So i have a problem with my 99 camry. it all happened 3 days ago. i woke up and went to work...

so i have a problem with my 99 camry. it all happened 3 days ago. i woke up and went to work. when i stopped at a stop light, 30 seconds later, i hear two big loud pops that shake my car on my right hood. parked it, inspected it, nothing out of the ordinary. the next day i'm driving around during lunch hour, and i stop at a stop sign. i press my accelerator and it stalls for a good 5 seconds. i had to reverse out of traffic and let it sit for a min or two, then drove off completely fine. the next day, my car does the stalling thing at least 5 times. they all lasted around 2 seconds. today it only happened twice; once at a stop sign and once while pulling out of a parking spot. when i accelerate and it stalls, it doesn't make any sound.

i cleaned out the fuel system, checked my oil/oil filter and changed out the spark plugs. it's still doing the same thing. it seems like it only does this when i'm parked or stopped randomly. i scanned my car and nothing was wrong according to it. i can't get it on footage due to how weird the timing is. any ideas on how to fix this?

mileage is 228k if that matters

If it's an automatic your transmission is going out and if it isn't sounds to me like you have a dirty throttle body or it could be a bad coil pack that's gone bad and it's making it misfire

Its an automatic. I think i found the issue. Pic related. Im a pretty big babby at auto stuff, so what should I use to seal this thing up? Would epoxy work or would that fuck it up?

Get ecoboost instead

Second photo incoming.

intake leak would not cause a backfire or stalling

maybe a high idle

take it to a autozone and have one of the monkeys scan your car for codes (its free)

every autozone i go to doesn't have the adapter for a camry specifically. i brought it to a shop and they said """nothing""" was wrong

>adapter
ObdII is universal

idk what to say about that then. either way the shop is claiming that nothing is wrong

How would a busted air intake hose cause it to stall.
> Are you retarded?

Take it to a mechanic and get them to scan it like us normal faggots instead of asking on this Mongolian Basket Weaving forum.

Coil/distributor is going.

lack of air?? idk man. no mechanic is available during weekends. a friend mentioned an EGR valve being the issue probably.

ty for the tip. i'll write it down and check it out tmw after work. as far as wires go none of them are dry rotted or anything like that so i don't have to worry about that

It could be unmetered air entering the intake manifold downstream of the airflow sensor. Stop being a retarded nigger and wrap some duct tape around it and see if that fixes it.

> Hurr durr there's a hole in my air pipe, I'll do everything else other than clog it up somehow

fuel pump dummy, theres no engine code for 'maintain your car". these things need to be replaced.

>ductape

Don't do this.

Nigga duct tape can handle 25 PSI before it starts leaking. The air in the intake is not pressurized. It will last more than long enough to test if this is the cause of the problem.

Don't want to use duct tape? Get some self sealing silicon tape. Jesus H Christ.

Better to test something so cheap before you go wasting money on other shit.

tldr; go fuck yourself you unhelpful piece of shit

I would check the oil filter again. Mine goes out and I get the two big loud pops that shake my car on the right hood, and I check the oil filter a few times and that fixes it. Cheap Phram filters are the best way to approach this, so you don't spend a fortune getting rid of the big loud pops.

Do what this faggot is telling you and clean the throttle body as well just to be safe.

Nigger just use repair tape.

you people need to stop with this

>How would a busted air intake hose cause it to stall.
Engine could run super lean if ECU can't compensate.

OBD2 is the standardized emissions control software all 1996 and newer cars/trucks are required to have. OBD1 and OBD1.5 cars (OBD1 was mandated from 1988 to 1995) required a specific adapter for each auto manufacturer.

Ok so I'm gonna check the coils tomorrow along with the valve. Ill update on it. Thanks guys

Oh ok. Thanks for the heads up.