/mmog/ - MMO General

Never Ever Edition

This general is for discussing new and upcoming MMOs, or MMOs with populations that are too small to sustain their own generals.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/4ykaqgvu

>Game databases
mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm
mmobomb.com/games/

>Unlocalized MMOs
pastebin.com/uZyHtnDD

>Popular upcoming MMOs
Bless: bless.aeriagames.com/
Revelation Online: ro.my.com/en

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

ro.my.com/en/news/announcements/pvp-revelation-online
ro.my.com/forum/attachment/2566-revelation-development-team-weekly-q-a-section-092316-pdf/
tianyu.163.com/news/notice/2016/09/28/15131_645166.html
tianyu.163.com/2016/xiaofu/?from=banner
tianyu.163.com/2016/cuojin/?from=banner
ro.my.com/en
rev.mail.ru/
tianyu.163.com/fab/1/
pastebin.com/SWMZbSgY
steamcommunity.com/groups/RevelationOnlineGeneral
p2002.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hey fuck you buddy that game was great 8 years ago. Also ya its dead

Only played it when I had shitty internet so I didn't play much. A damn shame.

oh, video was uploaded 2 years ago so i thought it was new.

RevO pasta.

>What is Revelation Online?
Revelation Online is a Chinese Xianxia-themed F2P MMORPG with a large amount of diverse content for any type and level of player. A full list of features is included in the FAQ.

>Current News - NA
ro.my.com/en/news/announcements/pvp-revelation-online

>Current News - CN
ro.my.com/forum/attachment/2566-revelation-development-team-weekly-q-a-section-092316-pdf/
tianyu.163.com/news/notice/2016/09/28/15131_645166.html
tianyu.163.com/2016/xiaofu/?from=banner
tianyu.163.com/2016/cuojin/?from=banner

>Official Links
ro.my.com/en
rev.mail.ru/
tianyu.163.com/fab/1/

>FAQ - READ BEFORE POSTING!
pastebin.com/SWMZbSgY

>Can I play now?
You can if you download and play the Chinese version, which is currently in OB. Information on how to play the Chinese version is in the FAQ.

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/RevelationOnlineGeneral

Remember to REPORT and IGNORE shitposters instead of giving them the attention they want and helping them shit up the thread!

Previous thread:

>Previous thread
Why are you linking non-existent thread

But user it says Uploaded on Jul 26, 2008.

>marriage
>between a man and a woman

It directs you straight to the previous thread (now on Fireden) back when we were doing generals if you have Veeky Forums X. There's some OK information there.

So like, this MMO is the ultimate of ULTIMATE RP MMOs right. It's not just a MMO with RP. NO, no, this one has all the features you need to be the best waifu/husbando. So like, why is it that I hear most RP player aren't interested in these features? It's just like PSO2. That game is literally a waifu simulator, but no does RP. Then we I go to Tera Online there are thousands or people RPing in a game with no RP features and the same old outdated emotes.

Someone explain this shit.

PSO2's character limit is shit. SHIIIIT. You would have to RP using something else, like a forum or a chat program.

welp i guess this confirms it im blind as fuck, i dont know why i thought it said 2 years ago

Time to get some glasses old timer.

Humans don't speak in long as paragraphs IRL when having a normal conversation with each other so why the fuck does the character limit even matter?

user you're thinking in terms of normal storytelling. You're not thinking in terms of normal mmo (e)rp

Personal preference, I suppose. I prefer to write paragraphs describing what I'm doing and etc.

>write paragraphs describing what I'm doing
>your character just stands there

lmoa nobody reads your shit fambo

You don't need an in-game system to RP it. People having been RPing weddings years before wedding systems were implemented in MMOs.

RPers only care about two things; what a particular MMO brings in terms of races/aesthetics and how easy it is to set up various forms of communication such as custom chat channels. The in-game chat itself also ties into this(BnS had a horrible character limit for chatting and a ton of RPers quit to go back to TERA/FF14 less than a month after the NA server launched.)

TERA is oversexualized as hell and has a wide variety of races from dragon women to lolis with child-bearing hips. Of course it's still active with RP. PSO2 isn't popular for the RP crowd because there was never an official NA release(NA servers -always- have the RP congregations) and the chat limitation is fucking awful.

You've clearly never participated in or watched RP if you think it's done by exchanging one or two sentences.

because its not out in the west and asians dont RP

Post DN characters.

