Heroes of the Storm General - /hotsg/

the real NEVER EVER (after Kel'Thuzad) edition

>What's new?
us.battle.net/heroes/en/game/events/machines-of-war
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20309337/join-us-on-facebook-live-for-our-next-hero-reveal-9-30-2016
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20285864/heroes-of-the-storm-patch-notes-september-27-2016-9-29-2016

>Starcraft maps, Alarak and Zarya:
youtube.com/watch?v=BUZBAOmzBh8
youtube.com/watch?v=uAXqZIBeS40
youtube.com/watch?v=dhhaPVdG7fQ

>Where do I find you pandaloving faggots?
/join Veeky Forums

>Do you have a discord?
discord.gg/0u3cyKnzMnnU2wjN

>What hero should I buy?
Play all the heroes on free rotation and see who you like. Don't buy heroes just to get into ranked. It's not worth it.

>Links nobody visits anyway
Official Site: us.battle.net/heroes/en
General News: heroesnexus.com
Tips & Tricks: heroesofthestorm.github.io/tips
Hero Rankings and Statistics: hotslogs.com/Default
Talent Calculator: heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator

Previously on /hotsg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CIordfmxqQM
us.battle.net/heroes/en/game/heroes-brawl/
gamespot.com/articles/why-blizzard-changed-heroes-of-the-storms-arena-mo/1100-6444155/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b
heroesofthestorm.blizzpro.com/2016/10/04/heroes-brawl-gameplay/
reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/4mh256/theres_a_guy_on_Veeky
reddit.com/user/SSJ5Gogetenks
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for big human cock

I'm gonna try sonya for the first time, wish me luck

When is the innkeeper going to be revealed?? How many hours left?

give me the deets son

>6 lost games in a row
Thank god I wasn't playing ranked.
Unranked is almost as bad as quickmeme

Take war paint at 1. Take more attack damage after using abilities. Auto attack and slam, auto attack more, slam more. Take a reduced cooldown on Q.

Be sparing on use of whirlwind. It's not great aside from clearing a lane and chasing a fleeing target with low hp.

have you completed your daily quest to lose 6 games tho?

>what's new
arena was teased and samuro will be annonced the 6

I see asthmadan players use their blackpool ult to throw a single ball
I saw it many many times, i wonder if it's worth it to burn the cc for that

Usually, if you're in range and you can cc him, yes.

But keep in mind that most Azmodans stay way the fuck back / in a different lane to chuck big blobs, so most of the time you'll be wasting a lot of time walking up to him.

However, I do think that his Q isn't too threatening anyway.
It's mostly for poking / picking off, since you'll rarely get of more than a single Q when you are in the middle of a fight.

Where's the fucking Overmind. He was the main villain of Starcraft (Starcraft 2 is irrelevant).

youtu.be/CIordfmxqQM

What was the Overmind?

Would he be similar to Abathur?

>Week of Oct. 17
2 weeks :0

Nice! I really like how this was done.

Excited for the mode as well. Happy to see weird arenas and PVE junk.

Also, that narrator hasn't retired yet?!

He was a giant tentacle and eye monster (wasn't exactly mobile) that was the leading force behind the Zerg in Starcraft. It's objective was pretty much just to devour and assimilate everything into the Swarm (before any retcons in SC2 happened). Without it, the Protoss would have had no reason to get into conflict with the Terran when they glassed Zerg infested planets. Also its voice was smooth as fuck in the Zerg campaign.

So yeah, he would probably be similar to Abathur, but wouldn't be able to move at all, or would replace the core entirely. The HotS dev team said they were considering him, but went with Abathur, but you can only run from a major character like that for so long.

>Another game mode to split the thin as fuck playerbase
I sure do love my 300 second queue times

>main villain
I don't know how powerful he's supposed to be but that sounds like putting Sargeras into the game, which would be preposterous.

probably going to be a rushed mess.

well, they announced it during last year's Blizzcon so it can't really be 'that' rushed

>almost 2 years since first announcement
>rushed
ahahh XD
they also used old footage

Diablo is in the game already. Kerrigan is in the game already.

