Pop up headlight conversion thread?

Pop up headlight conversion thread?
Starting off with a Festiva with Accord lights

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FDjmylmXxew
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_J_platform
crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25635
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Would you believe this is a 1st gen Sunfire?
Would you believe those pop ups are factory on the top trim?

Would you believe OP only had one pic for his own thread? Would you believe it's been like five years since noko was a thing?

looks like an impulse
protiop i had one

Why do people do the fender stripes?!

It is the first gen Sunfire. It's just the Asüna Sunfire. Asüna was a Canadian-only brand that was introduced as the last of the three 80's GM captive import(rebadge) brands (the first two being Passport and GEO) and lasted only two model years(93-94). There are around only 600 Isuzu Impulses left in America and that number will most likely be in the two digits within the next twenty years due to the Impulses having parts certain parts that are irreplaceable after they wear out. My guess is that there are around 150 Asüna Sunfires left on Canadian roads.

The Sunfire nameplate lived on from 1995 to 2005 due to Pontiac using the name to replace the Sunbird as their J-body car. They are commonly found in trailer parks and Walmart parking lots.

The Pontiac Sunfire was a good car for what it was, an economy car. They get bad reputations because their target demographic consisted of people who didn't hear of the term "oil-change" until the engine grenaded or people who put giant TAPOUT stickers on the windshield and constantly abuse the car one way or another. If you perform regular maintenance on one, it will last you at least 25 years.

1996 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport started that trend

...just like rotaries are good as long as you premix and drive a bus instead

GM J-body cars are like automotive cockroaches. endlessly reliable and impossible to kill if given proper oil changes.

The GEO Storm was the most popular variant of the Isuzu Impulse. There were 40,000 of them still registered in the US in 2010. I think the number is off because I've only seen two of them since then, only one if you don't count that infamous YouTube video that featured one.

youtube.com/watch?v=FDjmylmXxew

OP here, surprisingly thread is not dead. Have a Mazda 323

>lookup wiki
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_J_platform
>used by General Motors from 1981 to 2005
>see pic of euroshit opel ascona
>which was replaced in yurop by Vectra A and B on GM2900 platform in 1988
>which was replaced in yurop by Vectra C on GM Epsilon platform in 2002
>from 1990 J-body was sold only in freedomland and third world countries
>from 2000 J-body was apparently not enough for third world countries anymore
>sold in land of free till 2005

OH LAWD

>Would you believe it's been like five years since noko was a thing?
Fuck.

>forgetting Japan got the J-body until the 2000 model year.
Meet the Toyota Cavalier. It was reliable enough for a Toyota badge.

Ok, I hear you guys. A Pontiac Sunfire with a set if 240 lights.

Do you guys think it would be possible to actually put popups on some car? Like cutting the metal and all. It must be without making it look like an Albanian sthiwreck though.

Of course it is!
Two people have done it already, to a 3rd gen Civic and a 1st gen CRX.

>mfw I really really like that.

>crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25635
integra headlamps mate

This was a thing, you know.

I know, but only in Europe, 323F Astina.
Just waiting on someone to do it.

I think Straya and Japan got it too.

looks nice, reminds me of the sc2