I started RPing back when Yahoo! chatrooms were a thing. Then I moved to forums. It's what I'm used to, and I haven't had any trouble finding people who do the same.

>Slay a dragon
>write 10 pages into the chat
I guess my RP ends at the character. I usually create a personally for my characters and become that character while in-game, and they speak without writing 10 page stories into a chat box. You will never see me write a fucking 10 page long story in a chat. Fuck outta here with that shit. I don't have time for story telling unless it's story time.

>this one has all the features you need to be the best waifu/husbando
How the fuck does this make it an RP mmo?

ERP != actual roleplaying

RPing in MMOs in general is fucking cancer. They're never open/sandbox enough to allow the players to actually role play and once you realize that it just feels like shit. I'd rather play the game than play pretend and save my RPing in PnP where you can actually make interesting decisions and tell a story with a group of people.

Isn't that Asker Online? That game that was like "we want the Mabinogi Heroes audience" and shut down in 3 months?

Cute sheep you got there.

Stop with the hyperbole bullshit, it's only making your ignorance on the subject that much more glaring.

Most people aren't writing paragraph upon paragraph when they RP. Most people do expect a certain level of detail though, especially when ERP is involved. Games like BnS and PSO2 have such a limited character limit when chatting that you can barely fit two sentences in. You are forced to fill the chat several times to do the most basic things. This becomes a horrible clusterfuck when you have several people attempting to RP at once.

Anyone ever try out the everquest emulator servers? I played on project 1999 for a while and it was a blast. EQ really is such a great game. I've been messing around on project 2002 for a while in anticipation of Luclin and PoP (new expansions). It's really easy to setup and the community, while small, has been growing steadily and is really generous and helpful.

Here's a link if anyone is interested:

p2002.com/

Anyone else have this issue with dark skin characters in Rev? They look pale in-game but in the character creation/select screen and character menu its fine.

shame its going to go poof in 7 days

Isn't p2002 virtually dead though? I mean p1999 pulls like 1k players, p2002's population has to be lower right? Also are they using the titanium client yet?

I tried to get my boyfriend who never played EverQuest into it and it didn't work out. Everything feels so dated. I really wish EverQuest Next had amounted to something.

This happens in literally every korean MMO because they can't code for shit. You are never going to have a character that looks dark-skinned under every light source unless you go Drow levels of black.

They don't have a lot of dark colors. I hope they add more for NA.

Anyone play Dragon Nest? It isn't popular so I don't think any plays it here.

It's probably the most played game here

Like 20 or so people play it I think. I know I'm playing I now. join NFA guild just look it up and join.

>Anyone else have this issue with dark skin characters in Rev?

There isn't any kind of darker tone skins in the game from what I've seen, which is kind of a let down.

>This happens in literally every korean MMO because they can't code for shit
But user, Revelation is Chinese.

Actually it does. You can even customize the exact color or you skin, hair, and eyes.

The only asians that show any competence with coding are the japs. Chinks are just as bad as the koreans.

You can input color codes for your skin too? ...I must have missed that, because I only saw like three rows of skin colors and that's it.

I play on the SEA server but i'm going to try NA soon.

Since the NA sesrver changed hands there's been a decent surge in DN activity so yeah there's some people.

Dragon Nest Chronicle coming to SEA and EU this week

My bad. You're right about the limited skin tones. There isn't a color scale unlike for the hair and eyes. But I find it odd since I've seen players with green skin.

Anyway this is how dark my character's skin should be. dunno why it comes out pale. This goes for all dark skin tones.

What is that?

Reminder that if you do select the largest bust size with the largest frame for females, make sure you give them weight. Otherwise your outfits are going to be a bit awkward.

How tall can the women get?

It's a mode that lets you create a new character and hand holds you through a bunch of cutscenes and summary of the story of the game for around 1 hour (more or less depending on how many cutscenes you skip) and then you character is automatically leveled to 80 and you get some items to go

Pretty tall if you select the largest build for them, which is a problem since it can only be selected by Occultist and Gunslingers right now.

fix those tits (maybe it's the outfit) and that sharp ass face holy shit.

Same

It's the outfit, but having them at the largest size they can be does create some issues with a good amount of outfits. The under garment does look pretty weird with it, but you can give them a bit of weight to somewhat help them from being total torpedoes.

They are about to transition over to the titanium client in the next couple weeks. And luclin is scheduled to be released by the end of the year.

