I work at Carmax. Ask me questions and I will answer

I work at Carmax. Ask me questions and I will answer.

show me the carfax.

Do you ever want to fuck this guy?

Damn right!

Fuck ur decals faggit

Open the door and get it.

What are the good and bad things about working there? Any interesting stories to tell?

If I buy a car at an auction or something and take it straight there would i be able to get a profitable offer on it?

sales or something else?

The good is that I get to drive a lot of cars. Todays highlight a 2015 Maserati Ghibli (going to auction though). Constantly get cool shit like vettes, miata's, etc. People are also really fun and very informal. It's more like hanging out with guys and shooting shit than being professional. Also can get wholesale cars at discount price before they go to auction.

Bad is seeing some shady shit they do, like park the cars in the back literally bumpers touching and pushing, putting literal SHIT gas (probably not even 86 octane) into every car regardless of what the engine calls for. Salesmen are lazy and park cars in the wrong places and block areas off. Techs scream about having to fix a dodge dart for the 3rd time. Also when the painters wonder why we sent a car back when they oversprayed onto the fucking mirror.

Don't have many stories yet, but today we got an auction truck with bullet holes and the smell of weed and had to prep it to go to the actual auction. The inside was covered in what looked like shit and clumps of hair all over.

Also had a Porsche Gayman with a sippycup full of milk in it. Had been sitting there for a week and it's been 107f outside for the last week. Ended up getting transfered to another store, we left it in there as a gift.

No. It's going to show up in our system and obviously more owners = less money.

You don't get shit for auction tier cars anyway, they're going to auctions because they're too old or they aren't worth fixing.

Inventory. Log cars going in/out, handle getting titles to the right people, inspecting cars and writing what needs to be done, prepping cars for delivery, getting cars to shops if need be.

do you guys actually have your own mechanics there?

We do. Our shop actually has 20 lifts, though we're in the top 3. We do everything except engine and transmission rebuilds. Those are outsourced to either vendors, shops, or dealers.

How come you are a cuckold salesman and not a chick magnet mechanic?

Any way to get transfer fees waived?
Price lowered?
Extra benefits/deals/anything?

is the old buy a awfully unreliable POS like a Range Rover and getting a carmax warranty a known meme where you are?

auctionfag here. Guess i should have been more clear about the type of auction. I was referring to a surplus vehicle or donation auction. I bought a 2001 Hyundai Accent with 200k for $300..put a $150 clutch kit in it and sold it for $1000.. was just curious if i could have taken it there and gotten an over $450 offer

can i get a bumper to bumper unlimited mileage warranty for my VW Passat ?

I literally started this job a week ago. This is pretty acurate.

Accurate***

On average how bad is the average niggers credit ?

Not a salesman, dunno.

I really doubt you'd make a profit.

should I avoid ever buying a car from there?

>Constantly get cool shit like vettes, miata's, etc.
you sound like a very uncool person

learn how to ask your questions like you are over 18 years old fedora tipper

Depends. Have someone else look over the car you're looking at. We get a lot of CEL returns.

Right now we have a loaded 2015 Challenger w/scat pack and 1k miles for $39k. Not a bad deal.

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Carmax trains their employees to believe that they are the greatest car dealers out there, that other dealerships are out to rip off the general public.

It's the other way around... When you go to trade in your car, you'll input everything in to the computer and come up with a conclusion on what to offer and a lower offer will be printed out.

The cars they buy are not any better than any other car bought from auction, they do have a check out off sheet when the car comes in but it gets destroyed when logged into their system and only what the car needs or is bad is logged into the computer, For example... Tires: Good, Wheels: Good, Tire sensors: Bad. The computer will only say the Tire pressure sensors are bad... So if you as a owner want to see this sheet, It will be lacking significant amount of information. You have no way to know for sure if anything or everything was looked at.

After "reconditioning" if needed, it's tossed on to the lot with a "signed" CQC 2 sided piece of paper put in the glove box... It's not specific to any car as it'll list automatic and manual transmission in the list.

They run an autocheck, Not a carfax and are not obligated to tell you a car was wrecked as long as the autocheck says it's clear.

Repairs are made in house most of the time with as much cost cutting as possible.

Stay far away from Carmax... The warranties are 3rd party also, not carmax's problem after 30 days.

They are a disgusting company tbqh. Only schmucks would deal with them.

Mostly right, except the appraisal isn't as simple as KBB. The buyer inspects it, inputs it into Carmax' own program, which lists what the same car has sold for at different Carmax stores and dates. They look at those prices, Blackbook prices for the car, and then local dealer prices. Once that's done the buyer asks the other buyers in their single room office if that price seems right, and if no one says shit, there's the offer.