If Sargeras makes it into WoW, there's no reason he shouldn't be in HotS.

Plus we know they've wanted to include the Overmind and Deathwing for a while. The concept of a character being "too powerful" to be playable is absurd.

Playable Archimonde WHEN

tychus can effortlessly kill lords of hell, who gives a fuck

>he first picks illidan and locks in instantly
It's gonna be one of those games isn't it?

We'll finally get more fucking icons and gold ways to evade the jewness:

us.battle.net/heroes/en/game/heroes-brawl/

>more gold
[hand rubbing intensifies]

holy shit that portrait, I need it right now

I don't believe you're familiar with the deep ends of the lore.

>Participate in 3 Brawls a week to earn unique rewards and large sums of gold.
Maybe my dream to have 100k gold will finally come true.

>inb4 large sums of gold = 200g

Crusader waifu is best waifu

im cautiously optimistic about the gold amount, hearthstone's 1 brawl a week nets you a full card pack which is probably the equivalent of 500-750 or so gold in hots

>us.battle.net/heroes/en/game/heroes-brawl/
why do they always add irrelevant game mode? They should just balance the game.

Yeah, but Hearthstone has like 20+ million players and is raking in mad cash regardless.

HotS is basically a rotting corpse by now.

official reveal of next hero will be in a facebook stream on thursday oct. 6

Haven't played at all during the last year, just checked the game out back then and hoarded a pile of gold. Last week I got a mail that mentioned something about a free hero and I thought I might as well check the game out again.
Can't find anything that looks remotely free in the shop tho. Am I missing something?

gamespot.com/articles/why-blizzard-changed-heroes-of-the-storms-arena-mo/1100-6444155/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b

It's 1,000 gold.

wait do i still get gold for the normal hots?

there's supposed to be a popup when you start the game

although it's been bugged to shit for a lot of people and many didn't actually GET the free hero

That's a lot more than I expected honestly.

His name is Harth Stonebrew.

noticed that too. wonder how long they just sat on it.

probably not changing normal quests. explains why they've let the total roster cost creep up so much though.

Holy shit that's way more than I expected. Nice
Obviously

Where the FUCK is Maiev????

heroesofthestorm.blizzpro.com/2016/10/04/heroes-brawl-gameplay/

Gameplay here

where is my free hero

Found it, was hiding right behind the popup with the quests that covered half my screen.
Thanks tho!

Why can't Tyrael and Kerrigan fly for their mount yet like they did in the cinematic? Tyrael is always floating anyway

The announcer voice is sexy

Shit 1000 gold is actually pretty good, I wonder if you can do another 3 in the week and get another 1000 from it.

>caring about jewgoldz
You're all slaves

I bet you collect the artifacts for your icon, too

No, I'd rather wait out the time while doing spastic movements with my hero.

i need that icon holy shit

That Greymane fucking up to type out some sort of taunt...

>Those march of murloc hints
Are they buffing it or something?

>Arena mode is like Gigantic, but better

holy shit

>We wanted to add new crazy modes. A good example of that is Ghost Protocol. This is a mode that is 5v5 Nova and it's on the Towers of Doom [battleground map] It's very different; a lot of cloaked heroes, espionage, and hiding. But we wanted to add some weird fun dynamics to it. One of them is that if I kill another Nova player then my core will shoot the enemy's core. So it ties into the map's mechanic itself. We've made it so that all snipe shots on this battleground are one-shots, they'll automatically kill an enemy player if it hits.
>all snipe shots on this battleground are one-shots
good lord

Wait what is this new game mode?? Is it like qick match or heroes league, just another mode? Or do you install an entirely separate game for that?

>>all snipe shots on this battleground are one-shots
So it's exactly like normal nova, i don't see the difference

It's just another queue, it'll probably just be another button in the menu like they did for unranked

you uninstall hots and play a real game

2015 called, it wants it's meme back

Reminder of reddit karma-whoring sell-out rats: reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/4mh256/theres_a_guy_on_Veeky Forums_who_has_accurately_leaked/

reddit.com/user/SSJ5Gogetenks
>ponyfucker

They are in this thread RIGHT NOW!

