What does Veeky Forums think about the Focus ST? Thinking of buying a 2012-2014 because fun DD for $15,000

What does Veeky Forums think about the Focus ST? Thinking of buying a 2012-2014 because fun DD for $15,000.

Except 2013-2014 because I'm an idiot who can't number gud

last of the good hatches being made, if you don't want to go for a toyobaru vapemobile.

Or you're yuropoor, in which case Mama Merkel will make them all illegal within the next decade anyways. FiST is funner desu imo fampai

I'm in the states with dat white privilege, so it's nearly impossible to find a decent manual car nowadays.

The ST seems like a good choice - it's newer, decent DD material, affordable, and quick. Seems like the definition of a 'hot hatch' to me.

biggest complaint i heard/read was electric steering feeling numb and torque steer being a PITA but honestly if you can't handle torque steer from a Focus you should do yourself a favor and buy a bus pass.

keep in mind that most of the people who bought these cars and modified them are males aged 16-21 and generally have no clue how to properly modify an FF platform and cut corners anywhere they can, so try to buy a stock one.

>fun DD
That's the Fiesta.

cool for an FF.

should be fun for a DD so why not.

What's supposed to be so god tier about the fiesta?

the fact that pretty much everyone with a video camera raved about it when it first came out? it handles and drives very similarly to the Mk1 Focus which is widely regarded as one of the best handling FF cars ever made, suck my dick civicfags.

t. Ken Block

I autocross my ST and don't even notice the torque steer. The biggest problem was the snap oversteer. A Sam Strano rear bar and Steeda endlinks kinda solve the problem.

Shitty modern car design.

Speaking of Focuses, are they good first cars? there are quite a few in my area, usually owned by old people so they're in good condition

Shut up and buy a civic for 3k

All the civics owned in area are owned by dindus and sandniggers so they barely run and because of boyracers and Pizza delivery guys, insurance is very high
That could be said for almost every Honda in my area

post your local craigslist

I got a focus as my second car, and by that I mean the first one I paid for myself. Maintenance is dirt cheap, and I'm enjoying it currently. It's not going to blow any doors off, and shares the same problem of the civic as not having much low end torque, but it's reliable, cheap, and american.

Get one. Fun as hell. Torque steer isnt too bad until you get up above 300whp or so. Wheel spin and hop is more of a problem than the torque steer in my opinion.

Never had a Fuckus, but I'm on my 3rd fiesta now (not because of problems) and will be getting an ST soon.
Fuckus' are pretty good though, test drove one a while back, it's like owning a big fiesta, and the latest gen of fiestas are messiah/10

>mk1 focus
>best handling FF cars ever made

I don't know about the newer ones, but I rode in multiple first gen focuses, and they all shook horribly. Felt like they were gonna rattle apart

The Fiesta handles infinitely better than the FoST and as a result is just more fun to drive fast. The FoST acceleration advantage is negated by it being bigger and having the turning radius of a GMC Canyon. The FiST might be down on torque in comparison, but any time you aren't going in a straight line you're going to feel yourself getting pressed into whatever corner of the car is opposite the direction you're going.

That's actually true.

But I bet you're that mjet fiat driver

Fiesta is too small to be a good daily driver.

Yes they are very good cars. Mine (2007 SES) still drives the same way it did when I bought it, currently I have 250,000mi and I bought it at 75,000mi. The only semi-expensive problems I have had with it was a leak in the power steering line, $300 repair and a $600 repair for the handbrake which is needed for NYS safety despite the car being an automatic. Considering this is NY the rust is also pretty minimal, though it developed a leak above the windscreen from rust.

I've driven +200k Toyota's and Honda's and they feel very worn out by that time. Their steering feels loose and the engines run and sound like pigs. Plus at 200k all interiors look like shit. One time my friend drove it when we were road tripping back to college and he was very surprised at how well my car ran.

Other than that the gas mileage has steadily dropped from 32 to 28 and I had to put seat covers on because my ass wore a hole in the seat.

that's because the OEM engine mounts are a shit, and don't cancel out vibrations very well, if at all. They're notorious for failing every 25k miles if not sooner, but can be remedied with aftermarket.

>no front limited slip diff.
>slow as a BRZ but doesn't handle like a BRZ to make up for being slow as shit
>GTI is almost half a second faster with a 32 hp and 63 lb-ft deficit
>FF
>shit brakes
>shit interior

Would rather buy a used GTI, mustang GT, or F-body camaro/fire bird.

>slower than a BRZ
Dude even the FiST takes a BRZ
Don't make shit up just because you don't like the car, you sperg

As a 6'4" 200lb guy that DD's a Fiesta ST, I can soundly say you're full of shit.