/blaz/ - BlazBlue General

Previous timeloop: Console Lobby password is always vidya
PC Lobby Naming Convention: /Blaz/ (Region) (East/West)

> NEWS
- CF console release will be on October 6th in Japan, November 1st in the US and November 4th in Europe
- Blazblue Variable Heart, a new manga starring Mai, is currently being published
- XBlaze Code Embryo, XBlaze Lost Memories and Chronophantasma Extend are available on Steam
- The DLC of Es will be available to download for free 2 weeks after the Japanese release and 1 week after the US release
- The DLC of Mai will become available on October 27th in Japan
- No dub for western release. Decision has been made, let's not start shit.
- CF demo available in JP PSN (preorder required) and in US PSN from October 11th; does not include Es or Mai.

> USEFUL LINKS
- Match Videos
pastebin.com/e119EKtk
- News, Guides, Combo Listings
dustloop.com/forums/
dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
- Story Stuff
blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/BlazBlue_Wiki
- Player List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PaARR543UOJHThsb4ly4Sr--0wj24yj1hoHpkEPmCjc/edit?pli=1#gid=0
- Other Media (Remix Heart, Soundtracks, Bururaji, etc)
pastebin.com/T8UH1pMG
-Frame data/hitbox viewer
boxdox-bb.dantarion.com
-/blaz/ Discord
discord.gg/DKTKFMg

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11360638
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pizzanami

Make Kajun playable.

Here's a better candidate. He can fight, which would be pretty appropriate for a fighting game.

From last thread

Full BBCF data is preloading available right now. Will be available in exactly 48 hours from now.

If you don't want Kajun playable you're gay. You guys aren't gay right?

Mei lived over a century ago and has no connection to the current cast. What would be the justification for adding her? I don't think that any of the Amanohokosakas should be playable.

Best armpits

This is the better candidate

If only I had it

Breakblue with femdom Nine on Ragna when

Nice!

Nice

and saved

I dunno, man. I think even Bullet can beat him.

I already play Izayoi and I want an easy side character. Is Hakumen execution simple?

I'm going to practice hard and be the best Es player that I can be!

Considering that if she attains her Drive she has the ability to seal up the Black Beast, and Ragna is on the verge of becoming it since he refuses to accept becoming an Entitled, I would say she has a fuckload more to offer than Kajun, who didn't even contribute shit in the manga she herself was in until Variable Heart where her role can essentially be summarized as "designated spear caddy".

Hell, being an Amanohokosaka alone puts her at a stronger connection with the current cast than Kajun, seeing as how that is connected to both Bang and Kagura. All Kajun has is Mai and Kokonoe, one of which can be equated to Mei's connection with Es, and the other was literally a goddamn phonecall at the end of Remix Heart.

Face it, Mei is a better inclusion than Kajun in every single way. Oh, and not to mention that the whole "trap" archtype thing you mentioned is already used by Kokonoe, who is essentially her superior in every way. Mei doesn't have an equal in the current playable roster.

will the NA demo have Es and Mai

I'm gay.

There's Azrael for you niggers.

I'm not interested in Kajun being playable, but Mei's worthless in a fight. In fact, the only non-villain in XBlaze to be worth anything in combat is Es.

Mai won't even be out in Japan when the NA demo releases ya fool.

I want that black guy from the concept art he looked cool. Looks like more of a GG character though.

Hopefully Es

To produce the best girl obviously.
Go with whoever you feel like you'll have the most fun with man.

Only Es if you're lucky

Can't wait to shit on all you again

Who is this?

2+10 pls

>Mei's worthless in a fight
Did you not see when she fought Acht, Kuon, and several unfinished interventions like against Akira? Kuon is a candidate for becoming one of the 10 Sages based on her own capabilities, and Mei managed to mirror those strenghts.

Hell, she's even spoken of as having more power than her predecessor, which is pretty damn telling considering the opposite is what's been happening in her bloodline. In Lost Memories, she specifically mentions that she's been combating Unions ever since she was a young girl, and we've seen her display those strengths when she does.

how hard is nine

Im looking forward to it.

Kokonoes gravitons aren't really what I mean when I say traps. I mean more like Byakuyas webs from UNIEL. Gravitons don't feel like that.

