Sup Veeky Forums, just picked this up today and wanted to share. It's a 2008 BMW 135i with 62k miles that I paid 16...

Sup Veeky Forums, just picked this up today and wanted to share. It's a 2008 BMW 135i with 62k miles that I paid 16.8k for. I'm coming from a 09 civic si so this is a huge upgrade for just a few extra grand on top from selling the civic. The plan is to tune, catless downpipe, chargepipe and an electronic cutout for the exhaust after the downpipes. Kind of crazy how much nicer it all is and how much more power I get for relatively little extra cash on top.

How did I do? I'll post some more pictures.

>16.8k
That kinda seems a bit expensive especially when it's a 2008.

The interior is growing on me

I'm actually happy with the price. I shopped around for a while but there just aren't many of them around even in socal. 100k+ cars go for around 15k and anything newer and with less miles is immediately over 25k.

Lots of tuck but no rubbing. Definitely going to raise the height though and I'll probably get Apex arc-8's like everyone else with a 135.

You traded an 8th gen Si for that pos? Damn.. you should have just boosted the Si.

nicely done OP.

Do you have the funds for maintaining that car? I imagine it will cost a bit more in yearly maintenance to keep running vs a civic.

Also what are your plans when the car hits above 100k miles and the turbos are likely to give out?

I'm incredibly interested in this car, but I've never been able to give myself a good answer to the above questions.

How would you go about answering them?

>debadged
>GM flexfuel badge
What the fuck

I noticed that too, what a queer way to badge your car

>should have been an ecoboost badge

You should have been stillborn

My mum tried to abort me but I was too stronk.

It's never too late.

I do and I know there will be more upkeep costs. But I've had the Si since new and I've honestly grown out of it.

The HPFP is still under warranty and other things like the water pump and some gaskets that tend to leak have already been replaced. When turbos go out since they're out of warranty I'll upgrade them. But I only put on 35k in 7 years of ownership of my Si so I'm not worried about that yet.

I would have debaged it anyway but the flex fuel badge is silly. Still I plan on going flex fuel at some point since all I need is a tune and a fuel sensor

You can't abort someone after they've been born you silly billy. I bet you don't even have ecoboostâ„¢ do you?

Oh less miles, alright. One question. Are the exhaust tips too outward? It looks like that in the pic.

What has already been done to it mod-wise? I see the exhaust is quads already.

What is with that CF on the bumper? Is it some laminate peeling or is it scraped or?

Interesting size exhaust tips... Full body photos perhaps?

Buy a Cobb AccessPort and gain 100whp and not be a faggot

Awesome car bro! I've been planning to buy a 2008 one soon and I'm stuck on reliability. Do you think the reliability will be good? I've never been so tempted to buy a car.

>n54

You can make 400HP out of that with a tune easy (juice box). Good choice, but it will got costly to fix.

>no dipstick
Trash.

Gud luck with drowning in pussy. Buy scuba gear.

U couldve gotten an m5 for same moony. E39, at least before it starts breaking down.

He could've gotten a clean 540i for 5-8k and had plenty of money left over for emergencies.

Who you trying to impress

>nigger exhausts
>tacked on fake carbon fibre
>blacked out kidneys
>drilled discs
>red interior
>significantly lowered

If you wanted everyone to know you were a faggot why didn't you just blow 50 people at the local gay bar?

Just the catback, intake, and coilovers

The bumper is two piece with a removable stock 'diffuser' so that's a carbon fiber replacement that's just cracked in a couple spots.

I'm thinking JB4 but Cobb is an option too

From what I've seen and heard there will be problems and they won't be cheap. But these and the 335i just have so much potential. Nothing quite like a twin turbo straight 6 in a good chassis.

Or I could have leased a new civic LX for just $129 a month?

