plastic so unless you're intent on making an ultra-light you're fine. Archery is pretty good up to brutes. You can snipe turrets with the top tier metal arrows. If you lay carpets of nailboards/caltrops, blade traps and lay a couple shallow pits/vehicle wrecks for slowdowns you're pretty diesel. Can even down hulks without having to duct through a booby trap/mined house to get him stuck in a collapse.

ROUSING
TANKY
CHUBSTERS

No, I mean you can turn off zombie reanimation and then you don't have to pulp every single corpse.

THROBBING
YUMMY
CUMMIES

I like pulping.

What I miss is when the damage to a zombie's body decided how much health they had when reanimating. Now they just reanimate with full health every time.

you can rouse my chubster any day m8

>tfw no Golubria unique
one job

they shouldnt fucking come back if you shoot them in the head

Read the lore, mang. These zombies are fueled by self-repairing cthulhu goop, they don't need brains or heads or any other body part. The reason you butcher them is so the goop doesn't have enough material to reanimate its host and move around.

golubria aligned his qpus and walked out of the dungeon

Don't you still have to for necromancers? And pulping does matter with hordes on, so it's not a totally useless mechanic. Annoying when you clear a megastore or something and have to pulp a billion corpses, though.

then why would pulping them work

Really? Got a link? I thought if you really fucked it up it's be a partially damaged corpse or if you flung enough explosives they'd be banged up. I remember back in the day a pulped hulk could still be revived by a necro but it'd have fuckall health

Pulping still works, but damage otherwise doesn't. I've had burnt, mangled brutes get back up with full health. No link, this is just from play.

Pulping is extremely comfy, you pleb.

If they're pulped that means they're just a mooshy mass, the goo can't get it to move around because it's not smart enough to build a human body out of meat scraps.

Actually I think it might break necros.

ok

I feel like when people say "comfy" in reference to CDDA they mean "boring".

At least that's how it translates. I mean no offense to any one, but I certainly don't find it interesting in the slightest.

no it isn't

it's really annoying because pulped vs unpulped corpses don't have different glyphs so you have to use the "all visible items" menu to hunt all of the unpulped ones down after killing a big pile of zomboes

It's satisfying.

Just like sticking a dildo up your ass after a hard day's work of resisting the urge.

crawl devs should add a new extended branch with nothing but holy monsters.