What's a decent car for under $8000 US? I'm 22 and trying to toss my civic that has no AC...

What's a decent car for under $8000 US? I'm 22 and trying to toss my civic that has no AC. I was thinking I'd probably get a wrangler, but they hold value so well that I'm worried I may not get a car in as good of condition as I could. Problem is, most other cars seem pretty boring for me to drop a bunch of cash on and drive for the foreseeable future.

Your mom is a good, cheap ride

fix the civic.

u prnaked me user i got pranked nice

it was built without AC. I drove that thing since I was 16. Wont lose another gallon of sweat to those seats. Over the civic. Its a 99 with crank windows and manual locks.

ok so buy a clean em2 for 3k.

This user. Nothing wrong with a nice EM2. Go for a manual though. There automatics are known for failing.

I've had a civic since i could drive and there are thousands of cars, can you understand if I don't want a different civic?

Look at a 2003-2005 Chevrolet Cavalier or Pontiac Sunfire. Can easily find them under 5k, and they're bulletproof reliable with the 2.2L Ecotec 4 cylinder.

$8000 could get your all manner of almost new cars.

I'd stay away from a Warngler though. They can be fun but they're shitty and fall apart, uncomfortable, and with a soft top loud as fuck... You'll never want to get on the interstate or drive for more than like 15 minutes in that POS.

what else is "fun"? the civic was the opposite of fun.

Wranglers are nice, but they're ruined by their shitty fanbase.

Geo tracker is a nice, cheap alternative if you can find one in good enough shape.

Read the fucking sticky

geo trackers aint bad...

Check the sticky. Specifically the coupe section, sports car section, hatchback section, and the "as fast as your dollar can go" section. The sticky operates with a 5k budget. All the cars on it were proven multiple times to be found under that price.

I second this. Geo trackers are sweet little car/truck things and you would be very surprised at their offroad capabilities if you spend a few bucks on em'

OP here, will go to the sticky now, but gonna leave the thread alive. Currently caved in to checking out civics and actually pretty enamored by newer year hatchback civics.

Uh
A shitload
8 grand is a lot for a used shitbox

A civic with a manual transmission and good tires is fun. A few extra creature comforts make all the difference.

desu i never learned to drive manual and i live in the middle of chicago. Is it a bad choice or will it be feasible if i find something i like w a manual trans

I mean, if you really want to and have the extra time to do so I'd say go for it. All in all though, manuals don't really have any benefits for most people. In most cases it'll just be a liability for you.

im not sure what the fuck i wrote that Veeky Forums changed to "desu" so uhh sry bout that

>i never learned to drive manual and i live in the middle of chicago.
no fun for you, just buy a used crown vic, with any luck people will think you are a cop so you are less likely to be shot.

8000 would get you a decent used SUV.

miata

>giving a shit about the fanbase
The dude shouldn't let that stop him from getting one.

I used to want to get an old police interceptor, but I guess a lot of cops treated them like rented mules.

It's not the people themselves as much as it is how much they drive up the cost for aftermarket parts and what have you. The Jeep franchise is massively overpriced in general due to its dedicated following.

Get the fuck out newfag, you got wordfiltered because you said some stupid shit that doesn't belong here.

Veeky Forums itself is literally cancer, it's bringing in newfags just by being here
Shut it down

Well, I guess it also depends on what he wants to do with the Jeep after he gets it (modifications wise). Overall, I'd say that the aftermarket for Jeeps is a pro instead of a con just because of how large it is and the ease of getting parts for them.

I fail to see that being the case. If you're an idiot with a new model JK trying to buy mallcrawler-tier parts, sure maybe. Everyone else has a dandy time with plentiful new parts and oceans of wrecked examples. XJs are still sub-$1k vehicles.

k
meh i live in wrigleyville so im not gonna get shot, maybe have someone try to sell me a tshirt at worst

currently have somehow ended up scrolling thru VW GTIs
not a bad car

Bug/blobeye WRX
2nd gen MR2 turbo
AW11
NA-NC Miata
FB-FC rx7
MKII-MKIII Supra
W123 Merc
Unmolested s13-s14
Forester XT
bmw 2002,e21,e30,e36,e34

Just a few that come to mind, all cars you can have NICE examples of for 8k, could find a shittier s2000 or 350z or something too

There's plenty of others, just have to look around

>ecoshit
>reliable
PICK ONE

Alright man, let me just tell you, you don't want a wrangler.

There's about two pros to owning a wrangler

>You can take the doors/roof off
>White girls love them

That's it. If you buy a MOPAR jeep, reliability is a joke, and if you buy pre chrysler, good luck getting one in good condition for a good price. On top of being incredibly dangerous to drive.

Even the MOPAR ones are dangerous, although not as dangerous, they're newer so safety is better, but that doesn't mean they're any easier to drive. Everyone I know that bought a jeep crashed it.
Do yourself a favor and get a 90s land cruiser. They're reliable, they're tanks, and V8

or even better, restore an FJ40.

Bugeye wrx
/thread

>incredibly dangerous to drive
Seems like an exaggeration

>Everyone I know that bought a jeep crashed it
Did they all drive them like assholes/idiots?

I should also add that I support the Land Cruiser idea.

The Ecotec engine is bulletproof you tard

>Seems like an exaggeration

He doesnt know about Jeep's Death Wobble.