Never buy a used car with more than 20k miles from Carmax and if you do buy a car, unless it's a diesel, siphon out the shitty gas.

I live in Commiefornia, why the fuck are there so many cars from back east showing up on west coast Carmax lots?

>find 2 clean vettes in memeshift
>Mfw both have spent good amount of time in some rust belt shithole
>REE!!.pjeg
>also found a 370z and a few Camaros with similar histories
It's just seems odd that a shitbox would be shipped across the country to be sold. Wouldn't the shipping costs kill profit margins?

God you guys lowball people on trade-ins so fucking hard

How clean should vehicle be when I take it in to get a buy offer from them? How long will it take me in/out if I have an appointment with them? I owe much less than it is worth, will this factor into the price they offer me, or will that just be left till the end after we agree on price?

Thanks!

The buyer will know what can be detailed out and what can't. Every car we put on the lot gets at least a minor detail. Try to make it not look like someone fucking died in there.

Depends on location and flow of customers so I can't say.

They just subtract what you owe out of the offer and give you what's left after any other fees. Doesn't affect the offer.

It's usually the niche cars that get low offers, and that's to deter you from trading those in. Carmax wants stuff their target audience will buy fast, like Ford Escapes. We have 40 of them. Whereas we've had a 2014 WRX sitting on our front lot for 6 months.

We still typically offer more than a dealer will, but not a private sale. Consider it in the middle for the most part.

>We still typically offer more than a dealer will

Dude, no offense, but you are delusional on that point

Carmax is one of my dealership's primary competitors. We secret shop you on appraisals all the time, plus I have countless customers bring in your little yellow and blue appraisal papers, and I literally cringe at the offers you give on newer model shit like Altima's and Civics

You guys are the automotive equivalent of cash 4 Gold, you offer 65-75% market value in hopes that people get greedy and bit on the "get a check today" line, even though you don't actually write people a real check, which I have always found lulz-worthy

I'm just guessing people go when they don't give a fuck about putting effort to get the maximum value of their car

But what the fuck do i know, your the expert lol

>talking shit about another dealer when you make money off putting people into 25% loans they'll never be able to afford to pay off
And what you do is somehow better than a lowball offer? You absolutely can't justify what you do while you're bashing another dealer for making money.

The "we buy any car" bit IS for people to lazy/clueless to realize they can get a better offer pretty much anywhere else lol

With trade-ins, the customers I usually lose to Carmax are people who are just stupid upside down on a trade, because the lenders Carmax have lined up will eat the negative. If you are 7 grand upside down on a PT Cruiser, the extra thousand I offer on trade doesn't mean shit if I can't get a bank to lend you any money

As stated many times before, I am not a life coach.

I very clearly articulate to every customer the terms of the loan, and it's total cost. They sign no less than 5 documents about the loan. One page is literally nothing but the APR, length, monthly payment, interest charge, and total cost in HUGE font.

People getting 35% don't give a flying fuck what the real cost is. All they care is that you told them they can get a car.

I didn't say anything about morality. I just pointed out your hypocrisy.

What's hypocritical about it? Carmax guy said they make offers that are higher than other dealers. I made the point that they are usually the lowest offer on the market. I didn't say anything about being better, just that he' wrong about where in the market his dealership's offers rank

It's not hypocritical to point out that someone might be mistaken about something.

Please tell me how you know about every carmax dealer in the country and how they compete in their local market against other dealers. Do you, without a doubt, know that other dealers offer more than his dealership? No, you don't. If you have to ask what's hypocritical about someone that scalps people for money and lowball trades, then maybe you need a new """"""""""""ivy league"""""""""""" education.

>Being this salty

>sucking a dude's cock on Veeky Forums because he tells stories about helping to fuck people over
Wipe the jizz from your mouth before you mention salty.

Like I said, depends on where you go. I know you're on the East coast, while I'm on the west coast. CM gave me the highest offer of any dealer for my car, and the same with my ex-girlfriends car. I traded mine in at a name brand dealer where I bought my current car and they offered me $1200 until I showed them the appraisal slip, which they matched.

I'm not a jew shilling cuckmax, I'm just saying typically from my experience out here, CM offers more than dealers.

Meant $1200 less.

Nah man, it's just hilarious to watch you get so fucking worked up over a stranger on the internet, like he kicked your dog or stole your girlfriend. It reaks of either being jealous or being a loser, and it's humours for me because I frequently see you sperg out in threads where lpg is posting

>anonymous is one person
>call someone who doesn't understand how economic markets work stupid means I'm worked up
>must be a loser
Right. You're so triggered that someone doesn't bend over and lick the guy's balls that you have to respond to shit that's not even directed towards you. Keep having wet dreams about a car salesman though. Closest you'll get to getting laid anyway.

