ITT: cars that you didn't know existed
Pic very related. Saturn L-series.
Apparently it's a fucking Opel.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QZe0eoUvbbM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Apparently it's a fucking Opel.
So is this.

None of these were straight up Opel rebadges, the only shared platforms with Opels and bear a few styling similarities here and there.

t. guy from Opelland

Here's another.
Infinity M35. Never seen one, but I now want one terribly because it has ASS COOLING SEATS HOLY SHIT

Found it on Craigslist. Just texted the guy asking if he wants to trade for my Audi. I'll do it in a heartbeat.

My ex-boyfriend's mom used to have one. 2.2L 4 cylinder and automatic. Was slow as hell but it NEVER broke down.

I've only seen one in my life and that was how I found out they even existed. First gen explorers are already rare, surviving Navajos are pretty much non-existent.

Opel's had more influence in non-European markets than some may think. Pic related went on to become the VT, VX, VY and VZ Commodores.

Actually, she'd still have it if some cunt didn't pull an emergency stop on the highway and cause a 4 car pile-up.

Was also exported to America as the Cadillac Catera

I actually like it, and I don't like trucks. Looks simple and dependable.

Found out about this the other day.

Cooled seats aren't that uncommon. Rented a big ass chevy suburban for field work a while back, the cooled seats felt so fucking good after a long day hiking around in the heat.

>Cadillac Catera
Oh god what a pile of shit. My best friend bought one and it was literally falling apart every day until be sold it to some poor bastard.

Is that a Venturi? I remember seeing that a while ago, somewhere. It's like a '90s-ified F40.

>Commodores
Another case of same platform, different body. The Commodores look very similar from the side but are slightly larger.

Fun fact, there were V8 concepts of the Omega but they never went through with it because of cooling issues.
Then the Australians got their hands on the platform, dumped a V8 in there and made it work.

Or maybe Opel were just pussies. Here's an LS1 dropped into a Senator, the LWB version of the Omega.

youtube.com/watch?v=QZe0eoUvbbM

>Or maybe Opel were just pussies.
That one. An LS V8 may have saved it in Europe.

I forgot the numbers, but there's hardly any of them in existence.

>An LS V8 may have saved it in Europe.
Nah, Europe doesn't really do pushrod veeates. It would've been seen as unnecessarily thirsty.

There's next to zero market for large V8s with high running costs in anything but luxury sedans in Europe. The ones that do want an "everyman V8" sensation are Ameriboos and will just buy an actual American car instead of a fucking OPEL with an American engine.

Also Opel need no saving. They're good enough for half the Buick lineup to be Opels nowadays. Here's a Buick the Americans will never get, a 360 hp AWD Regal wagon.

They get the bodykit and AWD, but they don't get the V6.

Why are you faggots seriously discussing Opels? They're the literally who of cars.

Sorry for your American tier horizon.

Because every now and then they put out a real gem.

See (Insignia OPC/VXR), the Lotus Carlton/Omega or pic related, the Opel Speedster/Vauxhall VX220.

>Opel Speedster
damn I always wanted one of those when I was a kid

I still want one. Lotus Elise with a 2.2l EcoTec engine, for which one of the most common mods is a supercharger kit? Sign me the fuck up.

Too bad they tend to go for at least 15k still.

yeah I just looked it up and not only they are rare around here but much more expensive than I expected

good luck getting one it the future man, it's nice to see someone shares my love for this gem

also you just reminded me pic related exists

Isn't that a Saturn Sky?

Nah, although the Saturn Sky did make it across the ocean as the Opel GT. They just have very similar styling, but the Speedster is built on the Lotus Elise platform, in Lotus' factory.

This piece of american madness

Ah ok. I had them all mixed up.
Why can't car companies stop using each other's shit and make their own?

>tfw no truck from Iran

Lotus needed money, GM wanted a small, lightweight sports car.

It's really fucking annoying.
Like people that won't believe you that an infinity is just a Nissan, or Lexus/Toyota

woah, wait a minute this exists!

some madman must of tried to convert it into a WRX convertible.

>yes, this was a thing

>yfw 45k for an Opel Mokka 1.6 CDTI with a bodykit and some leather

>must of
I hope your mum dies in a fire

Strayan ones got all the cool engines though.

A Sierra ute

Its weird, but when I think of "honest" brands Opel is the first to come to mind. Just about every person I know has owned atleast one, and nobody ever really have much bad to say about them.

They never do anything perfectly, but they are perfectly fine cars, especially for the price

U w0t m8?

Also
is a straight up Vectra.

Speaking of unexpected Opels, here`s a Bitter SC.

called a bakkie in south africa and P100 in britbongland

You blind?

Looks way cooler than modern Toyota Mark x and other stupid looking JDM sedans.

Honda has been keeping us dumb gaijin is the dark. Instead of the NSX, they should just release this in the west.

>6 speed manuel
>MR
>850kg

Its fucking perfect.

perfect... maybe if you don't have legs

>ex-boyfriend