I just read that Miatas are actually RWD. Is this true, because I dont believe it

i just read that Miatas are actually RWD. Is this true, because I dont believe it.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Celica#Third_generation_.28A60.3B_1981.E2.80.931985.29
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes they are literally the best car behind the ae86

fwd arent real cars just grocery getters

0/10

See me after class...
>xoxoxo

Here ive been shitting on them all this time thinking they were FWD. Well, at least I still have Celicas, Focuss and Civics.

>Celicas
Except Celicas came in RWD and AWD.
>This is the person talking shit on vehicles

>implying FWD is bad
You're an idiot.

I didn't say it was retard.

The Miata has always been RWD. It was actually developed as a modern interpretation of the 1960's Lotus Elan.

When developing the Miata, mazda had a bunch of British Sports cars like Elan's and MG's in their corral as benchmarks They actually tried to make sure the gearbox of the Miata sounded the same when shifting as an MG did.

It's the British roadster perfected.

>Someone mods a RWD Celice
>Say they came in RWD

They were RWD but only up to '85, which was ages ago. I doubt that when you hear "Celica" you picture pic related in your mind.

I dont think front wheel drive was even a thing back then, was it?

I DD a rwd celica and I see another one regularly on my commute. They're out there.

FWD has been a thing since the 1930's at minimum. Pic related was RWD

Whats the purpose of slow rwd's anyway?

Who knows, they don't have enough power to find out.

>Pic related was RWD
Sorry. Mis-typed. That was FWD

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Celica#Third_generation_.28A60.3B_1981.E2.80.931985.29
>Live in an age of abundant and easily accessible information
>Still stupid as fuck
Never mind the first gen is referred to as the Japanese Mustang. You keep being a faggot.

>1981

Its also common for humans to digest food in their second stomach, in 18000000 BC.

The factory miata suspension and tire setup is designed to be fun and sell cars not set lap times. They deliberately give it less grip than they could according to richard hammond.

>1985
>Still over a decade before the accidental creampie led to your birth.

>accidentally projects his own age.

Could be worse, at least you are old enough to drink. You can still die by drunking your nonexistant RWD celica self in to a street light.

Yeah ill have a lots of fun getting smoked by stock hondus and mini vans. Thanks shill

Yeah but at least you will be enjoying life and not having little engine syndrome which is exhibited by your fartcan.

They're not racing you user, are you one of those people who gets his feelings hurt a lot?

Then get a base WRX to complement your flat brimmed hat and vape pen, faggot

>assblasted gayiata fags
Go away, no straight man will ever want a lawn mower with M logo

>calls other people assblasted
>Proceeds to toss around childish insults.

Another fine thread reminding everyone why this board is garbage filled with some of the worst shitposting.

Then fucking leave or call the cops on the guy holding a gun to your head forcing you to stay. Im sure theres nice fluffy, politically correct, heavily moderated and forced friendly boards out there for you to feel welcomed on.

Whats there to prove anyway? Miatas are unfun slow cars. Its already proven, thread over

Reeddit: the post

>SEKRET CLUB CHAOS LEEJUN
GB2/b/

I personally dont like them. But my opinion of them could be because I only drove heavily punished ones on their last stubs at car auctions.

However the fact that everyone who ones one says they are fun to drive conflicts with your statement.

And FWD cars all suck and are not fun to drive, ever.

At this point you need to prove you're over 18 and have a car

This desu

>gets told to fuck off
>starts spouting memes as if memes were just spouted.

Wernt you fucking off? I so wonder why you continue to be here when here is not where you want to be.

>Wernt you fucking off? I so wonder why you continue to be here when here is not where you want to be.
You have to be 18 to post here.

At this point you're a sore loser and needs to fuck off with your gay ass miata

Where did I say I have a Miata you fucking autist?

Lotus elan was fwd

In the 90's, yes. In the 60's it was RWD.

I love how the Miata looks huge next to the Lotus

wtf i hate lotus now

I kinda wonder where that guys legs go, Seams like they should be resting on the headers.

why?

probably because effu effu simply can't compete

this car is LIGHT

So is a model T, and that easily seats 4

>0-60 in 9.1
Someone please tell me that wasn't considered good back then.

motherfucking first gen is only one ton.
ONE TON
just throw on a turbo and call it a day. good lord thats light.

compares well to MG's triumphs, austins etc

Jesus fucking Christ, it should be illegal for kids to have internet access. Kill yourselves.

> It was actually developed as a modern interpretation of the 1960's Lotus Elan.

I finally understood why miata retro mods are so popular.

love those guages but hate the chrome wheel

Model T didnt even have insulation.

how bad of an idea is it to get an early esprit and make it an autox or track car?

a poor mans NSX

because it's superleggera you uncultured wanker

ok...
what does that even mean?

Veeky Forums is not for auto enthusiasts. Nobody here actually likes cars.

You'd be fixing shit a lot. It's a better weekend cruiser/light backroad hoonmobile than it would be a dedicated track car.

That RWD Celicas exist. I saw one for sale the other day.

I bet you did and it was probably on craigs list. Im sure the seller knew what he had as well.

Jesus fuck that is an ugly car it makes an AMC Pacer look like a Lamborghini

It's hard for me to believe that everyone drove golf carts with body kits back then.

Some cars are ugly when they are new and age well. Like VWs or Chevy Spectrums. Some cars are pretty when they are new and age badly, like an Eclipse. Then some cars are just forever ugly, like both referenced in your post.

It actually was, but it was actually sanely priced for the condition, which was terrible. It was one of those package deals where someone wants you to take two of the same cars, one rusted out piece of shit that starts and another rusted out piece of shit that doesn't for rusted out parts.

You've never driven one, so how would you know?

hell no they had shit like cutlasses and pintos that made up a lot of the cars then.
sports cars were rare you can see the damn production numbers right there.

>age well
>thinking a cars design changes over time like a wine changes chemistry
>being this retsarded

by going to fastestlaps.com like a true enthusiast.

why are you even here?

To laugh at kids like you :)

I laughed. Either this is the dumbest post i read all day or you are just a funny guy.

10/10

If you let your ugly as sin new Prius age just the right time, it'll look like a Hurracan. Trust me bro, that's the design aging and becoming timeless

It looks better from some angles

I like how you suddenly think this thread is a personal counseling session for toyota PR. That's great

Because if the first time you ever oversteer you are driving a superchanged v8... you're dead.

Your killen me.

They are very sensitive people.

>I doubt that when you hear "Celica" you picture pic related in your mind
When I think of straight, a picture of you doesn't come to mind either. Regardless of someones ignorance, Celica was RWD and AWD.

Only a retarded mouth breather like Would lump them in with almost exclusively FWD vehicles. I'm sure that fucking moron isn't aware that the Focus comes in AWD and the new Type R is AWD.

>AWD
>For when your car cant do RWD
>I-i got two extra wheels!

You're gonna have to dial down the autism a notch and tell us what you're trying to say.

Only people who RWD would understand.