pastebin.com/vN9tKBx1

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

discordapp.com/invite/0kMyiyd1r38A7kIF
discord.gg/eA4wHVC
twitter.com/TSMZeRo/status/783362773560528896
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

how do we save ssbg

Remember when everyone was excited about cloud?

Reminder that every relevant regular left for the ssbg discord
discordapp.com/invite/0kMyiyd1r38A7kIF

Move to the ssbg discord if you want to keep in touch with everyone and play games every now and then.
This general is dead - don't forget to thank moxy, chazo, chad and rakky for killing it.

Dont forget about the good /ssbg/ discord. The one without all the blatant shitposting and meta drama. The one with actual moderation

discord.gg/eA4wHVC

those were 5 stocks, is taht chronos being bad?

Did everybody move to /v/

see

how 2 lucas
do i even bother

fair, zair, be gay fire

bump

I'm glad people finally realized falcon isn't that good and stopped playing him.

Stop it from being shit

Why would I do that? He's pretty trash

Index, rob, save /ssbg/

I think it's time to let it die.

No. The interest in smash is still there.

Smash is a game that won't die for a long time.

I was referring to the interest here on Veeky Forums, /v/ and Veeky Forums.

People here still play smash

Veeky Forums's just another place on the net. People everywhere love smash so even here people will play

I really meant people here still play smash, but they prefer to play smash in some stupid circlejerk discord instead of /ssbg/ for some stupid reason.

who 1v1 here?
wii u

How did you get a long duration of a webm with that kind of decent quality? I already use webm for retards and my bitrate or filesize always is compromised.

Trial and error until I got the best quality to resolution ratio. Try to memorize good resolution sizes for specific video durations so you wont have to do so much trial and error in the future. When you need to make similar webms.

Also be sure to enable high quality mode, not that the difference is all that drastic. It also helps that I have a capture card and can record videos directly without youtube jewing me out of initial video quality.

I usually dont touch the manual bitrate preset when I make webms, just because depending on the stage, factors like moving backgrounds, color pallets, etc affect it and I dont care to bother with that. Not to mention the 3mb file size limit is already a big limiter to what you can do anyways so it doesnt matter.

Thanks for the help. Do you have any resolution sizes that you remember that I can write down to keep with my webm stuff? Do you recommend a certain capture card because I don't have one thinking the replays Smash can upload were good enough quality.

Nope. Its been a few weeks since Ive made any webms so Ive forgotten most. If youre exclusively doing Veeky Forums webms, 1050 x -1 is a good max, for shorter webms (shorter than 11 seconds). and you can go as low as 700 x -1 for longer, movement intensive webms when you want really nice quality. This is all assuming your resolution captures the entire screen of the game, and not a cropped webm, of course. then things change.

one of the most retarded wfts i ever seen

This place isn't your private image dump you pathetic piece of shit who has no life

Hello to all of my fellow smashers! I am here today to discuss a rather… delicate topic amongst the Super Smash Bros. fandom: mods! Mods are nothing new to the community, not by a longshot (or should I say, hookshot! *bud um tss*) They have been in, as far as I can tell, since Melee! We have got tons and tons of fan games from them. Super Smash Flash, Super Smash Flash 2, PM, Brawl Minus, Brawl plus, etc. and that’s just to name a few! So, what, you ask, am I here to discuss with you today? Well, that’d be mods for the newest entry in the series, Super Smash Bros. 4!

First of all, let me get this out of the way, mods in smash 4 are a disgrace to the series and really the community itself! Now, before you comment all angrily, let me explain! The first thing to pop to your head was probably something like, “Well, how could skins be bad at all?” I will answer that in due time. Sit back, relax, and simply read and hear what I have to say before you comment ANYTHING! Please?

So, let’s hop right in with my first point, simply applying mods. Now, applying mods, from what I can tell, isn’t a very hard process. Especially not when there are about 15 million tutorials for it anyways. But let me illustrate for you the process. First you must have an SD card. Now, they aren’t too expensive, but if you don’t have the extra cash laying around, then you can already forget about getting mods! But let’s say you do have one, then you can go on to create a dump of the game. This is a process that takes QUITE some time form what I have seen. At this point, you are, or at least I know I would be, questioning why I’m even doing this. For a bunch of pointless mods? Really? Anyways, then you have to go out and find mods that you may want to use. Not that bad, sure, but guess what, some people in this world aren’t… nice! Who KNOWS when people will decide to start adding viruses to the files you have to download for your “precious” mods! Now, let’s say you (for some reason) sat through all that, found a few mods you want, and now you’re ready to use them! You got 20 Falcon skins, 10 Shulk skins, replaced all English voices with their Japanese counterparts because you were too lazy and/or too broke to afford a Japanese Wii U and version of the game, and now you want to test them out! Jump into For Glory, why don’t ya?

I’ll tell you why sir! By jumping onto For Glory, you are being about as much of an ahole as a Diddy main (#NoHateToDiddyMains!) Now, this one is more from personal experience, but you can literally crash someone’s Wii U, yeah, not just their game, their entire Wii U, by simply having a modded Wii U! Let me tell you this story of mine. One day I went on For Glory to play some good ‘ol Smash. I was playing my new secondary, Olimar, and I had lost against a pretty good Dr. Mario. Nothing much, just a bit salt induced. But hey, who doesn’t get salty every now and then, right?

Well, the match ended, but guess what? The guy was using mods and it literally crashed my Wii U! Isn’t that fun? Thank you, I wanted my Wi U to crash! But that’s not the only instance of hardware difficulty with this game, oh no!