>A game mode to contain those fuckers who play nothing but nova
I think it's a good thing

Why do you do this user, everyone here browse reddit hots since is the place with more content that isn't the fucking official forums. Lots of handy stuff in there.

Don't talk on my behalf or my son's behalf ever again

nova is a cock hungry slut but not a meme fuck you

Shit i can't decide if i should buy the butcher master skin.. it's so much money but it looks awesome..
and i already own all good heroes anyway

how is that even a question you fucking faggot
if you own everything you want except for the skin you really like then go for it you turd sandwich
it's just 10k gold, you'll get it back - specially since we're still on the daily stimpack thing

>You don't have to win to get the rewards.

That'll save a headache.

So you're saying you're a karma-whoring sell out rat? Because I would venture to say not everybody here is.

Unless... unless... you're... the... PONYFUCKER.

It still looks stupid as fuck, an annoying chore.

Sure thing, ponyfucker

While it hurts me to read anything from reddit it is quite nice to get news. Everybody who posts news here for the sweet (You)s likely saw it on plebbit and posted here.

It's just one lane brawls. Seems fine to me. Reminds me of Battlerite a little bit.

why is not-sonya wielding not-doomhammers

But the game is fucking dead, why would they add yet another fucking game mode.

We already have AI, QuickMeme, Unranked, Hero League, Team League, Custom Games, now we're getting another mode.
How much thinner can you stretch this playerbase?
Why are they putting so much effort into this new fucking mode, rather than giving us other shit?

No one asked for this, no one will play this outside of the 3 games a week for shitty rewards.

This event cycle started so fucking good, and now this.

Because she's Freya and is supposed to be something like a mix between an Amazon and Thor.

They announced this last year at Blizzcon, and people have been asking what happened to it since it's announcement.

Overmind is just a giant wart. I don't know how they'd make him playable. The only thing I could think of would be if you could send out waves of mobs and directly control them. Hard to make it work though.

As for being "too powerful", Blizz already said 'lol lore' when making this game, so there isn't anything wrong with putting sargeras or something in.

>more content is bad
kys

>nordic goddes is not blonde

also where does the not-horde emblem on the not-doomhammer come into play

I get what you mean, but I think you misunderstand what's wrong about the whole Axolotl debacle.

ummm.. where can i ´find some good pics of nekking hero grills from hots?

Which master skins do you own?

have you tried the internet

only jaina
i've yet to see another master skin that catches my eye for the heroes i own and enjoy

I think they were the symbol of her tribe or something. I don't know.

Fuck the lore if it means we can't get cool playable characters.

I hope they make Sargeras and Amon playable and then slap their shit with Murky

none because im not a cuck

>But the game is fucking dead

You keep screaming that meme, but numbers are suspected to be around 2 million active players

Only Tassadar, because his default skin looks like absolute ASS.

Next on my list are Tychus + Mura.
Also considering Uther, although I'd rather wait for some buffs for the poor man.

Artanis, Lunara, Gul'dan and Tracer.

Jaina, Ming and Tassadar, planning on getting master kinky once the arena rewards are here

Tychus's Master Skin has a variant that lines up perfectly with the Spectre Banshee mount. It's what I use and I get compliments on it all the time.

Gazlowe
Rexxar
Nazeebo
Gul'dan
Xul
Rehgar

And the only non-Master skin I own is Ring Master Greymane because fuck do I love a good carnival aesthetic. I'd have the Gazlowe one if his robot didn't look so fucking dumb.

Johanna, Tyrael and Dehaka.
Soon Rexxar and Sonya. Could also buy Muradin and Leoric but not too sure about it.

Abathur. Because I enjoy people telling me how much of waste it is when I'm the MVP.

Abathur gets MVP every game he's in because he's never dies and that weights heavily for the mvp.