Hey Veeky Forums, just got my new engine from the shop. Longnose 1.6 with triple-cut valves...

Hey Veeky Forums, just got my new engine from the shop. Longnose 1.6 with triple-cut valves. Theres a fuck of a lot more going into the car with it too.

Recent acquisitions thread!

>Spending money on a B6
Why would you do that?

>3 angle valve job
Wew lad

Wasting money on a B6? Or is it a "spec" motor?

A BP6D with a MS3 (for the VVT control) will make more power than nearly any B6, and crush it on torque everywhere. Hell, a run of the mill HLA 1.8 from the NA miatas will beat it everywhere.

And why does a motor that deems a Gates Racing belt necessary not have a coolant re-route?

WTF is a Longnose 1.6?

>And why does a motor that deems a Gates Racing belt necessary not have a coolant re-route?

Mate everyone knows the blue belt not only adds power, but keeps the motor cooler. It's all in the kevlar blend.

you can shitpost

but can you use google?

The only reason I can think of for using the 1.6 is if you're making a super high revving motor

So what's the actual reason you chose one?

>not getting ecoboost

OP is a fucking moron is why
the 1.8 is a superior engine

Is that a V45 Magna?

1983 CB650 Nighthawk

Convenience mostly. Yes, itll be high revving. Its also being paired with a lightweight flywheel.

Just picked this up for $1500. Blows your shit out of the water m8

Not op.
But obviously a motorcyle engine will beat a car engine.
But wont last as long

Its cheap and it bridges the gap between classic and modern. Ill take on a larger project when I have more money, time and experience.

what usually happens to them? gearbox breaks?

Motorcycle engines hold up fine against car engines. They are higher maintenance for sure but there isn't any magical differences in the materials or construction that make it fail faster. Usually the biggest variable is how the engine is used. Red lining the first three gears at every stop light for several years is going to cause more wear than a grandma driving their Sentra gently through the town. The same would be true for the Sentra.

But the BP is a much better engine and you can pick up a core for like $150.

What ends up happening is they get beat to shit and the owners do not perform regular valve adjustments. So they end up (usually around 45,000 miles) with zero clearance and ride that out until it blows. With proper valve adjustments, they will easily go 100k-150k, but this almost never happens because bikes are sold/crashed/stolen so often

i dont know what you mean? who buys a bike and doesn't redline it all the time they ride it?
i sure do

its not that hard to adjust valves. sure on some engines its worse. looking at you yamaha

I'll bite

Got some koni str.t shocks, put one on, destroyed the upper shock mount getting one out so waiting for that. Was gonna post in the usual "whatcha working on this friday" thread but didn't see one.

New parts are all tightened up on the drivers side except for the upper and lower control arm bolts which have to be tightened at ride height.

Also got a new headlight, fender, and third brake light, but they sent the wrong brake light. Should be back otr soon.

Engine looks good, I've never had a brand new one only junkyard pullouts, you must be excited!