By this point, we all know that the Wii U isn’t the sturdiest console in terms of internal hardware, and that only amplifies with mods! I have a friend who installed stage mods (which is a whole topic on its own! We’ll get there.) Well, we decided to do some casual smash, ya know, throw on some items and pick a non-omega/not tourney legal stage. So I decided to pick the amazing stage of Orbital Gate Assault! And by “great” I mean as great as the last 10 buffs Jigglypuff got! Ya know, the… uh… buffs…. That she… uh… got! Ya! Well, it was extremely laggy, which I didn’t mind all that much, for usually it fixes itself after a bit, but I noticed it wasn’t letting up.

Hm... Do you see where this is going? Yup! It was his mods! Not only that, but we then decided to go back to competitive and go to either Smashville or Town and City (fairly sure it was T&C though) and he couldn’t even play there either! And all the mods were just simply reskins! Oh hey, that reminds me, skins!

Oh yes, how could I forget, skins. You have probably been wondering all this time about skins. After all, those don’t hurt online play, they don’t cause lag, and they’re just little visual pleasers, right? Well, sort of. Now, this is the main thing that REALLY irks me about mods. Look at this from a game designer’s standpoint. Now, I’m no game designer, but this is fairly understandable, or so I would think, anyways. Now, you are a small game designer. You did all of the work yourself and from scratch. Visuals, coding, AI, everything! Your game blows up in popularity. Kinda like Mewtwo when he got his buffs, Teehee. You start browsing forums and whatnot about your game, and you find some interesting things. You find that someone has made a fan game for you! It uses the same premise as your game, but with little messages to you and just little things like that.

Every regular left already, this thread is bumped by a shitter for no purpose as you can see

We are here

How sweet! You go back to the forums and find that people have added in skin swaps for your game’s main character and some other characters. Okay, cool. Then, after about a month, you notice something strange. In short, everyone is playing with modded skins! There are few people playing the game with the models and textures you spent HOURS of your spare time working on. Well that’s not cool! And then you realize that some of the main areas in the game, people have made them look completely different! What!? I can hear you now, “Sakurai isn’t a small game designer!”, “Sakurai didn’t design everything by hand himself!” and, “Why would he care about a few simple texture swaps?” Well, let me answer all of those! No, he isn’t a small game designer, but the point was that it was someone who is very passionate about their game. Can you think of anyone more passionate about game design then Sakurai? I sure as hell can’t! And he probably takes more pride in Smash 4 since that was the last game he got to design with Iwata. No, he didn’t design it all by hand himself. But it is still his game and he had it made the way he envisioned it. If he wanted Gaur Plains to be in the background of Smahsville, he would have made it like that! And last, but not least, why would he care about some texture swaps? Well, it’s as I said. He made it the way he envisioned it! And have you forgotten about his arm injury he was dealing with while making the game? Yeah, it was literally painful for him to design Smash 4. He put his blood, time, sweat, and tears into this game to make it play and look the way he has made it for us. He even traded family time for the development of the game! He has a wife, remember? Are you really going to throw that back in his face?

Excuse me, I am talking!

I just wanted to say all this to make you guys really think about the way mods have been growing in Smash 4. I know that a lot of people won’t see this. Heck, I don’t expect this to draw any attention at all! But to anyone who did read this, at least think about it, please? Yes, a lot of this was plain bias, I understand, but I really want to raise awareness of this. If you have mods, you do you, and I know that I am surely overthinking this, but what can I say? I’m passionate about Smash 4! It’s the first game in the series that I got into competitive with, after all. I just want to preserve the game and keep its life span long is all. Is anyone with me?

>Excuse me, I am talking!
not your personal blog

I remember before release, when this was in the running for worst general on Veeky Forums. We had a billion namefags and instantly recognizable shitposters back then, all mulling about for weeks on end until the next big reveal came around and we had maybe a couple days worth of actual discussion. Whenever it seemed like it couldn't become any more of a sick parody, some new autist would crop up. Near the end I think we started getting underages from Smashboards.

But it all seemed to clear up after release.

Now we're dead.

Discord: The Veeky Forums general killer.

>tfw first time beating someone in gold

i know i sound like a faggot bragging about it but im high as fuck about it, ever since I grinded my shitter ass out of bronze

wrong general

don't forget to sage your posts, I want to see chazo hit image limit so his script dies
it's posting every half an hour

im talking about melee netplay my dude

Any 3ds fags wanna smash?

anyone on wii u feel like getting stomped for a while?

It's somewhat a vicous cycle. I asked here mutliple times when only one/two person(s) were needed for doubles and nobody showed up...
But I had always more luck with 3ds here, so there's that.

twitter.com/TSMZeRo/status/783362773560528896

Is ESAM the leffen of Smash 4 in terms of annoyingness?

I don't think you do yourself a favour by following smash e-celebrities and their petty disputes.
It isn't only not funny, but completely pointless.

It's like two children in a sandbox fighting over a play toy, thinking they're literally fighting the battle of gods even when they're dragged home by their parents at the end of the day.
The next battle will come. For sure.

Sorry, I know this is a stupid question, but I don't know much about the game.

How viable are wii mote (or wii mote + nunchuck) to play the game seriously? I'm guessing they're not but you never know.

It's perfectly fine.
Just prepare for some smirks and you'll be fine.
If you meant playing privatly: It's makes no difference whatsoever.

Not serious. Don't be dumb

I see conflicting opinions here

wiimote is the only control scheme that isnt viable if you want to actually be good. It literally doesnt have enough buttons, nor does it have an analog stick.

Wii mote + nunchuck is fine though, but a second analog stick is useful.