Super easy to get a basic grasp of but she seems like she's pretty hard to use optimally.

Having a spinoff character that has had no role in the story popping in out of nowhere to seal the Black Beast in the climax of the story would feel forced as fuck. Bang and Kagura have never even met Mei; the fact they had a connection with one of her descendants doesn't mean anything. Es knows Mei and has worked with her in the past but they were never close. And Es never even existed in the main Blazblue world so the Mei of this world wouldn't know her.

I'm not the one that mentioned the trap archetype. By the way, Kajun was in contact with Kokonoe throughout Remix Heart and she's extremely loyal to her. I think you're really underplaying their connection.

She's ridiculously easy I'm sure a 5 year old could play her with moderate success.

Well they already forced Remix shit into the game.Forcing more spin off shit can happen.

They all kept dying to Freaks though.

Adding a friend of the main characters who has already appeared as an NPC would be a lot easier to justify than resurrecting a long-dead character that pretty much nobody knows.

>the bomb on Bunker
>the electric trap
>fireball combined with Graviton
>Black Hole literally being distance-specific
Kokonoe is pretty damn plenty a trap character.

>Having a spinoff character that has had no role in the story popping in out of nowhere
You mean like Es who came out of nowhere and is suddenly the grand Gatekeeper? Or Naoto who came out of nowhere and is now pushing Ragna out of existance with his presence? Because that shit doesn't mention anything. Ragna turning into the Black Beast is a legitimate problem in the story, one that can be solved by her presence. Kajun has nothing to contribute in comparison.

>Es knows Mei and has worked with her in the past
Mei was constantly influenced by Es gradual growth into becoming a proper person. Es herself knew Mei before she knew Touya, and the two of them have shared direct solitary scenes together.

That's about the same or more as Kajun and Mai, who, despite however you might want to overplay it, didn't really influence eachother at all. Mai was just influenced by the collective of her friends, not by any singular trait or moments with Kajun.

>you're really underplaying their connection
Oh yes, random phonecalls that really didn't result in anything other than "the Azure is here, oh wait nevermind" is a strong connection between characters. I remember all those emotional or personal exchanges that were given between the two, or how Kajun was assigned an integral role that ended up playing a central part in things and paying off.

Seriously, Kajun's connection to Kokonoe is one of the most flimsy things to come out of it.

The grimoire that showed a character's true nature showed Kajun standing besides Kokonoe. Kokonoe is clearly very important to her and the fact that Kokonoe didn't insult Kajun when they were communicating and was willing to answer her questions shows that she has some respect for her.

Other user who knows fuck all about Xblaze other than wiki excerpts, what is Freaks? Super undead not-Terumi Ripper?

So you're literally basing this entire fucking thing off the mirror showing her and Kokonoe standing next together. Fantastic, I'm sure that makes for a riveting connection between the two characters that's filled with emotion and depth. Answering a fucking phonecall without yelling at her is not some sort of "personal bond".

This is literally the shittiest defense for their relationship, because they've barely showed it at all. I'm not sure how the hell you're expecting that to even remotely compare to Mei's connection with Es, where she frequently remarked how Es changing set her down a path to change herself.

gay for kags?

Not him but bomb on bunker (pressure extend tool)/fireball (movable projectile)/black hole (not even sure what your point about distance specific shit is, might as well call Terumi's ouroboros super a trap super) is not at all comparable to Byakuya's webs. The only thing that's like it is the electric trap, except Byakuya can set that on your wakeup, behind you with a feint (UNIST) or make it a command grab. And then he's got two he can place at varying heights that punish you for blocking them, by stealing resources and putting you in blockstun.

Gay for most of the BB guys. The majority of them are sexy.

>Lewding Arakune
Get the fuck out Litchi.

I never compared the relationships of these pairs of characters so I fail to see why you're so upset about that. You can't expect to see Kajun and Kokonoe bonding when the former is undercover and can only briefly communicate with the latter. But what we see indicates that they do have a good relationship.

I said most the exceptions would be him, Carl, and Mai.

>and Mai
I guess it would be pretty hard to be gay for a girl, huh.
Carry on then.

Girls can do it.