The CF isn't fake tho and the red interior is kinda cool imo. Everything else? Sure.

seriously looks like something gs400goy would drive

>09 si
>SoCal
>135i
Are you the user with the focus wagon that used to attend NoCal meets by chance? Kinda random, but I remember him saying he had an Si back home in SoCal and he was mirin' the Elliott Roger fag's black 135i at the first meet

why are you bringing back these feels? I miss that god machine ;_;

>Mfw

Damn, small World. God I love the comfiness of this board. Nice car br/o/, enjoy the major upgrade

Lol I had the same reaction. Good memory user, which car did you have back in those glory days?

Cool man, this is on my short list of cars I'm looking for in the near future, let us know how it does.

>dat sweet true twin-turbo N54

Do you think the M package is worth the extra money?

Don't. Get an actual good BMW instead of this trash.

Yeah, I'm also considering the E46 M3, C5 FRC/Z06, and an FD RX7.

Though I have heavily considered the 08-10 135i's.

BMW//M is always worth. Way more bragging rights and much cooler bumper emblem.

hey op for 2k more i got a 550whp evo x with a fully built engine and over 100k miles

desu any bmw will definitly not be your best value or hp bang for buck but if people werent different with different wants likes and living situations what would the world be then so i say you did just fine

Eliot drove a 328i btw

It's not an ///M, it's an M-Package 135i before the 135iM, or 1M existed.

M packages are nice, especially the front mod. I don't understand why anyone would buy them though, it's basically a ricer BMW since it's not actually the performance version.

I was driving the autotragic civic

>tfw I still have it
Truly suffering

>mfw you payed only 16k for a high spec 1 series and that user payed 15k for a shit box Mercury marauder from 2003

Nice work OP, the 135i is a fun car. Pretty sure it uses the N54

>328i
That's correct, but I remember OP making the comment "who invited Elliott Rodger?" when the black 135i fag showed up at the meat. Ah, good times

>mfw you payed only 16k for a high spec BMW 1 series and that user who posted earlier payed $15k for a 2003 mercury marauder shit box

Nice work OP, the 135 is a fun car. Pretty sure it has the n54 in it

>Low mileage, limited production Marauder
>shit box
Yeah, nah. They're pretty collectible actually.

Yeah nah
You sound like a delusional boomer

>muh """""luxury""""" crown vic is collectible

It certainly sounds like "you know what you got" kek

Well I'm not that guy, but I didn't claim that the marauder is a luxury car. It is really comfy like all crown vic based vehicles though. Its a really niche vehicle but that's what makes it moderately collectible, examples with mid-high mileage go for 10-7k respectively. Not to mention its far more reliable than BMW.

Not the same guy, nice try tho.

There aren't many, yes, but they're only desirable because of Panther platform fetishists with a boomer-esque attitude. The Marauder is in no way impressive for its time, let alone now. It's still 302 hp in a two ton sedan that wallows through the turns.

But the marauder that user bought had 60k miles on it and severely over payed for it

It's literally a crown cic with a modified 4.6

I agree about the boomer thing but
was criticizing him for paying 15k, but if the guy wanted a low mileage one, that's what he had to pay. The 3in exhaust sounds great and they are attractive cars with a nice ride so its not like he got robbed.

Not too long ago one with 60k went for like 12 or 13 in my area so he honestly probably didn't overpay that much. I do agree they are overpriced, but he didn't necessarily overpay.

Just because they regularly go for that much doesn't mean it isnt over priced

It just means it has boomer tax on it

I said I agree they are overpriced, but he didn't really overpay that much.

Didnt he though?

The car is extremely slow, gets horrible gas mileage, and handles pretty bad. Plus it's 13 years old. I would say paying $15k for that POS is over paying by a lot

He didn't overpay if he played right around the market value for one, You don't buy a marauder or any panther platform car for gas mileage and handling, so criticizing the guy for buying a car that doesn't gave qualities that he didn't want in the first place doesn't make much sense. The Marauders 0-60 time isn't stellar but it has ample power for any application, it has long gears and can get decent mileage if you drive conservatively.