I have two friends that praise the E39 3.0 every time we meet. How it handles great, how it's really fast...

I have two friends that praise the E39 3.0 every time we meet. How it handles great, how it's really fast, how it's not that hard to maintain...

How can I roast them and make them realize it's a shitbox?

I own one, it's quite fast, it does handle pretty well, and the parts are really easy to replace in the event they break. That said, parts are expensive compared to American/Japanese cars, and mostly due to the age of e39s at this point, parts will have to be replaced.
>OP is a jealous faggot

>OP is a jealous faggot

What's the bet he drives something gay like a VW or honda?

>realize it's a shitbox

it's not

it does handle great, it has a lovely i6.

see, these are one of the last of the old BMW

It's not very fast being a 3700lb sedan with only 225hp but they do handle well and it's a pleasant car to be in and look at

It's not exceptionally fast, but it's definitely not slow either. By modern car standards, it's at least faster than a GT-86. My 530i has never had a problem getting up to speed, and the gearing is pretty good for that, too.

just a reminder

>it's at least faster than a GT-86.
What isn't? Why is this car the benchmark most people use when everyone knows its not a fast car?

225hp was good for a sedan in the late-90s. In it's day, the E39 blew away most of it's competition in handling, especially anything American from that time.

The sad part is, BMW moved away from everything that made the E39 great. But just because BMW produces shit now, doesn't mean their older cars were shit.

>E39
>shitbox

Show them a printout of a lap time comparison where the E39 is slower

It's actually a pretty good car. It's not super car fast but it's got decent speed for a mid size sedan.

honestly, the perfect looking car

you're a pleb op

>luxury/premium
>calls shitbox
its not cheap to maintain, its not econobox, interior doesnt rattle like box with tools inside it

It's faster than your teggy op

>E39
>Luxury

Look pal, I live in the middle of Europe and there's nothing """""luxury""""" about the E39.
I DD a W221.

>i dd a w221
lol no you dont, kid. go outside youve been online too long.

It might not be the latest flashiest piece of kit but it's still a lovely old boat with some wonderful attributes that are hard to find in cars these days.
It's actually sad that the whole ethos behind a car like that even being made now is gone.

I got e60 3.0d, and my friend had e39 525i. Honestly? I love diesels, but his e39 was an awesome car. It was a wagon to boot, looked great, hauled ass and was practical. Really good car.

What would it take to prove it to you?

bread

Bread on hood or timestamp

But the W211 is basically the same thing as an E39. It certainly not easier to maintain and doesn't handle any better so why shit talk the E39?

You have to remember, the GT-86 is only 200hp short of the 530i. IIRC, the 0-60 of the e39 3.0 is around 5.9, which isnt impressive, but it's more than enough to drive quickly and have a good time.

You have to remember that the E39 isn't an sports car, 0-60 times weren't their first priority when designing the car.

Freaks.
But I never say that it does those things.

wait... that's not a W211

>W211
It's a W221 as I said in the post.

bait

Oh, I know that, and that doesn't matter. I love my e39, it's great fun to drive, and it feels really well balanced.

Man, I'd really love an E39 too, but it's maybe a bit too new yet too old for my taste.
Stock they start to show their age, but with a bit of "enhancements" you can really bring out their beauty.

Still love my E32 and E34 though, can't beat 4 eyes.

Bread on hood is an age old identification method.
Nice car by the way. My old man lusted after one of those, S350 or something like that.

get better friends op, plebs like those don't deserve to spend time with a supreme connoisseur such as yourself

>at least faster than a GT-86
No
>gear is good for accelerating
HUR DUR

Rip hydraulic power steering :(

F

Autotragic v6 Merc. Kys

gearing does make a difference in acceleration you moron

>E39
>not a shitbox
>doesn`t handle like a fucking barge

You can't faggot, the e39 is superb.

It's not that slow. I see it as a good choice if you live with high gas prices. It's definitely not a shitbox, the interior and ride quality are great, handles well for its size too.

That being said, the 540i is much faster and much more fun. They're also prone to abuse because Mexicans can afford them.

>bmw faggots believe this

Are you retarded?

>My 530i has never had a problem getting up to speed, and the gearing is pretty good for that, too.
Are you?
Try accelerating in 6th gear from a dead stop.
See how that works

Swap in ecoboost

>Are you?
>Try accelerating in 6th gear from a dead stop.
>See how that works

So it seems like youre saying that gearing matters to acceleration you fucking bellend.

The only E39 worth owning has a V8, preferably an M5

Bmw faggots make me rage so hard

dude what the fuck are you literally even talking about. are you trolling? is this trolling now?