Which character is played by the biggest scum bags?

arakune

Nine

Nine

At that point you're just admitting that their relationship with eachother is weak as fuck. No actual development between them, literally just informing eachother with little else, closest thing to personal or emotional moment is literally just asking a couple of questions near the end. That's not anything except having a damn job and talking to your boss, which is exactly what their relationship was. It didn't have any more depth to it, there wasn't anything to be explored, there was no reason to be invested in their possible connection to eachother, because they didn't show jack shit.

Having a terrible premise set up between the two to "prevent" them from communicating frequently still means that they didn't communicate frequently, regardless of reason. That's just a terrible excuse, because setting up more secretive and personal moments between the two is by no means impossible. They chose not to do it, which means that there was nothing of interest or worth to present, otherwise it would've been there.

You said that I was "underplaying their connection", when in reality you're just overplaying it tenfold based on some of the weakest scenes in the entire manga. Their relationship didn't serve any real purpose beyond having an additional cameo from the BB cast.

Byakuya is obviously a more extreme example, but Kokonoe's general mixups involve using setup tools and shit, which is to a degree, still a trap character. She has less control of the overall space, so there is a potential for a character to be more focused on that, but my point was mainly that saying that it's an entirely vacant slot or whatever is silly, when it exists to a degree already within Kokonoe.

Nine the Bully

The last paragraph of that was for

Platinum

Most of the BB guys are sexy in their own right, but I am only gay for Lord Kagura.

Terumi

Terumi isn't played by scumbags

>Hurt feelings

When's Kajun

Bang!

You were completely discounting Kajun's connection to Kokonoe saying that it was nothing but a phonecall. Even if we were to accept that Kokonoe is nothing but Kajun's boss, that a hell of a stronger connection than to someone you just phoned up.

>Their relationship didn't serve any real purpose beyond having an additional cameo from the BB cast.

That's not the case at all. The main reason that the girls went looking for grimoires was the mission that Kokonoe had given Kajun to find the Burning Red grimoire. Kajun said that they might find a grimoire to cure Mai's ability and she also came up with a number of other excuses or engineered situations that forced the group to explore the Academy for that reason. Much of what happened in Remix Heart was a result of Kajun manipulating the group in order to fulfill her mission.

Bong

So yeah with CF coming soon who is going to stream?

His new bumper tricks look awesome.

strawpoll.me/11360638

I can stream on twitch if people want me to.

Hi TO

If I preorder the Burger version it says it comes with a demo. Do I get all the netplay features?

For the Japanese demo, we only got netplay unlocked for 2 weekends. Probably for testing reasons.

Otherwise, it's just training, arcade, local vs, and the replay feature available.

but muh power levels!

>If I preorder the Burger version it says it comes with a demo
Wait shit what it does?

PS4 digital only

Damnit. I had the whole 'I don't want the JP text' excuse in the bag, now they have to give it to the PS4 Burger one too.
I knew this day would come. The day I start paying for an online priviledge subscription. Fuck, man.

Just wait the month and save your money. The Bloodborne machine isnt worth the price for two games.

Reminder: Rachel's gonna dies.

But then I'll have to keep myself away from thread even longer to avoid both the urge to play in lobbies and real spoilers.
And then there's the fact two of the characters I want to play have execution that needs serious practicing.
I don't know. PS4 really has no promising games? I heard GTAV was fps locked to 30 or some shit so that's a no go.

She has raised so many death flags that it's impossible for her to die!

As long as my waifu lives and gets a decent ending I'll be satisfied.

Maybe the demo isnt PS4 only. Someone should ask them if its for both digital versions.

It's PS4 only

Ragna looks so cool in the CF art.

Well I want you to but I'm just 1 person

>He didn't bet all his money and hopes on an NA demo

PS4 only

I am Ragna

You heard right, but Rockstar was always shit at frame rates.

I'm a poorfag and my spending habits are terrible as is man.
Fucking hell.
Fuck me. Okay, I guess I'll just ditch thread and try to hold out.

Want.

Their tweet says PS4 but news sites are just saying if you buy it digitally.

Do you prefer Ragna as a seme or as an uke?

Yeah thats how it was for Japan, only digital preorders get the demo

In daily life he's definitely a seme, but sexually more uke, if only for lack of experience.