So once titanium client is in and luclin comes online I think you'll start seeing a mass exodus from p99. At the moment prime time pop is around 150-200 and growing.

Wow, nice. Guess I may as well play another game for a while. Aren't they worried about basically removing all content from 1-80?

>Aren't they worried about basically removing all content from 1-80?
They already did user.

What's the catch?

sit through a powerpoint presentation and npc shit talking each other

There aren't low level nest anymore and everyone levels so fast nowadays

I did put some weight in them. They're already set at 15. If I set it higher they'll look really saggy.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the tits or the sharp face. Its simply just my preference. Also the top part of the undergarment looks like it gives extra padding.

>If I set it higher they'll look really saggy.
Go through the wardrobe and look through some of the outfits in there to really get a good idea on what to set it at. It's pretty damn nice you can alter your character as much as you want for a bit, so it helps with fine tuning and such. And it's also nice getting these things out of the way before the Western release as well.

Also, have they stated if your characters will carry over in open beta for Revelation, or will it be a full wipe and early access type deal?

Then put on a better outfit when you post pictures because that one it shit and it makes your character look shit.

Guess I'm gonna wait till they change to titanium then. I can't remember do they allow boxing? I hate that shit.

Is ESO dead?

Bought it during the steam summer sale, never played.

>Then put on a better outfit
That's the underwear that all females basically wear, and it's what you wear during the creation process.

Go ask

I don't have any costume dumbass. Besides I wasn't even asking for opinions on the appearance. If you were even reading my post or following the discussion I was asking if anyone else had issues with dark skin tones turn out pale ingame.

Full wipe.

>I don't want attention
>post your shitty ass nigger character in underwear

Do better.

That's black to you?

You can try switching render filter presets in-game, but pretty much yeah, no proper brownies

>Completely disregarding and not reading my post
>Posting autistic comments because you're not into tanned skin
Fuck off retard. You couldn't even tell that I made image was done in the character selection screen where you can't change costume and the only option is the undergarment. I was making a comparison on the change skin tone ingame and in character creation/selection menu. Learn to read or are you dyslexic?

I've tried that but even the darkest skin tone turns out pale once in-game.

ok nigger.

It's the large female build that seems to be the problem. Somehow it has a lot of clipping unlike the medium and small female builds.

the outfit also determines how wonky that'll be as well, so only a few of them look decent with the larger frame/bust line.

>You couldn't even tell that I made image was done in the character selection

The game isn't out yet in America/Europe you fucking weeabo. How would anyone know that?

>thinks I'm a nigger because my character has tanned skin
You obviously can't tell the difference retard.

>How would anyone know that?
By looking at the screenshot and seeing sliders and color options?

is there any kinda classes/roles that the guild needs? support/healers or something? is there even that kinda stuff in the game? im about to start playing but im always indecisive with classes in mmos

>I don't play mmos that aren't out in my country so nobody else does

Get a load of this EOP's logic.

Who are you calling a weeaboo you fucking asshat? You clearly don't know the meaning of the word nor could you spell it right.You can play in the CN server and there are tons of character creation videos on Youtube.

Chink just love pale stuff with white hair for some reason

Only niggers like tall and thic tan - brown mmo characters with oversized tits. every single one of them that I've met in game has been a nigger.

Cant remember when but someone said dragon nest EU is super dead and multiple patches behind, is that still true ?

>is there any kinda classes/roles that the guild needs? support/healers or something?
Tanks and Healers will always been in need for any guild.

>tries to undress Assassin
>program keeps crashing

kill me

Sitting here just feeling dead inside and blank, what's fun anymore

Katamari Damacy

Dragon Nest you emo fag

It is dead but it also has the same patches as SEA

fun things are fun

downloaded it and looked at it, doesn't fit my tastes.

what is fun

i figured. are they hard to solo level in dragons nest?

The early game was gutted, all the content is at 90-93 try watching some end game gameplay

>he thinks only niggers like tan skinned women with large tits
>implies he can tell a player is a nigger in an MMO
I was wrong about you. Not only are you a fucking retard but also also pretentious racist piece of shit who hasn't gone outside his own state or country. You clearly don't know what diversity to taste is and assume every one from the same race are the same.

Go back to /v/ where cancer like you belong.

No leveling is a joke even for a no damage class like guardian/saint

>what is fun
this is hard philosophical and theological question my friend

aite thanks for the info.

why can't we just have one good game

No nigger. You can tell by the way they speak (using ebonics) and people do use mics these days.