To be fair the guy does have a point. Can't assume things are the same in every market.

We're right outside an Automall so Carmax here is aggressive with their used buying prices to try and keep them from going to dealers. The dealers counter that by offering matching what Carmax offers. Out here you just get a Carmax paper as a baseline, then let a dealer give you their offer without telling them what Carmax offered to see if they offer more.

>all that anger

Chill out dude, getting that mad isn't good for your blood pressure

It's also entirely possible that I worked for Carmax for a few months before meeting the man who got me hired at my current dealership (which spawned all my stories) and that I still have friends who work for them :)

>making fun of your ignorance means I'm angry
Kek. Alright guy. Whatever helps you believe you're right.
>knowing a few people that work at carmax means you know the entire market
I bet you think Walmart prices are the same everywhere, too.

dude if you're trying to troll, you are awful because this post sounds angry as fuck

>sounds
Wasn't aware typed words made sounds. I'm not sure what's more baffling, how much of an autistic obsession you have with this guy, or that you think someone bantering is actually upset. You really should make some real-life friends if you put this much effort into defending your tripfriend.

>Getting this mad
If you were just angry that what he said was wrong, you'd put forth evidence he was actually wrong.

Wild, speculative personal attacks are the mark of baseless argument or of jealousy. If you want to get this worked up over strangers on the internet having a conversation you're welcome to, just know that those of us spectating are laughing at you

I'm obsessed with you fool, get your autism right.

>vehicle markets are different across the country is a baseless argument, which was even confirmed by
The ignorant are free to laugh all they want. It's provably quite blissful. I suggest you put a little effort into learning how economic markets work before you make yourself look even more stupid defending your mancrush.

Carmax actually holds their own wholesale dealer-only auctions where they sell a LOT of cars.

My uncle runs a small used car lot, in the past he would only go through Manheim but lately he's been getting more and more of his inventory from the local Carmax auction.

And it's good stuff too, a lot of the vehicles are only 4-6 years old and under 100K miles.

Do you still have your pet hedgehog?

Talk to me about the warranty.

Is it good? Do they honor claims all the time?

Doug demuro makes it seem like it's even better than some manufacturer warranties

SHOW ME THE CARFAX

Bought my car from Carmax for $26K at the beginning of the year... Had it 6 months and put 10K miles on it. And when I decided to trade it in, They offered $17K...

It's a 370Z. Apparently my wheel spacers, TWM shift knob and "the thing where the car revs itself" affected the value negatively.

The thing about the car revving itself is the syncro rev match feature on the sports package 370z's (factory option)... Fucking appraiser is retarded.

Went to a Nissan dealership literally next door and got $19,500 for it.

This is in California, Modesto to be exact.

I mean any warranty is good so long as the place giving you that warranty will actually honor issues without contesting you on every claim you make. Gonna depend on where you take it to.

>going to Modesto ever

Yep. We have a fleet driver come and grab whatever wholesale cars he can. Sucks when I have to help because those cars can be fucking disgusting since we do nothing to them. Vans that have trash out the ass and hair all over with the smell of shit in them. Lots of Mini Coopers too. 6 in our wholesale section last time I worked.

>Inventory.

KMX sales reporting in. You guys get shit pay. 9ish an hour?! Fuck that. So sad. Sales sucks, but I average $20 - 30 an hour most weeks. I most feel sorry for the BO staff. They should be making $15/hr easy... Instead of the $10/hr or so they key.

And Tom made $11.3 mil last year. It's sick.

As to appraisals, we won't give you more than a dealer will pay for it at auction. Why should we? We can buy one just like yours for that amount. It ain't your best offer most likely, but it's clear and easy.

Where do babies come from?

Why do you all NEVER wash the cars before putting them on the lot? I've gotten a few cars through Carmax, and while never had issues with the cars in general, it would just really go that extra mile of making them look good just sitting out there. Yes I know they wash them when you get the, but honestly why not prior? Or wiping down the interiors too.

Cars that go on the lot get detailed, then sent through inventory, who gives it a final prep. Most of the time it'll be a while before anyone washes it again. We either take out our truck that has a pressure washer and spray down dirty cars on the lot or send it back to the detailers.

I'm making $15/hr after finishing all my inspection certs. Not like it's a hard job.

Wow. The max the RAs at my store make is about $13. Are you in CA?

Yep.

>hating Modesto
>someone know Modesto

You take that back. Yeah I hate it here too but it home for now. Wanna get some taco?